Jackie Collins Fans discussion

The Santangelo Novels

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ushlah (last edited Nov 14, 2012 08:05PM) (new)

Ushlah Aluthge | 41 comments Mod
Hey people have you ever read any of the Santangelo Novels:-

----The Santangelo Novels are a series of novels written by Jackie Collins. The novels focus on the Santangelo family, particularly Gino Santangelo, an Italian-American and former gangster, and his daughter Lucky - as the well as their rivalry with the Bonnatti and Kassari families. To date, there are seven novels in the Santangelo saga.----

Chances (Lucky Santangelo, #1) by Jackie Collins Lucky (Lucky Santangelo, #2) by Jackie Collins Lady Boss by Jackie Collins Vendetta Lucky's Revenge by Jackie Collins Dangerous Kiss (Lucky Santangelo, #5) by Jackie Collins Drop Dead Beautiful by Jackie Collins Goddess of Vengeance (Lucky Santangelo, #8) by Jackie Collins Poor Little Bitch Girl (Lucky Santangelo, #7) by Jackie Collins

All these novel are just superb .....& you cannot imagine how Jackie Collins could come up with great stories like these.....Please share your comments if you have read atleast one book...

message 2: by Lori (new)

Lori Crawford (loribethcrawford) | 1 comments Lucky Santangelo is one of my favorite characters of all time!! It's been a long time since I've read any of these books. I need to dig them out again.

message 3: by Hilary (new)

Hilary (bookboss) I have read the whole series, my favorite is Chances but I enjoy all of them. These characters feel like family after reading the whole series. I am so excited to hear that a new one is coming out.

message 4: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (Bookishbrooklyn) | 30 comments I love all of her novels - and Lucky tops the list of my favourite fictional women - I'm actually reading The Santangelo novels from the start once more - can't wait for Jackie Collins new book next month!

message 5: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (Bookishbrooklyn) | 30 comments Yes! I read it and loved it so much! I laughed & cried & cheered! Jackie did it again & it's another favourite book of mine! Easily recommend it :) you'll love it!

message 6: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (Bookishbrooklyn) | 30 comments I know right! I intended to re read the whole Lucky Santangelo series but I dived right in to The Santangelos! No regrets;)

message 7: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (Bookishbrooklyn) | 30 comments Oh awesome :)

Yeah, I'm ridiculously keen for her follow up book. I love "The Power Trip," I think Flynn is a great character & I know he features in said book.

I'm very much looking forward to her autobiography too :)

message 8: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (Bookishbrooklyn) | 30 comments Jackie's books are always a roller coaster ride :)

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy (TheNikitaGirl) | 13 comments 110% agreed with everything both of you, Carolyn and Brooklyn have said. I've been interested in reading the whole Santangelo series all over again for some time, even before talk of the new book was coming out. Now you both have made me even more excited to do so...it's so great to hear of fellow fans that loved her stuff as much as I did when I was young.
I also haven't read them since I was a teenager and just recently reread one of my favourites which was American Star. It wasn't as good as when I was younger but I still loved it anyway. Jackie's words and dialogues are always so fast paced and enjoyable. I hope I fall in love with Chances and Lucky all over again. Thanks for whipping my butt into gear to do just that and get back to them. You both have me stoked for this new book, The Santangelos! Xoxoxo

message 10: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (Bookishbrooklyn) | 30 comments Ah, American Star is fabulous! I'm looking to re read that in between the Lucky Santangelo re reads. I'm glad you're looking forward to re reading them & reading The Santangelos. It's a ride!

message 11: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (Bookishbrooklyn) | 30 comments I really hope that Jackie writes more novels about our favourite fictional family. While the end of the novel did tie everything together, it'll be great to read more about Lucky, Lennie, Max, Bobby & Gino Jr. I do really hope that Jackie will write more! In the Lucky Santangelo cookbook, she did say she planned on writing many more novels about Lucky & her family, so here's hoping!!

message 12: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (Bookishbrooklyn) | 30 comments 50s I think. :)

message 13: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (Bookishbrooklyn) | 30 comments I initially loved Denver's character, but I thought she was a bit much in "The Santangelos." It's a shame though. I thought her & Bobby were great together.

And as for Paige, I thought the same. She reminded me of Susan from "Lucky." Hated her character.

message 14: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Tayla (Bookishbrooklyn) | 30 comments I completely agree - I loved her in the early novels that she appeared in. It's a shame that couldn't continue in "The Santangelos". - she became such a snooty snob & seemed worlds apart from those other books. I agree though, she & Gino were great together.

Awesome, my next Jackie Collins read will be "Lady Boss," I'm finding it such fun re reading the Lucky novels. Then I'll probably re read "Lethal Seduction."