The Riyria Revelations discussion

Triumph Over Tragedy: an Anthology for the Victims of Hurricane Sandy
This topic is about Triumph Over Tragedy
Recent News > Fantasy Writers Helping Victims of Hurricane Sandy

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (last edited Nov 15, 2012 12:15AM) (new) - added it

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 347 comments Mod
I was recently approached by fellow goodreads author, R.T. Kaelin who wanted to do something to help out with the relief efforts for the victims of Hurricanne Sandy. He's putting together an anthology with short stories that demonstrate taking tragedy and turning it into Triumph. 100% of the proceeds will go to the Americal Red Cross. How could I possibly say no to that?

While he'll need some time to get all the author's contributions, he put up a crowd fundy page where you can donate either $7 or $50 now. You can find it here . I've added a story from Elan to the book, but this one has a new character - and a heroine no less. So no Royce and Hadrian but hopefully someone brand new you can fall in love with. Please consider picking up a copy...and please help to spread the word by putting the book on your shelves.

For those interested in knowing more about my entry, it's called "Traditions," and is based in the world of Elan (the setting for my Riyria Revelations series). It features a new never-before-seen heroine (so no Royce and Hadrian in this one). The idea came from Shirley Jackson's famous short story, "The Lottery" where the livelihood of a town is dependent on the sacrifice of one of their own. When Annie is selected, she takes matters into her own hands and dares to challenge the town's traditions in order to move to a new future, which is fraught with potential danger but also possess the possibility for new opportunities.

message 2: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 347 comments Mod
The Anthology is released. Here are the final details:

It's an anthology of 41 short stories that each author has donated work to, and every penny that it makes will go to The Red Cross to benefit victims of Hurricane Sandy. Also adding their considerable talents to the project are: Sarah Chorn, Bryan Thomas Schmidt, and Rob H. Bedford who joined R.T. in editing the stories, and Kevin Ward who contributed the cover artwork. It sells for just $6.99 and so for every copy sold The Red Cross will receive $4.89 and you'll get some great reads to boot! You can purchase the ebook at: Amazon | Barnes & Noble.

Here are the goodreads authors who have contributed:
Elizabeth Bear Mark Lawrence Robert Silverberg Michael A. Stackpole Michael J. Sullivan Marion Zimmer Bradley Jean Rabe Rick Novy R.T. Kaelin Ari Marmell Jaym Gates Adrian Tchaikovsky Vicki Johnson-Steger Maxwell Alexander Drake Alex Bledsoe Stephen D. Sullivan T.L. Gray Bryan Thomas Schmidt Donald J. Bingle Erik Scott de Bie C.S. Marks Tobias S. Buckell Bradley P. Beaulieu Steven Saus Gregory A. Wilson Alex Shvartsman Addie J. King Matt Bone Doris Stever Marian Allen Sarah Hans Rob Rogers Tim Marquitz Elisabeth Waters Janine Spendlove C.J. Henderson Philip Athans Tracy Chowdhury Bryan Young SM Blooding Timothy Zahn

Elizabeth Bear | Mark Lawrence | Robert Silverberg | Michael A. Stackpole | Michael J. Sullivan | Marion Zimmer Bradley | Jean Rabe | Rick Novy | R.T. Kaelin | Ari Marmell | Jaym Gates | Adrian Tchaikovsky | Vicki Johnson-Steger | Maxwell Alexander Drake | Alex Bledsoe | Stephen D. Sullivan | T.L. Gray | Bryan Thomas Schmidt | Donald J. Bingle | Erik Scott de Bie | C.S. Marks | Tobias S. Buckell | Bradley P. Beaulieu | Steven Saus | Gregory A. Wilson | Alex Shvartsman | Addie J. King | Matt Bone | Doris Stever | Marian Allen | Sarah Hans | Rob Rogers | Tim Marquitz | Elisabeth Waters | Janine Spendlove | C.J. Henderson | Philip Athans | Tracy Chowdhury | Bryan Young | SM Blooding | Timothy Zahn

A list of the stories includes
* Old Leatherwings by Elizabeth Bear
* Quick by Mark Lawrence
* The Pope of the Chimps by Robert Silverberg
* When You’re Dead… by Michael A. Stackpole
* Traditions by Michael J. Sullivan
* Death Between the Stars by Marion Zimmer Bradley
* Hell Matter by by Jean Rabe
* The Adjoa Gambit by by Rick Novy
* Hero by R.T. Kaelin
* Big Apple, Small Serpent by Ari Marmell
* I Am Made of Every Color by Jaym Gates