Tipsy Lit Writers discussion

Steven Manchester
This topic is about Steven Manchester
archives > Potential book!

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ericka (new)

Ericka Clay (erickaclay) | 224 comments Mod
Just wanted to let everyone know I was contacted by author Steven Manchester about our group reading his new book, Twelve Months. I told him I'd add it to our potential book list and if we voted to read it, I'd contact him. I'll be adding it to the books we vote on for December 7th after we discuss The Blind Assassin. Thought it was pretty exciting we were already contacted about reviewing a new book!

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 4 comments That's fantastic! If you're the next Oprah, can I be your Gayle? I would totally carry your coat and do latte runs!!

message 3: by Ericka (new)

Barbara wrote: "That's fantastic! If you're the next Oprah, can I be your Gayle? I would totally carry your coat and do latte runs!!"

As long as you don't mind me randomly giving cars away to people then we should be all set!

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 4 comments Yes, I think your fans would expect nothing less. As long as you let me bask in your awesomeness and we get to wear matching pinky rings (and I get to carry your coat).

message 5: by Tara (new)

Tara S (sparksmcgee) Exciting!

message 6: by Tilley (new)

Tilley (TilleyC) | 8 comments How exciting! I wonder if we could get a wine sponsor.... ;)

message 7: by Ericka (new)

Preshus wrote: "How exciting! I wonder if we could get a wine sponsor.... ;)"

Oh I like the way you think!

message 8: by Tara (new)

Tara S (sparksmcgee) Preshus wrote: "How exciting! I wonder if we could get a wine sponsor.... ;)"

Oh goodness, you just made me realize why my pace has started to flag in the middle of Blind Assassin! I need Scotch, to feel more literary.

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura My first thought was what does it say about the author that we wants an admitted Tipsy bookclub reading his book? Interesting...

I finally started the Blind Assassin last night. I'm liking it so far. I ended up learning how to download electronic books from the library to my Nook specifically for this book club. This was a huge leap in technology for me that involved three attempts on my own, a trip to the library tech due and finally intervention by my husband. But I did it and I can't wait until next week.

message 10: by Ericka (new)

Laura wrote: "My first thought was what does it say about the author that we wants an admitted Tipsy bookclub reading his book? Interesting...

I finally started the Blind Assassin last night. I'm liking it so..."

Congrats Laura!! I usually just jump up and down and punch my fist through a window when I can't figure things out, but you're way of doing thing is also viable. And I know, although I can't blame him. I prefer that people are drunk when they read me, too!

message 11: by Ericka (new)

Tara wrote: "Preshus wrote: "How exciting! I wonder if we could get a wine sponsor.... ;)"

Oh goodness, you just made me realize why my pace has started to flag in the middle of Blind Assassin! I need Scotch, ..."

Check your mailbox.