The Siren (The Original Sinners, #1) The Siren discussion

Thoughts on the ending?

Comments (showing 1-38 of 38) (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jenn Scranton This book was all over the place emotionally... I honestly felt nothing for Zach and his wife and really their reunification felt almost out place for the tone of this book. But the end: I WAS SO UPSET! I wanted to shake her! What about Wesley?!?! Thoughts?

Andrea I was extremely upset with the ending and felt the same way about Zach and his wife! I honestly wasn't sure I'd read the second but I'm glad I did. It had me feeling differently and the third comes out next week. Can't wait! It's been one of my favorites thus far!

Jenn Scranton Good to hear that because I have the second one waiting for me at home and I have been avoiding it like the plague!!!

Also, did you think the whole Jewish thing was going to go farther than it did? In the beginning there were hints of Yiddish and they uncovered that his name was Zechariah, and then... well that was just it. I thought the amount of detail would have some purpose but it was just kind of there...

Laura Yeah, I didn't see much purpose in the Jewish thing except that it connected Zach and Nora in a way that shows they were both "hiding" a side of their personality, I guess. The Angel was great. I really liked it. It sheds more light on the whole Soren/Nora situation while exploring side stories that began in The Siren. I can't wait for the next one to come out!

Mina Khan OMG, I cried at the ending! And while I loved the writing, I did want to shake Nora at the end. The whole situation with Wesley broke my heart...I hope there's a happy ending for him down the road.

Jenn Scranton Read The Angel. You will be pleasantly surprised! You get a real glimpse into everyone's back stories, but it's happy!

Mina Khan Jenn wrote: "Read The Angel. You will be pleasantly surprised! You get a real glimpse into everyone's back stories, but it's happy!"

Yay! It's already on my Kindle, but was a bit hesitant to read (given my Wesley feelings...), so heartened by your words & should start reading soon! :D

Jenn Scranton I thought the same thing! I avoided it like the plague, but it was EXCELLENT!!! Trust me :)

Inkigayo I'm going to start the second book later tonight. Can someone please tell me if Wesley plays a role in the next book? I'm totally obsessed with him.

I loved the ending of the Siren, actually. Given how the story was winding down, it made sense to have Nora and Wesley's relationship fall apart tragically. I hope he's still in her life though. Their sexual tension induces fan girl squeals

Laura Are you talking about the second book? If so, he's not prominent but there is a nice Wesley surprise in there for you. A nice one. A perk for the Wesley obsessed ;)

If it's the third book then it's split up with a prominent Wesley/Nora storyline throughout.

Inkigayo Thanks! I'll look out for it :D

message 12: by Mina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mina Khan Laura wrote: "Are you talking about the second book? If so, he's not prominent but there is a nice Wesley surprise in there for you. A nice one. A perk for the Wesley obsessed ;)

If it's the third book then it'..."

OK, now I want to get to book 3...but just stared reading the second one :)

message 13: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn Scranton I have to wait for the library to get book 3 so it may be a while, lol

Traci Jenn wrote: "This book was all over the place emotionally... I honestly felt nothing for Zach and his wife and really their reunification felt almost out place for the tone of this book. But the end: I WAS SO U..."
wait until book 3, if you think you are upset now, wait until you get to the end of book three and realize you have to wait until august 2013 to find out answers

message 15: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn Scranton Oh boy! Now your stirring the pot! Haha, I haven't gotten my hands on book 3 quite yet...

Traci oh, you have no idea, i went so far as email the author about why we have to wait!!!

Andrea Traci wrote: "oh, you have no idea, i went so far as email the author about why we have to wait!!!"

I finished book 3 last night and the ending OMG!!!! Can't believe we have to wait till August!!

Laura Andrea wrote: "ending OMG!!!! Can't believe we have to wait till August!!"

ugh me neither...soooooo frustrating!! Sounds like I'm going to get very familiar with the first three books!! RE-READ CITY!!!!!

Venus a.k.a Ryia After reading all 3 books, I feel like i am sitting on a porch swing, wes/nora or soren/nora ? And what is that ending with such a frustrating cliffhanger ? So not fair to wait till August. I will go crazy.
Oh and Soren,my fav person,I'm hoping a really satisfying ending for him.

Andrea Alisha wrote: "After reading all 3 books, I feel like i am sitting on a porch swing, wes/nora or soren/nora ? And what is that ending with such a frustrating cliffhanger ? So not fair to wait till August. I will ..."

I love Soren!!!

message 21: by Roro (new) - rated it 5 stars

Roro I have also read all the books....And like some of you guys. "I am loving me some Soren too"!!! You think you will hate him, but in the end you just find yourself rooting for him!!! August....really??? That's so far away!

message 22: by J.D. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J.D. Chase Is it just me that wants to have a better ending for Zach? I hope we see more of him in the upcoming books.

