Inspiration Room discussion

Prompts > First Sentences

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Also in "Write in 2009". Pretty self-explanatory.

1. The tried-to-be-stifled giggle actually wasn't stifled at all.

2. You're in a white room, no windows, no doors. What do you do? Well, what don't you do? You don't "scream Mommy." Guess what? I did.

3. She cupped her fingers and brought the water to her mouth. The rare drink snapped her awake.

4. Dreaming is not hard.

5. "I like your earrings."

6. "When will it be ready?"

message 2: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller 7. Ouch. Note to self: DO NOT TOUCH HOT STOVE. It may sound like common sense, but today hadn't been a common day.

message 3: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) (I LOVE seeing all of the first sentences! Some are so creative and inspiring and some are just...weird! LOL!)

message 4: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) 8. Though my hands were frozen, my heart was warm, smoldering in fire of love.

message 5: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) 9. Love is like fire - warm and soothing, but you can get burned and burns leave a scar.

message 6: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller 10. A big, ugly scar ran down his arm.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

(I love the sentence about Love is like fire)

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 24, 2009 02:39PM) (new)

11. She woke up in the middle of the night screaming, when were they going to end?

message 9: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller 12. Heart pounding, I turned and kicked out, striking my pursuer in the stomach.
He didn't even flinch.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

13. I wasn't worried about breaking boys's hearts. I hadn't done it before, but it sounded like fun.

message 11: by del (new)

del (delaneyjoyce) 14. I was on my way home from choir practice when the sky began to turn green.

message 12: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) 15. Green is the color of tornados, motion sickness, envy, witches, spinach, and my hair. In my opinion, green is not a good color.

((just so you all know, I like spinach and my hair is not green. I like the color green. Complete fiction.))

message 13: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller 16. I turned towards him and snapped, "She's my best friend. Break her heart, and I'll break your face." And then I walked away.

message 14: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) 17. There are very few thing you need a crowbar for and I didn't think opening a jar of peanut butter was one.

message 15: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller 18. I liked dancing, but apparently dances didn't like me. I was safer in my bedroom by myself.

message 16: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller 19. I sighed as I realized that my great idea had fallen flat. My group was practically dead. But what could I do? Advertise, I suppose.

message 17: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Today started out as a perfectly normal day. I ate breakfast, mom said good bye to me as I left for school, and I hung out with my friends. Little did I know, though, that my life was going to change forever.

message 18: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay First, I loved dancing. Second, I was recently engaged. Third, I was actually dead.

message 19: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) 22. Being dead didn't seem to agree with me.

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 10, 2009 05:13AM) (new)

23. As I walked home, something struck me and everything went black.

message 21: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller 24. Heart pounding, I gently reached out and tapped him on the shoulder.It had taken all the courage I had to talk to him, to touch him. Imagine my surprise when he slapped me across the face.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

25. If looks could kill, I'd be dead by now.

message 23: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller 26. If looks could kill, I'd be dead a thousand times over.

message 24: by DeShonay (new)

DeShonay  (deeshonay) | 3 comments 27. I thought about killing him, by stabbing him in his chest with a butcher knife.

message 25: by Seth (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) 28. Is mortality really that much to ask for?

message 26: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller 28. I shuddered at the morbid thought. Stabbing= Insanity.

message 27: by del (new)

del (delaneyjoyce) I can't help laughing at all these sentences about death, stabbing, mortality, killing. Dear, dear, morbid bunch, ain't we? ;) Might as well join the trend...

29. I suppose it is no great commendation to my powers of observation when I recall that I didn't even see the body until I stepped on it.

(oooh, I think I just killed some of my OWN writer's block... but still, if anyone wants to use that, it's up for the taking. :) )

message 28: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller 30. Morbidness is one of the pillars of our world today. And I blame the Romans.

message 29: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller 32. The way he treats me drown in a river of tears, an ocean of hurt, a world of fear. It was like the sky was crashing around me.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) The eerie sound of the wind made my arms prickle as I walked towards my school. I'd heard plenty about this school.

message 31: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller The three willows swayed and merged into aspens who merged into pines. Was I losing it?

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

34. Why was life so unfair?
35. "You have three brothers?"
36. Then he leaned back, closed his eyes, and melted back through the car-seat.
37. Suddenly, a large hailstone smacked my temple.
38. Sometimes I wished I didn't have to wake up.

message 33: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller The light blinked, and I blinked back.

message 34: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) 41. For some reason, the people of the past always thought that the world would end when the sky fell. In reality, the world ended when the sky rose a little bit higher, taking the sun with it.

message 35: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller 42. I hate my anger, but my anger is caused by my hatred of it Where's the the justice in this world?

message 36: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) 43. Oh, the irony!

message 37: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller 44. I hate 4's. In China, 4 is the symbol of death. Did you know that?

message 38: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) 45.Quick! Save Tink from the evil 4s! But very strange, oh the irony, 4 is my lucky number!

message 39: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller 46. Paige smiles as she reads the above sentence. 4 is her lucky number too, but her Chinese friend Aaron hates it, thus inspiring the sentence.

message 40: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) 47. "Oh oh." Riley thought. She has sparked a conversation with first sentences, once again!

message 41: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller 48. MUST END CONVO!

49. The vulture shrieked a death cry. Funny that the scavenger should be scavenged.

message 42: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) 50. I'm always wondering why...

message 43: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller 51. Life sucks. No joke.

message 44: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller 52. I just knocked an airplane out of the sky. It was unintentional, but this death spiral isn't looking so good.