Bookworms Unite! discussion

General > What are you currently reading??

Comments (showing 1-50 of 67) (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Alondra (new)

Alondra I am currently reading A Feast for Crows, and absolutely love this series! What is everyone reading right now? :)

message 2: by Dustin (new)

Dustin | 1195 comments Mod
The Talisman and Inheritance (although I used the term "currently reading" very loosely..:()

message 3: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Dustin wrote: "The Talisman and Inheritance (although I used the term "currently reading" very loosely..:()"

hehehe... thats called a baby! aaww, i guess you will have to read The Talisman out loud to him... :)

message 4: by Dustin (new)

Alondra wrote: "Dustin wrote: "The Talisman and Inheritance (although I used the term "currently reading" very loosely..:()"

hehehe... thats called a baby! aaww, i guess you will have to read The Talisman out lou..."

:)

message 5: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 18 comments A Game of Thrones, and loving it.

message 6: by Dustin (new)

Awesome, Courtney!

message 7: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Courtney wrote: "A Game of Thrones, and loving it."

Yea!! another one hooked, Dustin!

Courtney, the first book is just a taste of these dastardly characters. I really hope you enjoy it. I am on #4 right now :)

message 8: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
Awesome Courtney!
I can't wait to start this series!

message 9: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 18 comments Alondra wrote: "Courtney wrote: "A Game of Thrones, and loving it."

Courtney, the first book is just a taste of these dastardly characters. I really hope you enjoy it. I am on #..."

Awesome, dastardly characters are my favourite! :D I've had this book on my shelf for the better part of a year, but I was putting it off until I'd finished school so that I would have the time and energy for all those characters etc. My husband also has been nagging me incessantly to read it - he's a big fan of the show, and since I've always intended to read the books, I won't let him watch it when I'm around LOL

message 10: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 18 comments Also, I love the parts about Jon Snow and the Wall...

message 11: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Courtney wrote: "Alondra wrote: "Courtney wrote: "A Game of Thrones, and loving it."

Courtney, the first book is just a taste of these dastardly characters. I really hope you enj..."

good for you! my hubby actually watched the 2nd season on his Ipad next to me while I was reading the 2nd book!! what a louse... he paid dearly for that one. >:(

message 12: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Bailey (JSBailey) | 219 comments I, too, am currently reading The Talisman.

message 13: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (crk815) Alondra- I want to read those!

message 14: by Alondra (last edited Nov 17, 2012 07:04PM) (new)

Alondra Cassie wrote: "Alondra- I want to read those!"

well, by-george, you must hit a UBS and get them!! i highly recommend these books to everyone. i don't think it's fair to pigeon-hole the books under sci-fi, fantasy or what have you... they have a little of everything. I didn't think they would be interesting; especially after attempting and failing a reading of Outlander by Diana Giabaldon; i felt it was a lost cause. I was wrong. The writing had me hooked immediately and i instantly bought 2 more books...

do not be overwhelmed with the amount of characters; believe me, you can't forget them...

(UBS-used book store, known to tap your wallet)

message 15: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (NoisyReading) | 77 comments I am just finishing up The Talisman. I love this book!

message 16: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (crk815) Thank you Alondra!

message 17: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Cassie wrote: "Thank you Alondra!"

you are soooo welcome :D

anytime i can brag on a book, i shall...

message 18: by Janie (new)

Janie Johnson Working on The Oath by Frank Peretti. Its a pretty good book actually! Pleasantly surprised.

message 19: by Dustin (new)

Janie wrote: "Working on The Oath by Frank Peretti. Its a pretty good book actually! Pleasantly surprised."

Good, I'm glad you're enjoying it, Janie.

message 20: by Dustin (new)

Alondra wrote: "Courtney wrote: "A Game of Thrones, and loving it."

Courtney, the first book is just a taste of these dastardly characters. I really hope you enjoy it. I am on #..."

YAAY!!!:)

message 21: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Janie wrote: "Working on The Oath by Frank Peretti. Its a pretty good book actually! Pleasantly surprised."