Andrea J.D. wrote: "Is it just me that wants to have a better ending for Zach? I hope we see more of him in the upcoming books."

I did love Zach in the first book too. I really do hope he comes back in the next ones.

Andrea Roro wrote: "I have also read all the books....And like some of you guys. "I am loving me some Soren too"!!! You think you will hate him, but in the end you just find yourself rooting for him!!! August....reall..."

Exactly my thoughts!! I wasn't sure I liked him at first and now he's all I think about :)!!

Carole You will really love The Prince.
I find the series just gets better with each book, plus there is more insight into each of the main characters, so you know why they are the way they are.

message 26: by Carolyn (last edited Dec 29, 2012 06:36PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Carolyn Andrea wrote: "J.D. wrote: "Is it just me that wants to have a better ending for Zach? I hope we see more of him in the upcoming books."

I did love Zach in the first book too. I really do hope he comes back in ..."

I've only read "The Siren" and I did want a better end for Zach. I think his wife kept him dangling to see if something better was out there. I wanted him and Nora to hook up. Don't know what the other books in the series hold, but I will find out. I'm hoping for something better for Zach and Wes. I love to see Wes' character expand.

Laura Carolyn wrote: "I've only read "The Siren" and I did want a better end for Zach."

I know we are all different, but I was happy with Zach's ending. The issues he and Grace had seemed to be from both ends. Zach never gave Grace a chance from the beginning due to his guilt stemming from the failed pregnancy. Grace, in turn, shut down. I think they both genuinely cared for each other, but the emotions stemming from the miscarriage interfered with their relationship for ten years. Nora help set Zach's free. I was glad to see that they were finally able to move past it and give each other a chance.

Wes I do hope finds a good ending, but right now I am undecided what happy for him would entail. Please do read the next two in the series. All the characters (minus Zach's) gain some incredible depth. An amazing series by an amazing writer.

Carolyn Laura wrote: "Carolyn wrote: "I've only read "The Siren" and I did want a better end for Zach."

I know we are all different, but I was happy with Zach's ending. The issues he and Grace had seemed to be from bot..."

Thanks! I think I will try the next book!

Maria Costantino I hated the end of the book wanted slap Nora saying wake up girl why you going back too a person try your best left him start over. And Whole thing with Wes just killed me.

Courtney Maria Costantino wrote: "I hated the end of the book wanted slap Nora saying wake up girl why you going back too a person try your best left him start over. And Whole thing with Wes just killed me."

Agreed 100 percent... U felt like Wes got screwed and Nora was off her rocker.

Maria Costantino Yes that how I feel Wes and Nora made good couple he love her...

Maria Costantino reading book 2 now so far it good.

Thebomb i read all three books and so far, i still feel that Wes is too tame for Nora, Soren might be extreme too so i'm not sure how things will work out eventually.... but i found in book 3 that Wes is pretty annoying, chasing Nora and all that, his story seems like a cliche & a dead-end to me, always have...

Maria Costantino In first book it seems Wes too how say baby like. I mean when I was young I knew things about sex. How can he not know about sex. Even if Nora didn't what she did.

~IreneOust~ Thebomb wrote: "i read all three books and so far, i still feel that Wes is too tame for Nora, Soren might be extreme too so i'm not sure how things will work out eventually.... but i found in book 3 that Wes is p..."

THANK YOU!!! I am glad I am not the only one who found Wes annoying. I thought his immaturity became apparent in book 3. I just don't see Nora ending up with him (Wes) and being truly/completely happy. I do get where the story was going with the two of them - both "virgins", Wes in it's true meaning and Nora because she never had a "normal" relationship so both are starting out from scratch so to speak. I just don't see the HEA for those two. No way in hell Nora would give up her kink completely and Wes made it clear he had no intention of going there (which I found selfish but what do I know?).

Mercy Cortez If I'm honest I don't think Wesley and Nora will end up together, I Love wesley, but I think Nora won't ever change completely; I think in the end she will walk into the sunset alone because nor soren or wes has what she needs. I'm not sure how I really feel about it but I trust tiffany and she is a fabulous writer and I trust her ending will leave me speechless (and probably in tears).

Maria Costantino You need book two understand what Soren did for Nora. I still don't like Wes!!!

message 38: by Rhonda (new) - added it

Rhonda Jenn wrote: "This book was all over the place emotionally... I honestly felt nothing for Zach and his wife and really their reunification felt almost out place for the tone of this book. But the end: I WAS SO U..."

I agree Zach and Grace were a given but I really wanted more of what happened to Wesley since he was Key to Nora as a character probably as much as Soren overall the ending fell flat for me maybe that was the point to get you to the next book to see what happens next.