Repello Muggletum: a Hogwarts Roleplay discussion

Marauder's Map (Hogsmeade) > Hogsmeade Exterior

Comments (showing 1-50 of 53) (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Witch of Rebirth (new)

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) | 977 comments Mod
This includes any paths, walkways, or parks that you may find in your experiences at Hogsmeade. RP here.

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (TheSignPainter) | 8158 comments Mod
The first Hogsmeade trip with snow was an opportunity not to be missed. The small park in front of the Three Broomsticks was littered with a few students playing in the snow after a nice glass of butterbeer. Cecil was no exception, currently standing by one of the low walls with a few of his friends, laughing.

message 3: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 7885 comments Mod
This time, Rosaline had gone in the company of some housemates. She wouldn't have called them her friends, and that was clear from how they walked with her: she led them, naturally, and they followed in her almost queenly wake.

The snow fell lightly and swirled about in the winter breeze, collecting on every inch of her, soft flakes, white and glittering. Rosaline had to admit that it was pretty spectacular, the snow-covered grounds of Hogsmeade, the festive ambiance. She couldn't not be smiling - that, and the fact that she'd just said something brilliant and her acquaintances had laughed.

In fact, Rosaline barely noticed the group of Gryffindors as she walked past The Three Broomsticks, nibbling on a delicious cinnamon wizard candy. Or, they tasted quite like cinnamon. It could've been something completely different.

A group of Slytherins passed by them. Cecil wouldn't have payed the a second glance until he realized who was leading them. Well, it seemed like Rosaline was loosening up. Surely a conversation wouldn't hurt. It wasn't like he was messing with her or anything, so Bruce couldn't come after him for it.

"Oy, Kelly!" Cecil called, leaning back on the low wall around the snow covered park. A grin was planted on his face.

message 5: by Vanessa (new)

Rosaline stopped in mid-sentence and mid-stride, turning her head to see none other than Cecil Graham. She signaled with a dismissive wave for everyone else to go on, as they had stopped the moment she did. Rosaline wasn't sure what would happen, and she didn't want them to see her if Graham made her angry. When they turned to go, she broke away from the group and strode over to Cecil.

"Graham," she said, neutral in tone and expression, her blue eyes calculating.

"Oh, are you not happy to see me, Kelly?" he asked, his grin dissolving into a playful pout, mocking disappointment. "That's too bad. We were about to have a snowball fight. Wanna play?"

His grin returned as quickly as it had vanished. Asking her was the polite thing to do. He was intent on bringing her into it in hopes of evening out the score.

message 7: by Vanessa (new)

Rosaline looked like a deer in headlights the moment he asked the question, a look that rarely ever crossed her features. Her mother would say no. She could hear it now: "Rosaline Kelly, come inside /right now/, before I come out and make you!" she would say, and Rosaline would follow obediently.

She opened her mouth but no words came out, and it made her even more uncomfortable than she already was. Oh, what to do, what to do?

"I don't know," she said warily, brows furrowed suspiciously.

"Oh, come on," Cecil sighed, oblivious as ever to her discomfort. "It's not like we're hopping around in a volcano. It's just snow." As if to prove his point, he tossed a clump at her, just hard enough to surprise her.

"See?" he said, laughing.

message 9: by Vanessa (new)

Rosaline turned her head to the side as the ball of snow made impact on her shoulder. "Cecil," she hissed in that angry way of hers, nose scrunched and annoyance tracing the contours of her face. The wet snow would ruin the soft fur of her shawl. Now he'd done it. Rosaline took snow from the wall into her hand, squeezing it into a ball and sending it at Cecil with surprising force, considering her dainty appearance.

Still laughing as he ducked, the ball of snow grazing his back, Cecil backed away from the wall. His friends had gone off into the park, leaving the pair nearly alone. "Come on, Kelly. You can do better than that," he said with a wink, scooping up a ball of snow.

message 11: by Vanessa (new)

"I'm not - " But he was already arming himself. She let out a whimper before acting; how did she get herself into this? Rosaline responded by pushing herself onto and over the wall, landing lightly on the other side. There was no one there, and it offered some protection from Cecil. While Cecil was on the other side, she ran an arm across the top of the wall, pushing a cascade of snow onto him.

