What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Books whose Organization is Structured Around a List

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by drowningmermaid (last edited Nov 16, 2012 11:02AM) (new)

drowningmermaid | 115 comments A book that takes you through a series of events by explaining a list...

Something like Asher's "Thirteen Reasons Why" or maybe "The Next Thing on My List" by Jill Smolinkski, or (I'm guessing here-- only saw the movie) "High Fidelity" by Nick Hornsby.

Ideally, preferably, a list of lessons learned worked into a bildungsroman.

Any suggestions?

message 3: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2030 comments Mod
I think The Boyfriend List: 15 Guys, 11 Shrink Appointments, 4 Ceramic Frogs and Me, Ruby Oliver by E. Lockhart does this, but can't put my hands on a copy right now to check.

drowningmermaid | 115 comments @Jim "How Lincoln learned to Read" definitely sounds interesting, but I'm not sure it's quite what I had in mind. Is it something like Malcolm Gladwell's "Outliers"?
I was thinking more of a personal series of events, rather than a series of persons effecting history. Although something like "Twenty things that Made America What it is Today" might work.

@Andria I'll check it out and see if it's what I have in mind...

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim (JimMacLachlan) I never read "Outliers". Read my review for a pretty good synopsis of the book.

message 6: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 725 comments If fiction for middle-graders is okay, then I suggest Ellen Conford's "Seven Days to a Brand-New Me".

message 7: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2030 comments Mod
This new book just came in to our library today and it reminded me of your request: 34 Pieces of You. Seems similar to 13 Reasons Why.