The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

118 views
TASK HELP Winter 2012-2013 > 10.1 - Happy New Years!

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandy (last edited Nov 16, 2012 09:33PM) (new)

Sandy | 12663 comments Mod
10.1. Happy New Years!
In honor of starting a new year, read a book that is either the first book in a series that is new to you, or a book with the word or numeral “one” in the title/subtitle. The word “first” will also work. For the "first in a series" option, the book must be identified as such on GR.


message 2: by Sandy (last edited Jan 11, 2013 04:08PM) (new)


message 3: by Sandy (last edited Jan 11, 2013 04:08PM) (new)

Sandy | 12663 comments Mod
not approved:


message 4: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (Oma1229) | 1291 comments Would a trilogy be considered a series?


message 5: by Riona (new)

Riona (rionafaith) Wanda wrote: "Would a trilogy be considered a series?"

I'd like to know this answer too. Or what about a series that is still being written -- are there a certain number of books that must be published so far? If only one or two books are out yet but it's listed as a series on goodreads, is that enough?


message 6: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 12663 comments Mod
Wanda wrote: "Would a trilogy be considered a series?"

Sure.


message 7: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 12663 comments Mod
Riona wrote: "Wanda wrote: "Would a trilogy be considered a series?"

I'd like to know this answer too. Or what about a series that is still being written -- are there a certain number of books that must be pub..."


For this task, the only thing that matters is that GR identify the book as the first in a series. Doesn't matter how many books are in it, or how many have been published.


message 8: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 2403 comments I just finished readingThe Dark Winter by David Mark. On the good reads page for this book, it says this book introduces a new detective etc. . Would this qualify as information on the GR home page as first in a series? On the info that came with the book it is stated it is the first in a projected series


message 9: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 12663 comments Mod
Andy wrote: "I just finished readingThe Dark Winter by David Mark. On the good reads page for this book, it says this book introduces a new detective etc. . Would this qualify as information on the GR home page..."

Sorry, it has to be marked as #1 in a series, as part of the official GR title (generally in parentheses after the title)


message 10: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 2403 comments Sandy wrote: "Andy wrote: "I just finished readingThe Dark Winter by David Mark. On the good reads page for this book, it says this book introduces a new detective etc. . Would this qualify as information on the..."

Guess it gets used as a mystery in another task, thanks


message 12: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 12663 comments Mod
CassieV wrote: "Does this work: One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are?

Thanks"


Sure - it has "one" in the title, so it fits!


message 13: by CassieV (new)

CassieV | 92 comments Thanks :)


message 14: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (Oma1229) | 1291 comments Would this book work? There are only two books in the series.
Bambi a Life in the Woods byFelix Salten


message 15: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 12663 comments Mod
Wanda wrote: "Would this book work? There are only two books in the series.
Bambi a Life in the Woods byFelix Salten"


yes, this task specifically allows any book noted on GR as #1 in a series, regardless of how many books are in the series.


back to top