"That's not fair," Cecil called as she sent snow tumbling down onto him. He'd stumbled back before too much could get on. Now that the wall was bare of snow, he could safely approach. He went after her, pushing himself up and over the cold brick, throwing snowball at her once he was on top of the wall.

message 13: by Vanessa (new)

"Who said we were playing fair, sweetheart?" Rosaline called innocently, her lips twitching up into a sly smile. She squealed when the snowball hit her, holding her arms up to hide her face. Rosaline crouched to gather up two snowballs, tossing one after the other at Cecil.

"You are such a Slytherin." He shielded himself from the oncoming snowballs with his arms, though they didn't hinder his progress towards her for very long. Gathering up more snowballs, he threw them at Rosaline, one after another and made his way closer.

message 15: by Vanessa (new)

"Why thank you," she replied, her smile broadening into a full-on grin. Rosaline had nowhere to hide, not a bush or a tree in sight behind the wall, only a pure white expanse of snow. She dodged the snowballs, although some she was too slow for and they made their mark.

"What are you doing?" she asked as he came closer, tossing another snowy projectile at Cecil. He was letting himself get hit for the sake of getting nearer, she could tell, but why?

"You'll see." Cecil winked. He'd wait until they got to a point where the snow was thicker, so as to not injure himself and Rosaline. And until then, she'd be left guessing as he threw more snowballs at her.

message 17: by Vanessa (new)

Rosaline's smile faltered in confusion. Whatever he was planning gave her an uneasy feeling. She stepped began walking backwards, shielding herself from the snowballs he tossed. She paused right before a tall snowdrift, looking back for a second so she wouldn't trip and fall into it.

Perfect. As soon as her head was turned, he ran forward, arm wrapped around her waist, and pulled her into the snow drift. Snow went everywhere around them as the two bodies fell, Cecil laughing all the while.

message 19: by Vanessa (new)

Rosaline squealed, gripped by a falling sensation that made her heart leap. She clung to Cecil instinctively, her arms wound around his neck and head buried into his shoulder. It didn't hurt, hitting the snow, but the cold at her back made her shiver against him.

Rosaline pulled her head away from his shoulder, staring up at him with wide eyes. She felt so very, suddenly hot, and couldn't see clearly. Was that the blur of snowflakes collecting on her lashes? And what was the hot, the hot and cold like electricity on her body?

Still laughing as he pulled himself away from her, Cecil propped himself up against his elbows. "See, I told the others that you could have fun if you really tried. Or stopped trying, I guess. And I think that you've had a fantastic time."

message 21: by Vanessa (new)

Rosaline retracted her arms, brushing the blinding snow off of her face. Yes, it had been the snow that had made it hard to see. Of course. She sat up, shaking herself out like a dog to remove the snow that had collected on her back, still feeling warm. She concluded that it had just been the side of her that hadn't fell against the snow. That was all.

"Right," she said, a noncommittal word for lack of anything else to say.

Cecil let out a dramatic sigh, falling back into the snow and in turn, sending more up. "Come on, Kelly. I have a point to prove here," he said, prodding at her side. "A little more than that would be nice."

message 23: by Vanessa (new)

"I was tackled not ten seconds ago. Give me a moment, alright?" Rosaline snapped, whipping around to glare at him. Her glare dissolved almost immediately. He looked ridiculous - hair ruffled, covered in spots of snow where the snowballs had taken impact, sunken into the snow drift with flakes all about him.

"Oh my god, Graham," she said, exploding into giggles at the sight of him. Rosaline dropped her head to her knees, brown curls spilling over her shaking shoulders.

"What?" Cecil asked. He didn't like it when people laughed when he wasn't trying to be funny. It occurred to him that he probably looked terrible, with snow all over him.

message 25: by Vanessa (new)

"Oh...god..." She struggled to speak, and gasping in the cold air didn't really help. Rosaline wiped her ears, watery from her laughter, letting out a laughing sigh as she regained her composure. "You look absolutely ridiculous," she said, mouth quirked up into a smirk.

