Historical Fictionistas discussion

The Missing Heiress
This topic is about The Missing Heiress
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Ancient History (Old Threads) > The Missing Heiress - Karen Charlton

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (last edited Nov 18, 2012 01:06AM) (new)

Karen Charlton | 16 comments Win a signed copy of
THE MISSING HEIRESS
(Published: 6th December 2012)

To celebrate the launch of my latest novel, 'The Missing Heiress', I am running a promotional competition on my website.

Simply read the extract of 'The Missing Heiress' posted on the Books Page of my website.

www.karencharlton.com

Then answer the following question in the form provided - and you could be the lucky winner of a signed copy of my latest novel.

Question: 'What is the name of the thief arrested by Constable Woods at the Whitechapel Toll Gate?'

The competition closes on December 31st and the winner will be announced in January.

Check out the home page of my website for full details:

www.karencharlton.com

The Missing Heiress

The Missing Heiress by Karen Charlton

Kristin Gleeson | 83 comments Woods and Lavender are great characters that I enjoyed in 'Catching the Eagle.' Glad to see they're back in action.

message 3: by Moonyeen (new)

Moonyeen Blakey I'm sure this novel will prove a winner! Readers will enjoy meeting Lavender and Woods, a pair of sleuths in the tradition of Holmes and Watson, and all those other famous detectives we know and love.

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Charlton | 16 comments Thanks Ladies!

There's only a couple of weeks to go now before the book is published and I'm getting very excited.

Please pass on the details of this competition to everyone you know who enjoys historical crime fiction. It's open to all. :)

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen Charlton | 16 comments 'The Missing Heiress' podcast has now been posted on the home page of my website. Click on the link to hear a woman with a strong Northern accent talking about her new novel. Is that really how I sound? (Blush)

www.karencharlton.com

The Missing Heiress

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen Charlton | 16 comments I received my first copies of 'The Missing Heiress' last night and feel very excited. It is slimmer than my first novel because 'Heiress' is only 86,000 words but it looked and felt great.

In fact it even SMELT great. :) Lovely smooth white pages. Publication day next Thursday (6th) I just hope that the readers like the novel as much as I do. (Finger crossed!)

The Missing Heiress

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen Charlton | 16 comments 'The View from Here' online literary magazine has published my article on 'The Frustrations of Plotting Crime Fiction.'

If you are interested in writing crime fiction, or who just wants to know how I wrote 'The Missing Heiress,' then please feel free to check it out... oh, and please leave a comment on the page.

http://www.viewfromheremagazine.com/

message 8: by Marie (new)

Marie Macpherson (goodreadscommarie_macpherson) | 56 comments Wishing you all success, Karen. You deserve it. I loved your article on writing crime fiction. Excellent tips and advice - for writing any plot driven fiction.

message 9: by Karen (new)

Karen Charlton | 16 comments ON THE EVE OF PUBLICATION...

Gosh! It is all happening today!
Firstly, my good friend and fellow author Frances Kay Brown has published an interview with me on her blog, in which I talk frankly (and humorously) about the criminals in my family and how it has influenced my writing.

http://franceskaywriter.wordpress.com...

Secondly, my publisher Knox Robinson Publishing has now released my FREE short story about Detective Stephen Lavender and Constable Woods, called: 'The Mystery of the Skelton Diamonds.'
You can download it for free from this link.

http://www.knoxrobinsonpublishing.com...

The Missing Heiress

message 10: by Karen (last edited Dec 06, 2012 12:46PM) (new)

Karen Charlton | 16 comments Published!

'The Missing Heiress' is now available in hardback and eBook format.
Please follow this link to the kindle bookstore:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Missing-Heire...

Northumberland, November 1809: A menacing figure stalks women through Hareshaw Woods and a beautiful, young heiress disappears from her locked bedchamber.

The townsfolk cry 'witchcraft' and the local constabulary are baffled. Helen Carnaby's worried uncle sends for help from Bow Street magistrates' court in London. Detective Stephen Lavender and Constable Woods now face their toughest and most dangerous assignment.

Convinced, at first, this is just a simple case of a young woman who has eloped with her lover, Lavender and Woods are alarmed to discover a sinister world of madness, violence and secrets lurking behind the heavy oak door of the ancient pele tower at Linn Hagh. Why did Helen Carnaby flee on that wintry October night? How did she get out of her locked bed chamber? And where is she now?

Hindered by Helen's uncooperative siblings, distracted by gypsies, rebellious farmers, highwaymen and an attractive and feisty Spanish senora, Helen Carnaby's disappearance is to prove one of the most perplexing mysteries of Lavender's career.

Set in the beautiful market town of Bellingham, Lavender and Woods eventually strip away the facade and discover the grim truth and stark evil which lies behind the closed door of a respectable family home.

'The Missing Heiress' is the first in a series of Regency mystery featuring Detective Stephen Lavender and Constable Woods

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.