The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

PREQUEL

Comments (showing 1-22 of 22) (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by B. (new) - rated it 5 stars

B. Allyson i think it would be cool if there was a prequel where we got to read about the other games. but that would be cool too!!

Hilary It would be cool if there was like a person that would be in the perspective of a tribute in katniss's first game

Tina J I think I'd love to read about Haymitch's Hunger Games.
Or the build up to how The Hunger Games came to be.

message 4: by Joe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joe I would like to read a story about a boy during the first rebellion of D13.

Gabby The prequel could be about the first Hunger Games (you would see how much it adapted over 75 years) or about the transition between being a falling through country to a country with a yearly televised death match. Suzanne Collins should really consider make a Hunger Games prequel. I would most definitely read it!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Ugh after Mockingjay I really just think I'm done with the hunger games series. I think that the series is done, there are no unanswered questions, so I dont see how a prequel would benefit us

message 7: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Jordan (The Gleek) wrote: "Ugh after Mockingjay I really just think I'm done with the hunger games series. I think that the series is done, there are no unanswered questions, so I dont see how a prequel would benefit us"

how do they even make presuqle to it?

message 8: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia odd

Ilana Tina J wrote: "I think I'd love to read about Haymitch's Hunger Games.
Or the build up to how The Hunger Games came to be."

this was my exact thought. i'd love to see what haymitch was like before he became a drunk...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

You can read a bit about it in Catching Fire. :D

Ilana Shahdia wrote: "You can read a bit about it in Catching Fire. :D"

true true - but it'll be nice to see what he was really like - in depth and maybe get a glimpse of things from all those years ago. maybe some of the parents would be there - like katniss' mom and dad and we can see how they were, and maybe the mayor and all that.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I like the idea of the first Hunger Games or the first Quarter Quell. Hey! Remember when Katniss says there were only two winners from Distrit 12 (before Katniss and Peeta). There was Haymitch, and then an unnamed one. What if they won in a)The first Hunger Games, because maybe they hadn't worked out the Careers system yet, or b)The first Quarter Quell?

message 13: by Suze (new) - rated it 5 stars

Suze Snow's life as a kid (who knows maybe he was nice once upon a time)

message 14: by Leah (new) - rated it 3 stars

Leah I think she was a traitor at first, when she first received the necklace. But later, when she said that Luke was threatening her when she wanted to stop, I felt bad for her and realized that I would have done the same thing, keep doing what he said so long as he didn't hurt my friends.

Nadia Suze wrote: "Snow's life as a kid (who knows maybe he was nice once upon a time)"

Yeah I think that would be cool, like either that or how his family came to be in power. It was his family that's been in power since the uprising, right?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Kaylee wrote: "Jordan (The Gleek) wrote: "Ugh after Mockingjay I really just think I'm done with the hunger games series. I think that the series is done, there are no unanswered questions, so I dont see how a pr..."

I realize what a prequel is. And you make a good point about it not being about answering unanswered questions. I guess I'm just frustrated with Suzzanne Collins

message 17: by Jeni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jeni A prequel could be interesting, if done well. I would want to see the world 76 years ago when the rebellion began and how "the Capitol" managed to get control and instigate a game that people bought into.

How did that happen? What was the rebellion about? How did they regain power? What was the reaction to the first games? How many people protested as a result? Who was the president that started the games? How did Snow come to power?

I want THAT story.

April I think that would be an amazing storyline!!!! That sounds amazing!! It would be cool to read about how it was BEFORE the world of the Hunger Games!

Kirsten LOVE that idea

message 20: by Gaby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gaby Testa that would be kinda cool

Hannah Church I would definitely read this. We should sign a petition or something ;D

Jordan Yeah! I would love to read about the first Hunger Games!