The Women's Mystery Club discussion

The Surgeon (Rizzoli & Isles, #1)
This topic is about The Surgeon
Rizzoli & Isles > The Surgeon (#1)

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Pasta (pasta26mc) | 343 comments Mod
You can discuss the first book of the series here.

message 2: by Kim (new)

Kim Galla (catmommie) I checked out the book to read over the next couple of weeks.

Pasta (pasta26mc) | 343 comments Mod
Awesome. It's a real page turner. Hope you enjoy it.

Jodi | 7 comments This was a really interesting read, it was very different how the main character (Rizzoli) was almost secondary for part of the book. I found her character unlikeable. She was so angry all the time. While Moore was engaging and had a good back story. This was a good mystery, I found it hard to put down at the end. But no Doctor Isles in the first book... which if you watch the show makes sense because it covers events that happened to Rizzoli before Isles entered the picture. I'm interested to see where this goes. I'm trying to catch up to the book club so I'm on par with everyone else in the series. (I can't stand to read things out of order.)

Autumn (autumnmemory80) Jodi wrote: "This was a really interesting read, it was very different how the main character (Rizzoli) was almost secondary for part of the book. I found her character unlikeable. She was so angry all the tim..."

It is funny you say how unlikeable Rizzoli is, because my very good friend John said the same thing! We both really liked Moore as well. I wondered how she decided to make Rizzoli the main character. I have not read book 2 yet, and have not watched the show, so I am clueless on how this series goes. So far I really enjoyed The Surgeon and cannot wait to begin the next in the series. Funny note: When the show was first being advertised I decided to read the book. I did not have time to get it done before the show started, and I thought, “It’ll be fine, I can watch the first episode and then read the book.” If you watch the first episode you will hear something like this within the first few lines spoken… “Is this the work of _____________? Is the surgeon out of prison?” I had the book sitting on the kitchen counter and thought, “Well, no need to read it now!”