Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

I prefer my Nook Simple Touch over "Real" Books

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tee27 (new)

Tee27 I never thought I'd switch over to the e-reader side, but I just love my Simple Touch! I used to always say I like the feel and smell of actual books, which I still do, but now I just have to read on my Nook, which allows me to easily read in the dark and to lug my books around. Can anyone relate? (I still love tangible books, by the way!)

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy (AmyBF) I love my Simple Touch, but I also love "real" books. I tend to use the Nook primarily when I'm traveling or when I'm reading a hefty tome with lots of pages.

message 3: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine (JJElizalde) I love both. I carry my Nook with me in my purse. Always.

message 4: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

willaful | 414 comments Mod
I occasionally get the urge to read a print book, and they're useful for anything I want to skim, but generally I prefer ebook if I can get it. Of the last 47 books I've read, 2 were audio, and 12 were print.

message 5: by Marylene (new)

Marylene | 41 comments I think I still prefer paper/print books, but I love the option of having both. I love to take the nook (I have the color nook) to my daughter's games for in between games in tournaments or to restaurants if I'm done eating first or to the movie theater if I get there early...etc., but I love the feel of real books and can't resist buying real books.

message 6: by Jean (new)

Jean French (jfrench55) | 82 comments I love the feel of real books and browsing through bookstores. My daughter has a Nook ST and I have the glow but we still go to the Barnes & Noble store to browse. We often bring one of the Nooks and after we've looked at the "real" books, we'll purchase it right there on the Nook. She's in college and has to lug around text books so she likes being able to have all of her pleasure reading books in a nice little package. The main reason I prefer the Nook is because I can increase the font. I hate paper books with a teeny tiny font.

message 7: by Donna (new)

Donna | 126 comments I take my nook every where really enjoy it. I still like holding a book

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mgauffant) | 86 comments I love real books; there is a real beauty in owning your favorite treasures.
However, I'm with you. I will first look for it on my nook first, either by borrowing it from the library or purchase.
I'll only buy now if I really love a book, then I'll get the actual hardback.
Also, I'm not opposed to borrowing real books if my library doesn't have the ebook version.
I'm actually reading a real book now, and I must say, I missed it just a bit!!

message 9: by Maegan (new)

Maegan (maeganb) | 147 comments I used to say that I preferred the feel of a "real" book in my hands and would never get an eReader. Then I got my Nook Color a few years ago. I liked it so much! Then the ST with GlowLight came out, and I got that. (I sold my Nook Color.) Now I prefer the eReader so much that I have "real" books that I haven't read just sitting on the shelf waiting to be read.

message 10: by Jean (new)

Jean French (jfrench55) | 82 comments Maegan wrote: "I used to say that I preferred the feel of a "real" book in my hands and would never get an eReader. Then I got my Nook Color a few years ago. I liked it so much! Then the ST with GlowLight came..."

I love to browse real books at a bookstore or library, but prefer to read on my Nook. It's lighter and I can increase the font.

message 11: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) | 80 comments I love both. I primarily read on my Nook which goes everywhere with me. At night I read a paperback, cause my cat has the attendancy to lay on my Nook. There are authors I just have to have in paperback.

message 12: by Shamz (new)

Shamz (SugarrySweett) | 2 comments OMG i love love love my nook simple touch!! I know exactly what you are talking about, at first i was like I'll never convert and i hate e-readers and blah blah blah etc etc etc. Then my brother bought himself a kindle fire and i downloaded a couple of books thinking "hey i'll try it" and i didn't like the whole LCD screen and after a while my eyes hurt so i was like "okay back to print books". Then for my birthday my brother bought me the nook simple touch and i instantly feel in love!! not only is in compact but i love that i can have like a dozen books on it at the same time especially if like i'm going on vacation and i just want to download many at one time and not worry about what i left at home.
Now don't get me wrong ... i still buy books but usually its because i wanna keep it in hard cover on my shelf or give as gifts or recommendations. I now prefer reading on my nook.

message 13: by Donna (new)

Donna | 126 comments I do both books and nook. I have a simple touch w/light. I have over 1500 books and I keep adding to the authors I have all the their books. On my nook I add new authors and books recommend. On my nook I have over 700 books and I have a large lending library. I hope you enjoy your nooks, which ever one you own. Good luck.

message 14: by Shelly (new)

Shelly Mae | 7 comments I was so happy that I have new nook with glowlight. It is affordable and portable around than iPad 2. It is big and heavy for me to hold wheni was lay down on bed. My arms were sore to hold. Nook, wow! Very light and small. No regret about it!!!!