Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > For those about to rock...

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments http://www.avclub.com/articles/meme-t...

The AV Club posted this article about how the fake kids these days are naming their fake bands. I thought you all might want to name your imaginary bands as well.

I like my real one well enough, but they'll have to get used to my new solo project Ljubljanica, which will be releasing an album called "Stick To Your Face." Here's the album cover: http://www.flickr.com/photos/airch/32...

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Jackie and Larry did this on facebook!

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Well, if we were friends on Facebook maybe I'd know that :)
I haven't seen this one cycle through my friends yet. Maybe I'll start it. Yes, I'm just that bold.

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Start it! Start it!

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments To be honest, I kind of like the band name the randomizer came up with, though I know the name Ljubljanica will be butchered by the press. Still, it has a nice ring to it.

message 6: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Is the name Ljubljanica taken from the from the name of the infamous Soviet prison?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments What does Ljubljanica mean, Sarah Pi? Something about love?

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments It is apparently a river in Eastern Europe. Or so the random Wikipedia page told me.

message 9: by Dave (last edited Feb 23, 2009 11:12AM) (new)

Dave Russell Lubyanka (there are various ways to spell it) is the name of a Soviet-era prison in Moscow.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Hmm...I don't like it as much when it's pronounced like that. It had a nice sound when said phonetically. I guess I'll stick with my current band after all.

message 11: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i was going to name my band RandomAnthony but apparently that is taken

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.