Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Charmed (The Charmed, #1)
This topic is about Charmed
Issues with Quotes > Editing Quotes

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5524 comments Lindy wrote: "I added a quote from my book Charmed. It looks like this "Lindy Zart Charmed", instead of my name PLUS the book...it's all one word. Can this be fixed? Please and thank you."

Done

message 2: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl http://www.goodreads.com/author/quote...

Author combined with book.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 2439 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "http://www.goodreads.com/author/quote...

Author combined with book."

Fixed

message 4: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Fortune (OliviaFortune) | 3 comments Forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong section for this, but I'm new to the Goodreads world. Anyhoo, my problem is quite simple. I've added a quote to my own book page, however when I entered it, I accidently added the title of the novel at the beginning of the quote: *Long Live the Knife*.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16...

Despite being my own book & having librarian status, Goodreads is not allowing me to change it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) | 2 comments Working on...

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 32700 comments Mod
Fixed.

(And FYI, you have GR Author status, not librarian status. Authors have limited librarian abilities for their own books.)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) | 2 comments When I try to edit, it's showing that someone already corrected. Looking on book page, quote still shows incorrect wording.

message 8: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Fortune (OliviaFortune) | 3 comments Thanks so much! And, oh, I see. That's rather odd, as I did apply for librarian status awhile back & I received a message saying that I had been accepted. Perhaps it was only accepted on terms of authorship. Anyway, thank you!

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Debbie R. wrote: "Looking on book page, quote still shows incorrect wording."

Caching issue. Should update in a day or two.

message 10: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Fortune (OliviaFortune) | 3 comments @Debbie R., thanks for your help as well, I do believe you're right though. The quote shows as being corrected on my author page, but not on the book page. Not quite sure why. But it's not a huge problem, maybe the page will update itself in a few days? Thanks, again!

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) | 2 comments I think you are right. On one thread I saw someone told to wait 72 hours for full update; but I lost track of what feature/page took that long.

message 12: by Jonathon (new)

Jonathon Kane (goodreadscomjonathonkane) | 3 comments I accidentally added a quote to my author profile with an erroneous word - illicit. I tried to delete it, but it still seems to be there... and I accidentally liked it. Can anyone get rid of it for me please? I'm Jonathon Kane, author of Corpse Days. Thanks in advance.

message 13: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Jonathon wrote: "I accidentally added a quote to my author profile with an erroneous word - illicit. I tried to delete it, but it still seems to be there... and I accidentally liked it. Can anyone get rid of it f..."

Merged into the correct version.