Dublin Bookworms discussion

Time to say hello!!!

Comments (showing 1-39 of 39) (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Orla (new)

Orla (orlathewitch) | 63 comments Mod
So guys introduce yourself and say something interesting!!! No pressure!!!

message 2: by Orla (new)

Nah you probably won't.

message 3: by Bernard (new)

Bernard (guyserious) | 26 comments Hi Guys!

I'm Bernard, and I like to read and write and generally have the banter. I can't promise to talk to any of you seriously if I meet you in person...

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Je m’appelle John and I’m part of the sub-culture of jugglers we have lurking in this noble assembly of readers.

I don’t believe I’ve met half of you but you all seem very nice and hopefully I will at some stage. Until then; hi! :)

message 5: by Orla (new)

Hey Bernard, hey John. good to see people getting involved, we're totally going to have to have a meetup involving chocolate when we finish the book....when I start it...

message 6: by Mark (new)

Mark Burns (TheFailedPhilosopher) | 1 comments Hi all! Just a guy from Dublin who reads a lot and takes nothing seriously.

message 7: by Bernard (new)

Bernard (guyserious) | 26 comments I think not taking things seriously might be a prerequisite for this group.

message 8: by Orla (new)

Ha well put Bernard.

message 9: by Bernard (new)

Bernard (guyserious) | 26 comments And maybe an interest in books too? Or is that optional?

message 10: by Dermo (new)

Dermo (DermoDrummer) | 12 comments Hi all. I've probably never met any of ye, seeing as I only moved here a few months ago and have spent a lot of that time shacked up in Terenure reading books. is that a bad thing?
Anyway yeah, hi there! :)

message 11: by Dave (new)

Dave | 5 comments Hello, I'm Dave. Currently hiding hungover in a library, occasionally pressing my face against a window to be soothed by cool glass. Good morning. *ack*

Shuhan [On Leave] (Inyourclosetinyourhead) hey1 i'm shuhan d great, age=12, bday=7th 11, currently reading=the memory keeper's daughter by kim edwards, just finished=da vinci code by dan brown! right...so what have i left out?

message 13: by Orla (new)

Welcome along!

Shuhan [On Leave] (Inyourclosetinyourhead) oh right...Love Transformers, Harry Potter, The Edelstein Trilogy, mainly love TRANSFORMERS!

Shuhan [On Leave] (Inyourclosetinyourhead) hi cathy! great to chat to people who actually know your time! haha.

Shuhan [On Leave] (Inyourclosetinyourhead) it was good but not the best. glad to know a GIRL that doesnt think im weird for loving transformers and being a transformers geek! im a girl too and i lllooovvveee transformers. lucky you havr a tshirt with transformers on it.

Shuhan [On Leave] (Inyourclosetinyourhead) you know its weird to know that since this group is all people from dublin, you might walk past someone on parnells street without noticing! :-) where are you in dublin? of course not being stalkerish. im not asking for streets, estates or door numbers just like what town or dublin what.

Shuhan [On Leave] (Inyourclosetinyourhead) oh south. dublin18 cabinteely

Shuhan [On Leave] (Inyourclosetinyourhead) gnight!

message 20: by Orla (new)

Yay! Welcome along Cathy! Good to see people are chatting. How do people feel about a coffee on Friday to discuss Anassi Boys and probably many many off topics.

Shuhan [On Leave] (Inyourclosetinyourhead) where? i havent started group reads yet you see.

Shuhan [On Leave] (Inyourclosetinyourhead) so where is it? have to see if its far away. im 12. if in small cafe in cabinteely or smething might in slightest go if allowed.

message 23: by Orla (new)

Hey, so I've been a very sloppy admin the last two months. We were meant to be reading Anasi Boys by Neil Gaiman and meeting up to discuss it in a cafe in Dublin city centre (the city centre is fairest as people are coming from many different directions) but the time and day are still up for discussion.

Shuhan [On Leave] (Inyourclosetinyourhead) i wont bw going. so you know.

message 25: by Maebh (new)

Maebh | 20 comments Is Saturday any good? I can do Friday if that suits people more but Saturday would be better for me anyway :)

message 26: by Orla (new)

Ok maybe next Saturday?

message 27: by Maebh (new)

Maebh | 20 comments The 30th? Or next Saturday? What time suits? Hopefully not too early, :p

message 28: by Orla (new)

Saturday 6th I think; around two?

message 29: by Bernard (new)

Bernard (guyserious) | 26 comments Yeah I should be able to make that one guys!

message 30: by Maebh (new)

Maebh | 20 comments That's grand then, just making sure so I didn't go in tomorrow :) See you then!

message 31: by JaneymacD (new)

JaneymacD Hello all, I'm Jane. I mainly read Sci-Fi and Fantasy, but I have been known to dip my toe into other genres if something grabs me. I love your book picks so far, The Magicians is on my To Read list at the moment, so I think I'll give that one a go next and will hopefully finish it up in time :)

Shuhan [On Leave] (Inyourclosetinyourhead) hi!

message 33: by Hattie (new)

Hattie | 1 comments Evening folks! I'm Hattie, I work in a bookshop and tend to just read whatever shows up in our secondhand section, and I want to work in literary translation :)

message 34: by Orla (new)

Hello Jane and Hattie,

good to see some new faces. Hopefully people have gotten started with the Magicians (ok I haven't but never mind me) and with any luck we'll be able to schedule another meet-up to discuss it sometime before the end of May. (Probably between the 19th-30th)

message 35: by Anna (new)

Anna (JustAnna) | 2 comments Hi all, just found this group and like the look of what been chosen as the group reads so far.

I'm living in Dublin but I'm not from Dublin - will I be evicted now? :)

message 36: by Orla (new)

No we're pretty easy going on that, so long as you're not mean to people you won't be evicted.

message 37: by Anna (new)

Anna (JustAnna) | 2 comments No plans in being mean!

Shuhan [On Leave] (Inyourclosetinyourhead) Hiya'll!

message 39: by Aneta (new)

Aneta | 3 comments Hello Everyone

I would like to invite you to visit my blog where I review books. Hope you will enjoy the reading.

https://anopenbookbyaneta.wordpress.com

All the best
Aneta