I have been watching your progress and wondered how you were liking it, Janie. I may need to add it to my ever-increasing TBR... :)

Dustin wrote: "YAAY!!!:).."

hehehe

message 22: by Janie (last edited Nov 22, 2012 07:15PM) (new)

Janie Johnson Alondra wrote: "I have been watching your progress and wondered how you were liking it, Janie. I may need to add it to my ever-increasing TBR... :)"

It is actually much better than I thought it would be. I tried reading Peretti before 'The Visitation' and could not get into that one. Dekker is far better. But this one is really very good! I am pleased!

message 23: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Janie wrote: "Alondra wrote: "I have been watching your progress and wondered how you were liking it, Janie. I may need to add it to my ever-increasing TBR... :)"

It is actually much better than I thought it wo..."

i need to try Ted Dekker this year...

message 24: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) I'm reading Little Star by John Ajvide Lindqvist. I'm a huge fan of his! :)

message 25: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (NoisyReading) | 77 comments Kathy wrote: "I'm reading Little Star by John Ajvide Lindqvist. I'm a huge fan of his! :)"

That sounds like a great book Kathy, I've added it to my ever expanding list.:)

message 26: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) Mine keeps expanding, too, Tracy. Just when you think you are making headway on your TBR list, it just gets longer and longer and longer. lol

message 27: by Dustin (new)

Alondra wrote: "Janie wrote: "Alondra wrote: "I have been watching your progress and wondered how you were liking it, Janie. I may need to add it to my ever-increasing TBR... :)"

It is actually much better than I..."

What, you haven't read Dekker's brilliant work yet, Alondra!?:)

message 28: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Dustin wrote: "What, you haven't read Dekker's brilliant work yet, Alondra!?:)"

I know... I am such a loser. One of these days soon.. :/

message 29: by Dustin (new)

Alondra wrote: "Dustin wrote: "What, you haven't read Dekker's brilliant work yet, Alondra!?:)"

I know... I am such a loser. One of these days soon.. :/"

You're not a loser.:)

Just wait until you do give Dekker a go.. you're sure to love his style! May I highly recommend Adam?

message 30: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Dustin wrote: "You're not a loser.:)

Just wait until you do give Dekker a go.. you're sure to love his style! May I highly recommend Adam? ."

Yes, kind sir; you may!! :D

i think i already put it on my list... if not, then i will :D

message 31: by Janie (last edited Nov 23, 2012 05:53PM) (new)

Janie Johnson Alondra wrote: "i need to try Ted Dekker this year..."

I dont think you would be sorry Alondra. Dekker is quite good. I would start with Adam or Thr3e. Both very good!

message 32: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Janie wrote: "Alondra wrote: "i need to try Ted Dekker this year..."

I dont think you would be sorry Alondra. Dekker is quite good. I would start with Adam or Thr3e. Both very good!"

Thanx, Dustin and Janie; Both are on my list!! :)

message 33: by Janie (new)

Janie Johnson Awesome! I have so many more Dekker books to read. And I am looking forward to it. One of his newest, The Sanctuary, I am really excited about but have to read The Priest's Graveyard first.

message 34: by Dustin (new)

Alondra wrote: "Janie wrote: "Alondra wrote: "i need to try Ted Dekker this year..."

I dont think you would be sorry Alondra. Dekker is quite good. I would start with Adam or Thr3e. Both very good!"

Thanx, Dusti..."

You are very welcome, Alondra!!:)

message 35: by Dustin (new)

Janie wrote: "Awesome! I have so many more Dekker books to read. And I am looking forward to it. One of his newest, The Sanctuary, I am really excited about but have to read The Priest's Graveyard first."

