The YA book lovers! discussion

Books! > Least favorite books of all time?

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lady Poppy (new)

Lady Poppy | 160 comments Mod
What are your least favorite books of all time? Why don't you like them? Please share.

These Violent Delights (Robin) The Pigman by Paul Zindel Big Mouth and Ugly Girl by Joyce Carol Oates If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman

All these books were just hard to read and I got bored during them. They just weren't for me

message 3: by Blue (new)

Blue Iris MAY include spoilers: Okay, honestly I like it, in fact love most of the series. The reason I'm adding this isn't really the first couple of books they're great. But I don't like how the problem never really changes. It's mostly the same thing over & over again Dark Flame

message 4: by Fiona (last edited Nov 22, 2012 03:42PM) (new)

Fiona Titchenell | 3 comments The Sound and the Fury, by Faulkner. I wouldn't mind dredging through the stylized lack of punctuation if the POV characters weren't so unrelentingly horrible. And Robinson Crusoe. I know it's taught in schools because it pioneered the novel format, which is great, but for that exact reason, the format is so rough I find it almost unreadable.
The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe

message 5: by Lady Poppy (new)

Lady Poppy | 160 comments Mod
I personally don't like The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank. It was terrible in my opinion. I know it was written as a personal journal without the knowledge that it would be published, but I had to labor through it in my English class. Ugh.

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (TheRedLozza) Lady Poppy wrote: "I personally don't like The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank. It was terrible in my opinion. I know it was written as a personal journal without the knowledge that it would be published, but..."

She did actually know that there was a chance that her diary could be published. There was a news report on the radio that the government was interested in records of people who have been through the war. She was halfway through editing her diary when she was captured. That's why the last half a year lasts half a book because she never got around to editing it.