The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Greetings fellow bibliophiles!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissamarilyn) I'm new to both the site and the group, and I must say I absolutely love this place. I was previously a member of LibraryThing, but decided it was probably time to find a new home when I found out you have to pay if you want to enter more than 200 books into your library (quite an outrage, I must say).

So a little bit about me, if anyone cares,
I'm 15 years old, female (couldn't guess from the name?) and currently live in Maine, though I'm a Bostonian through and through. My mother was an avid book collector when I was small, so I grew up surrounded (quite literally, we had giant bookshelves full) by children's books which undoubtedly was the cause of my love of reading. I'm incredibly grateful to my mother for that, and plan to do the same if I have children someday.

I'm a big fan of all things fantasy, enjoy a historical fiction (especially ancient history), and guiltily delight in a good chick-lit every once in a while. My bookshelves (both real and virtual) seem painfully bare at the moment, though I have big plans to fatten them up (as you will see from my steadily growing "to-read" shelf). Unfortunately, my town library is a wee bit small, and we are currently snowed in, preventing me from even attempting to get to the nearest bookstore.

I'm extremely excited to start exploring this group, and I'm sure you'll see me around. Sorry for the long post, my fingers got away from me!

message 2: by Allison (new)

Allison (inconceivably) Welcome! I'm a fantasy/Hist. Fic./chick-litty person myself.

Don't worry...you'll grow your TBR pile to an Everest in no time.

message 3: by Hilary (new)

Hilary (renfrew) | 66 comments I'm new, too. I'm a fantasy fan, as well.

message 4: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10125 comments Mod
Hi Melissa,
Everyone has indulged in a little chick lit here and there! You are in good company. Thanks for joining!

message 5: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Welcome to you.

message 6: by Leora (new)

Leora hi, I am from Maine too! Quite a storm we got today!

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissamarilyn) Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone!

Leora: Quite a storm indeed. We were literally snowed in, as our "driveway" is way too huge to shovel, the plow didn't come until the late evening, and the cars couldn't even get over the snow (not that my parents risked trying). I did get the day off school though, which was pretty great :)

Fiona: Oh dear, I should hope not. I'm quite a wimp (especially when it comes to scary books), so I've never even attempted to read one of Stephen King's stories. It's probably for the best. XD

message 8: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Melissa, Welcome to the group !!!!

message 9: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Hello and Welcome to the group.

message 10: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Melissa,welcome and happy reading!!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group Melissa!

message 12: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 1045 comments Hi Melissa. Welcome to TNBBC.

message 13: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) Welcome Melissa!

message 14: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments Welcome Melissa! I hope you like climbing mountains because soon the hills will be gone!