What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Old children's book: Me I don't, me I don't, me I don't care.

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (Bonfiggi) | 18 comments This is a childrens' book I read to my kids 45 years ago or so. When asked anything, the main character would answer, "Me I don't, me I don't, me I don't care."

message 2: by Lisa (last edited Nov 17, 2012 08:13AM) (new)

Lisa (Med0ra) | 437 comments How about Pierre A Cautionary Tale (1962) by Maurice Sendak?

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12...

message 3: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (Bonfiggi) | 18 comments That's a charming book, and the age is right, but the "me I don't, me I don't" isn't there. Thanks though, Lisa.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Lobstergirl | 20411 comments Mod
Joanne, are you still looking for this book?

message 5: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (Bonfiggi) | 18 comments Yes, without success. Do you know it?

message 6: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4025 comments Joanne, do you remember anything else about the book? Was it illustrated? Were the characters human, animals, monsters, etc?

Remember anything about the cover?

message 7: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (Bonfiggi) | 18 comments I only remember that my kids said it to me way too many times.

message 8: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) You'll have better luck jogging someone's memory if you come back and 'bump' this thread every month or two. Consider this your free bump for January, and come back sometime in Feb. with anything else you remember, or just type 'bump' as a comment. It does sound somewhat like Sendak, but I don't recognize it.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Joanne wrote: "Yes, without success. Do you know it?"

No. Are you still looking?

message 10: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (Bonfiggi) | 18 comments Hoping, not actively searching.

message 11: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Still looking/hoping now?

message 12: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (Bonfiggi) | 18 comments I look through old books at thrift stores, and occasionally try to remember the title. Not a priority.

message 13: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (SheilaReads) | 100 comments This may seem strange, but are you sure it's a book and not a song? Because my dad used to sing a "me I don't, me I don't, me I don't care" song to me and my sister when we were kids. Maybe he picked it up from a storybook, I don't know. It ended with someone screaming "OH YES I DO CARE!," and there was some sort of chase, but I don't remember after that!

message 14: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (Bonfiggi) | 18 comments Sheila wrote: "This may seem strange, but are you sure it's a book and not a song? Because my dad used to sing a "me I don't, me I don't, me I don't care" song to me and my sister when we were kids. Maybe he pick..."
It was a book. Kids I read it to loved that attitude.