Janie- I have many more Dekker books to read, as well! We should do a buddy read or something, what do you say?

message 36: by Janie (last edited Nov 25, 2012 11:36AM) (new)

Janie Johnson Would love it Dustin! How about this next month? I only have 3 buddy reads for December. I am really wanting to read "The Priests Graveyard, and The Bonemans Daughter. Also I have House that Frank Peretti joined him on. Also I wanna do a reread on Thr3e! So any of those suit me just fine. Hehe this will be a great read Dustin, ty for asking. :)

message 37: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Bailey (JSBailey) | 219 comments Janie wrote: "Would love it Dustin! How about this next month? I only have 3 buddy reads for December. I am really wanting to read "The Priests Graveyard, and The Bonemans Daughter. Also I have House that Frank ..."

The Priest's Graveyard and BoneMan's Daughters are two of my faves. I kept having to sit the latter down to regain my composure because some of the scenes were THAT disturbing, but oddly I found myself cackling at certain parts that may not have been intended to be funny. But then, fictional serial killers do tend to crack me up sometimes.

Thr3e made my head spin so much that it dang near unscrewed from my neck.

message 38: by Dustin (new)

Janie wrote: "Would love it Dustin! How about this next month? I only have 3 buddy reads for December. I am really wanting to read "The Priests Graveyard, and The Bonemans Daughter. Also I have House that Frank ..."

You are very welcome, Janie!

I have no idea when I could do it, because I'm really hoping to be a part of the Atlas Shrugged buddy read, and that's going to take awhile to get through. I'd be up for any of the titles you suggested, though, thank YOU! Also, we have a copy of Kiss and I've been dying to read it!

message 39: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Picking up Bad Moon Rising and Thr3e..all for a little thrills and chills, ladies and gentlemen. :D

message 40: by Rosalie (new)

Rosalie Turner I'm reading "Some of My Best Friends Are Black". I just started but I think it will be a most interesting book.

message 41: by Janie (new)

Janie Johnson J.S. wrote: "The Priest's Graveyard and BoneMan's Daughters are two of my faves. I kept having to sit the latter down to regain my composure because some of the scenes were THAT disturbing, but oddly I found myself cackling at certain parts that may not have been intended to be funny. But then, fictional serial killers do tend to crack me up sometimes.

Thr3e made my head spin so much that it dang near unscrewed from my neck.
"

I can see that about Thr3e. It was super crazy! And I loved the twist! I look forward to a lot more books from Dekker!

message 42: by Janie (new)

Janie Johnson Dustin wrote: "You are very welcome, Janie!

I have no idea when I could do it, because I'm really hoping to be a part of the Atlas Shrugged buddy read, and that's going to take awhile to get through. I'd be up for any of the titles you suggested, though, thank YOU! Also, we have a copy of Kiss and I've been dying to read it!"

You just let me know when you are ready to start any of them and then we can get started. No rush! And yea I have not bought Kiss yet, but it will be one I read in the near future.

message 43: by Dustin (new)

All right, sounds great! I am really looking forward to doing a buddy read with you, Janie! And you know I can't wait to experience more of Dekker's brilliance!:)

message 44: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 18 comments Finished with A Game of Thrones, now I'm reading The Twelve.

message 45: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Bailey (JSBailey) | 219 comments Started reading False Memory. One of the characters is named Dustin.

message 46: by Jason (new)

Jason (Jokers_Knight_Out) Tartarus and it's already like the one before it (A Hideous Beauty), then it's going to be filled with quirky humor and thought-provoking mentions of the spiritual realms and sciences.

message 47: by Dustin (new)

J.S. wrote: "Started reading False Memory. One of the characters is named Dustin."

Well which Dustin is it? The crazy or sane one?
I really liked False Memory a lot. I hope you do, too!

message 48: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Bailey (JSBailey) | 219 comments Dustin wrote: "J.S. wrote: "Started reading False Memory. One of the characters is named Dustin."

I really liked False Memory a lot. I hope you do, too!"

LOL!

message 49: by Dustin (new)

J.S. wrote: "Dustin wrote: "J.S. wrote: "Started reading False Memory. One of the characters is named Dustin."

I really liked False Memory a lot. I hope you do, ..."

:)

« previous 1