Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter discussion

Disscusions > Octavian

Comments (showing 1-50 of 68) (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Regan, Overlord Grapefruit - Head Mod (new)

Regan | 2926 comments Mod
I take it none of you like him. Express your hatred here!!!! Or, if you do like him, explain why!

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan | 671 comments I hate Octavian, or very very highly dislike if you don't like the word hate, the point is that i do not like that guy! His is a rude, blackmailing, scruffy, stupid, very much disliked dude. He is also annoying, again very rude,and for some reason doesn't like and trust the freaking awesome Greeks! I really hate him!!!!!

message 3: by Regan, Overlord Grapefruit - Head Mod (new)

I loved how Jason and Percy teamed up on him in MoA! XD

message 4: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 462 comments I believe Octavian is extremly mis understood only looking for tradition to stick with his people which what cause the fall of Roman power, Tradition...but i believe he is misunderstood in this aspect for wanting power.
He wants the Roman heart to burn with fury as it did once before. He hates the Greeks because of the traditional hatred. He will never see anyones side of things as everyone wants change and tradition seems rather important too him. His obnly true flaw is he needs more suddlty to his approach instead of straight forward hatred for such change...Things are the same for Luke he will realize his flaws in the end and make all better saving more than you believe just as Luke did sacrificing himself to destroy the rule of the titans...

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan | 671 comments Percabeth1122 *Regan* wrote: "I loved how Jason and Percy teamed up on him in MoA! XD"

That was awesome, i loved how Percy said "Now both Jason and i outrank you so we can both tell you to shut up."
Then they fist bumped each other. that was sooo awesome!!!

message 6: by Regan, Overlord Grapefruit - Head Mod (new)

Ikr?! Everyone (including me) thought they would fight (the cover induced that too) and then BOOM! Bromancia!!!! Haha, and Annabeth was like, "ok, you 2 can continue your bromance later. We have more important things to worry about." lol!!!!

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan | 671 comments That was hilarious! All of they're bromaning and fighting was awesome, and they're both so freaking powerful, though in my opinion Percy is more powerful. like Nico said, "Percy is the most powerful demigod I've ever met." that is one of my favorite quotes!

message 8: by Regan, Overlord Grapefruit - Head Mod (new)

Omg yes!!! I was annoyed that Piper thought Percy looked weak compared to Jason. I was all, "No you didn't?! Thats my Percy you're talking about!!! Jason has nothing on Percy!!!" lol

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan | 671 comments lol,I hated when she thought that i just like, nuh uh, you did not just say that! He is 10x stronger than Jason, no offense to Jason but he is in my opinion.

message 10: by Regan, Overlord Grapefruit - Head Mod (new)

Yeah!!! That sooo made Piper annoying. To me

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan | 671 comments yeah, but i guess i can see where she coming from, thinking that he boyfriend is better than a guy she hasn't really know for that long, but what i don't get is that she thinks that Percy isn't as good as Jason is when his is just as good or better. I mean how can she think that when she's heard a lot about all Percy has done!

message 12: by Regan, Overlord Grapefruit - Head Mod (new)

Yeah, I see what you mean. And omg, didn't Jason think something along the lines of "Who is this Percy guy? All I hear is Percy this and Percy that."

message 13: by Audrey ~ EXO-L (new)

Audrey ~ EXO-L (lunewhisper7) I hate him. Period.

message 14: by Regan, Overlord Grapefruit - Head Mod (new)

Lol, if you truly hate him, take a look at...

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/7...

message 15: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 462 comments believe Octavian is extremly mis understood only looking for tradition to stick with his people which what cause the fall of Roman power, Tradition...but i believe he is misunderstood in this aspect for wanting power.
He wants the Roman heart to burn with fury as it did once before. He hates the Greeks because of the traditional hatred. He will never see anyones side of things as everyone wants change and tradition seems rather important too him. His obnly true flaw is he needs more suddlty to his approach instead of straight forward hatred for such change...Things are the same for Luke he will realize his flaws in the end and make all better saving more than you believe just as Luke did sacrificing himself to destroy the rule of the titans...

I'm sticking to it

message 16: by Audrey ~ EXO-L (new)

Audrey ~ EXO-L (lunewhisper7) O.O Regan...XD

message 17: by Regan, Overlord Grapefruit - Head Mod (last edited Nov 19, 2012 03:45PM) (new)

Jacob wrote: "believe Octavian is extremly mis understood only looking for tradition to stick with his people which what cause the fall of Roman power, Tradition...but i believe he is misunderstood in this aspec..."

I understand where you are coming from. Really. Now my perspective of him has altered though I still see the power hungery kid. I am not sure if anyones noticed Octavian's name...? yes? no? well, son of Julius Caesar, was Augustus. This was not his his original name. (Roman names are long...like really long...) but within his long name, is Octavianus or Octaivian in common English. Augustus was given to him by the Roman Senate because they believed he was the greatest ruler. (Augustus meaning "great" or "magnificent" in Latin.) This is also found to be true to many for he held power the longest out of all Rome's emperors. So maybe RR planned this...? Maybe Otavian would make an extemely good praetor? he's the opposite of the ancient ruler...? Who knows. *Shrugs*

Shheeeeeshhhh, now that I re-read this, I feel as though I'm giving you all a lecture! Sorry if I am...

message 18: by Audrey ~ EXO-L (new)

Audrey ~ EXO-L (lunewhisper7) *shrugs* It's okay ^^

message 19: by Regan, Overlord Grapefruit - Head Mod (new)

~☯Audrey☯~Unknown Fate wrote: "*shrugs* It's okay ^^"

yay!

message 20: by Regan, Overlord Grapefruit - Head Mod (new)

~☯Audrey☯~Unknown Fate wrote: "O.O Regan...XD"