Cecil shoved snow at her before sitting up and shaking out his hair, running a hand through it to get out all the excess ice and make it look somewhat more presentable. He looked back at her, thoroughly satisfied. "I don't know what you're talking about. I look fabulous," he answered with a grin.

message 27: by Vanessa (new)

Rosaline let out a sound of surprise, shaking the snow off of her. It wasn't so easily done like with Cecil's shorter hair, and a good amount of snow stuck like silvery ice confetti in her hair. "Oh, yeah," she replied with a good-natured roll of her eyes. "Extremely sexy."

"Drop dead gorgeous. How could not love this face?" Cecil winked. He stifled his own laughter (poorly; his shoulders shook). Snow clung to most of her from the snowballs from before, and even more so now from the cluster he'd shoved.

message 29: by Vanessa (new)

Rosaline opened her mouth to reply, and then he started laughing. If he looked bad, she probably wasn't any better. But unlike Cecil, she didn't really mind that her looks weren't up to par. "I look like a Yeti, don't I?" she asked with a pouting sigh.

"Yes. But an adorable one," Cecil replied. He settled back down into the snow. The cold didn't bother him. He was warm (as he'd charmed his clothes before he left) and comfortable.

message 31: by Vanessa (new)

Rosaline, however, hadn't. Sometimes she took the more Muggle approach (a result of being brought up in both places), and that usually didn't result well. After all, Rosaline hadn't anticipated coming outside and roughhousing in the snow with Graham. It was an error of inexperience.

"It's freezing," she said, wrapping her arms around herself to try and stop the shivering.

"I think someone needs a hug to warm them up." Cecil cracked a grin. He was warm, and he had a feeling she knew it from when she'd clung to him (which really hadn't been bad at all).

message 33: by Vanessa (new)

Rosaline rose a brow, but she couldn't really argue against the offer unless she wanted to lose feeling in every part of her body. "Oh, what the hell," she said, shrugging. He'd been quite warm before, she had to admit, but she wouldn't outwardly admit it to Cecil.

"Oh, don't look so upset about it. You might actually like it." Cecil pulled her close, wrapping his arms around her waist. It was clear that his coat wasn't normal from the warmth emitting from him.

message 35: by Vanessa (new)

He was so warm, Rosaline practically melted against him, every dip and curve of her body conforming to Cecil's. "Oh my god, you're like a human furnace, Cecil," she said, looking up at him, tone half-surprised and half shaky from relief. "Do wizards even have those?" she asked, more to herself. "I never remember this stuff."

"Er, I would hope not, because that would be terrible," he answered looking down at her. "I mean, imagine having a fire burning Merlin-knows-where inside you. Disgusting."

message 37: by Vanessa (new)

"That's not what I meant, you dolt," Rosaline said with a roll of her eyes, although there was a certain note of affection in her voice. "I meant to ask if wizards have furnaces. You know, the heating device inside your house to keep you warm? Or do you use magic for that?" She tilted her head inquisitively, letting it rest down on his shoulder, his warm, warm shoulder.

"Yeah, I know what a furnace is, love." He rolled his eyes. "My parents are traditionalists, and our house is ancient, so we still have fire places to keep ourselves warm, and it's kind of ridiculous. But they've charmed the place, so it's bearable most of the time," Cecil replied, shrugging. "But probably. Loads of them live in Muggle populated areas. Had to adapt somehow."

message 39: by Vanessa (new)

"That's true." Her mother would freeze to death for traditionalism rather than happily accept the inhabitable house they lived in. Rosaline didn't care to mention that. She was about to ask how he stayed so warm and then realised - the same way his parents kept their house warm.

"I'm such a Muggle," she groaned at the realisation, burying her nose into his shoulder, partly for warmth and partly because it felt quite nice to be held.

message 40: by Iviana (The Sign Painter) (last edited Nov 25, 2012 09:32PM) (new)

"Oh, of course you're not," Cecil said, patting her back. His hands edged downwards, hardly noticeable. "I mean, have you tried talking to a Muggle about this? They go bloody mental and start calling you the mad one. Nah, you're just a bit thick at times."

message 41: by Vanessa (new)

"Thanks, Cecil. I feel loads better now," she replied sarcastically, sighing. What he said was true, though. Rosaline had trouble keeping Muggle friends because she often let things slip about the wizard world, and it was hard to try and explain them or let them on as a joke without looking nuts.

