Reader's Corner discussion

Books by Genre > Contemporary Romance

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (Ejaygirl) What are the books you loved, hated or were just okay? Post any authors and titles you'd recommend based on your reading experiences. If you've created any reviews of specific titles, provide the link or write your review/comments here, whichever works for you.

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (Ejaygirl) One series that is my go-to for feel good experiences is Virgin River by Robyn Carr. The first book in the series is also called Virgin River Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) by Robyn Carr. There's not a lot of action but the heart of the stories is the community of the town. It's where most of us would consider the ideal town to live in. And, the romances range from sweet to steamy/turbulent. Love this series, which has 20 books in it to date, including the novellas.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (Kris1980) Jonetta wrote: "One series that is my go-to for feel good experiences is Virgin River by Robyn Carr. The first book in the series is also called Virgin RiverVirgin River (Virgin River, #1) by Robyn Carr. There's not a lot of ..."

A fabulous series!!! I love that characters are present in future books so we get to see what happens after "happily ever after".

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (Ejaygirl) Ooh! That's right! The character continuation is one of the best aspects of the series. They aren't just mentioned, recurring characters have meaty roles in future stories.

message 5: by Kris - My Novelesque Life (last edited Nov 19, 2012 10:11AM) (new)

Kris - My Novelesque Life (Kris1980) Another series I like is Susan Wiggs's Lakeshore Chronicles. It centers around the Bellamy family and their family business of owning a Camp on the lake in a small town. I would recommend reading them in order as there may be spoilers in some of the books about past novels.

The first book is Summer At Willow Lake (Lakeshore Chronicles, #1) by Susan Wiggs

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (Ejaygirl) I'm so glad to see you tout this series. I have the books but haven't read them yet.

For those of you interested in Robyn Carr's new series called Thunder Point, the first book, The Wanderer, is now on Goodreads if you want to add it to your shelf.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (Kris1980) Jonetta wrote: "I'm so glad to see you tout this series. I have the books but haven't read them yet.

For those of you interested in Robyn Carr's new series called Thunder Point, the first book, The Wanderer, is ..."

Yay!

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (Ejaygirl) I just finished a book in the Kowalski Family series by Shannon Stacey. I've had this series on my shelf for at least a year and now I'm excited about finishing. The first book is Exclusively Yours Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family, #1) by Shannon Stacey.

message 9: by Jonetta (last edited Dec 10, 2012 02:36PM) (new)

Jonetta (Ejaygirl) I also just finished the Crooked Creek series by Molly O'Keefe. I loved these stories.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (Kris1980) Jonetta wrote: "I also just finished the Cross Creek series by Molly O'Keefe. I loved these stories."

I am going to have to look into the series you mentioned above. :) I am always looking for good contemporary rom.

message 11: by Kris - My Novelesque Life (last edited Dec 10, 2012 11:10AM) (new)

Kris - My Novelesque Life (Kris1980) I have been reading Brenda Novak's Whiskey Creek series and am loving it so far.

When We Touch (Whiskey Creek, #0.5) by Brenda Novak When Lightning Strikes (Whiskey Creek, #1) by Brenda Novak When Snow Falls (Whiskey Creek, #2) by Brenda Novak

message 12: by Jonetta (last edited Dec 10, 2012 11:14AM) (new)

Jonetta (Ejaygirl) Kris wrote: "I have been reading Brenda Novak's Whiskey Creek series and am loving it so far.

You know I love this one, too.

message 13: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (Ejaygirl) Kris wrote: "Jonetta wrote: "I also just finished the Cross Creek series by Molly O'Keefe. I loved these stories."

I am going to have to look into the series you mentioned above. :) I am always looking for go..."

The first book is Can't Buy Me Love Can't Buy Me Love (Crooked Creek Ranch, #1) by Molly O'Keefe.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (Kris1980) Jonetta wrote: "Kris wrote: "Jonetta wrote: "I also just finished the Cross Creek series by Molly O'Keefe. I loved these stories."

I am going to have to look into the series you mentioned above. :) I am always l..."

Thank you, Jonetta! Btw, if I have not thanked you for introducing me to Whiskey Creek THANK YOU. It is so good.

message 15: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (Ejaygirl) You're welcome!