The Lorax The Lorax discussion

the lorax

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Annie I love this book!!! The pictures are very colorful and welldone! Same with the writing!

message 2: by Lulu (new)

Lulu I love it too! It took me some time to realize that Dr. Seuss's books are actually loaded with important messages. I think this one has the best message of all.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Y'know, The Lorax did keep the Seussian economy going for quite a long time.

Juhee you know, if you enjoyed about this book about taking care of the environment and want to read about other moral messages...read the sneetches!

message 5: by Shula (new)

Shula Did anyone else's high school econ class watch/read the Lorax for class?

Skylar Burris Econ? What, did you study it as a completely one-sided, incomplete presentation of how economic systems actually work? Or did you analyze it as an example of the Tradgedy of the Commons? Interesting article on that:

http://commonsblog.org/archives/00049...

Trent Sutton I LOVE this book!!!!!!!

Trent Sutton Favorite Dr. Seuss book ever.

Darrah Dr.Seuss=awesomeness

Kataury Aren't they making another dr. seuss movie about the lorax? Same animation thing they did with Horton hears a who or something?

message 11: by Viv (new) - rated it 5 stars

Viv JM This is my favourite Dr Seuss book!

05chris_m Dr. Seuss is an amazing author, and I still celibrate March 2nd as his birthday!!!!

Stephanie Kataury wrote: "Aren't they making another dr. seuss movie about the lorax? Same animation thing they did with Horton hears a who or something?"

I'm not sure if its the same animation company that did Horton, but I'm pretty sure it will be CGI. Did you ever see the old Lorax cartoon movie for TV?

When I was growing up my Grandpa used to read The Lorax to me anytime I was at his house, which was pretty often. I've considered getting a little Lorax as a tattoo because the book is so near and dear to my heart. :)

Tavia We learned the story of The Lorax sophomore year of high school- I loved it so much! Dr. Seuss is a timeless genius.

Julianna This one is my favorite as well. I honestly loved the trees for some reason. Out where I live we had green trees that looked just like the trees in Dr. Seuss books and we called them Lorax trees. I was very sad when they cut them down a few years back since they were the only trees I had ever seen like them.

Kressel Housman Skylar wrote: "Econ? What, did you study it as a completely one-sided, incomplete presentation of how economic systems actually work? Or did you analyze it as an example of the Tradgedy of the Commons? Interestin..."

Skylar, that link is dead. Unfortunate because it sounds like an interesting topic.

Toastluvr I hope the movie is going to be as good as the book!! The trailer looked great!

message 18: by Wind (new) - rated it 5 stars

Wind The Lorax is an awesome book!

message 19: by Re (new) - rated it 5 stars

Re Heubel In the news: The world’s largest trader of palm oil recently announced it will launch a No Deforestation, No Peat, No Exploitation policy, a broad environmental and social pact that features a commitment to no deforestation and free, prior informed consent when dealing with indigenous communities.