"I said 'at times,' Kelly," he pointed out, which was the closest thing she could get to a genuine compliment. Cecil rested his chin on the top of her head. Not bad at all.

message 43: by Vanessa (new)

Rosaline was a bit surprised when she felt his chin against the top of her head, but she didn't complain. For a single, fleeting moment everything felt comfortable and good and so unmistakably perfect. But as the rules of the universe went, nothing was ever truly flawless.

It felt wrong. It felt wrong in the sense that this was Cecil Graham, she wasn't supposed to stand Cecil Graham, but here she was, being held by none other than Cecil Graham. Rosaline hated that feeling of simultaneous right and wrong, so much so that she wanted to leave.

Rosaline gently extricated herself from him without a word, standing up and brushing the snow off of herself.

Cecil leaned back onto his elbows, frowning (a new look for him. Or at least, around school). He got that she didn't like him, but he'd honestly thought that she had gotten past that. She seemed to have almost enjoyed it (just as he'd promised).

"Something wrong? I thought you were starting to like it," he said, head cocked to the side. "If not, fine. I'm sure Bruce is up for a cuddle. He could use it, too. Spends way too much time with that cat of his."

message 45: by Vanessa (new)

"Bruce has an unhealthy obsession with cats," she said in an as-a-matter-of-factly tone. "You'd think he was an Egyptian, the way he loves those things." Rosaline formulated a quick explanation. Not a lie. Well, not completely.

"I've got to go," Rosaline said, shrugging, and she did look the slightest bit rueful in the eyes. She had to go because all of this was confusing her. "I'm going to freeze my arse off out here," she complained, brushing snow from her backside. It was a bit wet from rolling around on the ground, and it was uncomfortable.

"You're a witch. I thought we established that. Just charm it off," he sighed. He found himself not wanting her to go, especially when they were just establishing a sense of normalcy between them. Cecil stood up himself, pulling out his wand from his inner coat pocket. He pointed it at himself, muttering, "Tergeo!" and the snow clinging to his clothes and body fell to the ground.

message 47: by Vanessa (new)

"I can't help that I think like a Muggle," she mumbled. So her excuse hadn't been as well-thought out and concrete as she had wanted it to be. But it wasn't like Rosaline could tell Cecil the truth, even if she wanted to, even if she could. The truth resisted simplicity. (view spoiler)

Rosaline pulled her wand from her belt, casting the snow away and drying her underside. She'd have to look up the charm for warming her coat later. "Right. So your friends are probably waiting for you. I'd better go." In the meantime, she wrapped her arms around herself like before, and started back towards the wall.

"Yeah, clearly they're waiting on me," Cecil retorted. His friends had probably left for the Three Broomsticks already. He hadn't seen them, and they were clearly nowhere near them. He tucked away his wand. "Whatever. Your loss."

Sighing once she was out of earshot, he made his way towards the Three Broomsticks, hopping over the waist high wall easily, and went inside.

message 49: by Vanessa (new)

Both relieved and remorseful to be leaving, Rosaline paused in front of The Three Broomsticks for a moment, glancing inside. He was there, as were his friends. She didn't know why she wanted to see. I must be getting a fever or something, Rosaline decided, continuing on her way to the castle.

((For Whim~))

It was a sunny day, but it seemed that the sunlight refused to warm anything. Cecil didn't seem to mind the cold, without so much as his cloak to keep him warm. A small group of Gryffindors stood along the sidewalk, Cecil with them, and as loud as ever.

A few broke away to head into the Three Broomsticks, preferring the warmth and festivity. The conversation died down eventually, and the rest of his friends went to join the others inside. He decided against joining them, covering up with a lame excuse, though no one questioned it. He moved away from the bustling pub, for once deciding that he wanted to be alone--at least for a bit.

« previous 1