Lol, Althea and i came up with the idea through our hatred towards him! XDDD

message 21: by Audrey ~ EXO-L (last edited Nov 19, 2012 04:00PM) (new)

Audrey ~ EXO-L (lunewhisper7) I read some of the posts and I laughed so hard!

message 22: by Regan, Overlord Grapefruit - Head Mod (new)

Haha! Irk?! I STILL can't get over Althea's nickname for him! Pikatue! However you spell that...

message 23: by Audrey ~ EXO-L (new)

Audrey ~ EXO-L (lunewhisper7) Add this for me:
Turn Piper into the Grim reaper. :D

message 24: by Regan, Overlord Grapefruit - Head Mod (new)

Haha! Will do!

message 25: by Audrey ~ EXO-L (new)

Audrey ~ EXO-L (lunewhisper7) ^^

message 26: by Regan, Overlord Grapefruit - Head Mod (new)

-:)

message 27: by Kirubaharan (new)

Kirubaharan | 206 comments Octavian sucks like his Ancestor, Apollo when Apollo tells haiku. Octavian: Here's my message, "Nobody cares about you."

message 28: by Regan, Overlord Grapefruit - Head Mod (new)

Lol, Apollo can be pretty funny though! XD but indeed, yes! Octavian is a pile of brown trees for all I care!

._. Yes, I know my "pile of brown trees" stank. I couldn't come up with anything! Like my mod name! XDD

message 29: by Kirubaharan (new)

Kirubaharan | 206 comments *Regan* Percabeth1122 wrote: "Lol, Apollo can be pretty funny though! XD but indeed, yes! Octavian is a pile of brown trees for all I care!

._. Yes, I know my "pile of brown trees" stank. I couldn't come up with anything! Like..."

Superb Regan, all though it was kinda weird a little bit. But you get the pint, Octavian is an idiot

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (Eiyah_Fantasyfreak) | 1602 comments Mod
Jacob wrote: "I believe Octavian is extremly mis understood only looking for tradition to stick with his people which what cause the fall of Roman power, Tradition...but i believe he is misunderstood in this asp..."

Um...ah...I kinda agree...DON"T KILL ME!

message 31: by Regan, Overlord Grapefruit - Head Mod (new)

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!* wrote: "Jacob wrote: "I believe Octavian is extremly mis understood only looking for tradition to stick with his people which what cause the fall of Roman power, Tradition...but i believe he is misundersto..."

Lol, don't worry, Althea! You're too awesome to be killed! And everyone has their opinion :) I kinda agree but there is just like an...aura around Octavian. Wherever he goes, there's bound to be something bad happening. And to me, most of the time it's his actions

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (Eiyah_Fantasyfreak) | 1602 comments Mod
*Regan* Percabeth1122 wrote: "Althea *Go wolves and dragons!* wrote: "Jacob wrote: "I believe Octavian is extremly mis understood only looking for tradition to stick with his people which what cause the fall of Roman power, Tra..."

Aw...thanks^-^ And yes...Octavian has an aura with "Trouble" written all over it.

message 33: by Regan, Overlord Grapefruit - Head Mod (new)

:) I've really thought about Octavian. I guess he might not be as bad. I mean, at first I think we all thought Octavian was the one who shot at his own camp but it was just those pesky spirit things

*Regan* Percabeth1122 wrote: ":) I've really thought about Octavian. I guess he might not be as bad. I mean, at first I think we all thought Octavian was the one who shot at his own camp but it was just those pesky spirit things"

Yeah:) I knew it was Leo because remember when Annhabeth said he looked almost evil for a sec? So in my mind I was thinking: "Please be Octavian, please be Octavian, I don't want my big bro to be evil! :("

message 35: by Megan (new)

Megan | 671 comments Yeah, Octavian is okay, He's more on the side of me not liking him, but he's not that bad, mostly annoying.

message 36: by Tylee (new)

Tylee Britton (tyleebritton) He's OCD about traditions and hatred. Couldn't Apollo give the gift of augury to a nice person?

message 37: by Regan, Overlord Grapefruit - Head Mod (new)

Lol, agreed. Octavian - not so bad but not wicked awesome either.

Lol, ikr?!

message 38: by Tylee (new)

Tylee Britton (tyleebritton) Exactly!

So...mixed emotions?

message 40: by Kirubaharan (new)

Kirubaharan | 206 comments Octavian is a jerk who wants people to like him except for the fact that they hate him for slaughtering teddy bears

message 41: by SaraArena (new)

SaraArena | 679 comments I bet teddy bears hate him the most!!! :D
Though, they have their reasons...

message 42: by SaraArena (new)

SaraArena | 679 comments As for me, I have mixed feeling, I mean he can be pretty bad when he wants to, but sometimes I just feel sorry for the guy...

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

*Octavian walks in*
Random Teddy Bear: HEY! That's the guy who killed my pappy!
Octavian: Wait wait wait!
All Teddy Bears: *attack Octavian and kill him*

message 44: by SaraArena (new)

SaraArena | 679 comments Lol!
Octavian: Have mercy!
Teddy Bears: that's the same thing we say, do you listen to us????

Octavian: Um...
Teddy bear: That's what we thought so...

Annabeth wrote: "*Question*: Does anyone know who Octavian's godly parent is????????????????????"

He's a decent of Apollo:)

Welcome!^-^

message 48: by Neha (last edited Apr 12, 2013 09:10AM) (new)

Neha (Neha71580) Octavian??? Seriously?? We've got a blog for him??

Yep!

message 50: by Regan, Overlord Grapefruit - Head Mod (new)

Indeed! You may express yourself :) whether that means anger/hatred towards him or a humble understanding, all is welcome

« previous 1