UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Lost/stolen kindle

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steve (new)

Steve (scotstevie) I have either had my kindle stolen or simply lost it...it is password protected so no good to anyone. Has anyone had a similar experience..so annoyed as i want to read.my books!!

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (Snibborg) | 9019 comments That's deeply saddening, Steve. A poor Kindle, alone in the wild, away from it's master. The password only heightens its agony as it cannot call for help.

Hope it turns up soon.

Michael Cargill Cargill (MichaelCargill) | 2951 comments Password protected?

You can have it back then, what's your address?

message 4: by Elle (new)

Elle (Louiselesley) | 7914 comments I have in the notes bit in settings of my kindle my email address and 'reward given'

message 5: by Steve (new)

Steve (scotstevie) well i hope it turns up tomorrow....going to try my local garage since i had it there last..might have fallen in the car i borrowed!

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61382 comments I'm so sorry for your loss, Steve. :(

I do hope you recover it, safe and well. The fact that its password protected is great!

I suggest your first step should be contacting amazon to report the loss. They, I *think* should be able to track it if its used again. Not sure about that as I've not experienced it personally.

Do click the help button on the upper right top corner of any amazon page and follow the steps to get customer services to ring you back. I suggest you tell whoever answers that you have a tricky problem and would like to please speak to a manager.
I've heard of some people being offered a free replacement, if they've handled things correctly.
Please do check in again to let us know what happens and/or if we can help further.
Poor,sweet, lonely kindle. :(

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61382 comments Michael wrote: "Password protected?

You can have it back then, what's your address?"

Tsk. Not helpful nor at all amusing.

That's two.

message 8: by Steve (new)

Steve (scotstevie) Thx Patti..will try tomorrow

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61382 comments No need to wait til tomorrow, Steve.

The help lines are 24 hours.

Do you need a help finding the link to customer services?

message 10: by Steve (new)

Steve (scotstevie) Hi Patti thx for your help. I called the car garage today (Sunday) it was still under the passenger seat where it must have fallen out my bag. My faith in people is restored. x

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61382 comments YAY!!!!

message 12: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9437 comments Result! :)

message 13: by Steve (new)

Steve (scotstevie) Indeed..party time i can buy and read to my hearts content!!!

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4697 comments Michael wrote: "Password protected?

You can have it back then, what's your address?"

Damn, I told you it was a rubbish kidnap plan.

message 15: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24020 comments So pleased for you Steve - I've been holding my breath (between gasps).

I'd hate to be without mine.

message 16: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5175 comments Glad you got it back Steve.Happy reading!

message 17: by Jud (new)

Jud (Judibud) | 17941 comments I know! What a relief! I'd be lost without mine