Bookworms discussion

Trivia!! > Sun Signs- Virgo Man!

Comments (showing 1-26 of 26) (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Neena (new)

Neena (I-am-addicted-to-reading) | 9758 comments Mod
This one is also from Linda Goodman's book.

We may as well get this out into the open right away. Don't pin your hopes on a Virgo man if your heart is hungry for romantic dreams and fairy tales, or you'll find yourself on a starvation diet. A love affair with a Virgo will dump a warm sentimentalist on the cold ground with a hard thud, and it can hurt.
This man lives almost entirely on a practical, material level, and he has little use for the abstractions of storybook romance. He's not the type to serenade you beneath your boudoir window. You'll have a long, lonely wait on your moonlit balcony until he starts climbing the rose trellis (or the fire escape, if you live in a walk-up).
Actually, Virgos are deeply involved with love from earliest childhood, but not the Romeo-Juliet kind of love. His chief way of expressing the word is concerned with unselfish devotion to family, friends and those weaker or more disorganized than himself. He was born with an instinctive love of work, love of duty and discipline and devotion to the helpless. Even the unevolved Virgo, ,who doesn't quite reach such heights, feels slightly guilty that he isn't living up to a selfless ideal in some way.
The kind of love which displays itself in dramatic emotions, sentimental promises, tearful declarations and mushy affection, not only leaves a Virgo man cold, it can frighten him into catching the nearest bus or train out of town. (Planes are too fast and too expensive for him, unless he's really desperate.) But he can be melted if the temperature is just right, even though he seems to be made of a combination of steel and ice. There are definitely ways to the Virgo heart. Secret ways. Aggressive pursuit is not one of them. Neither is coquetry nor sexuality, as many a flirtatious vamp and slinky siren has learned, to her surprise and disappointment.
Virgos seek quality rather than quantity in romance. Since quality is at pretty much of a premium in any category, they have few real love affairs, and the few they do have are destined to be unlucky or sad in some way, more often than not. Virgo's reaction to such a disappointment is normally to bury himself in the hardest work he can find, stay away from society in general, and be twice as cautious at the next opportunity. You can see that you'll have to use considerable strategy and patience. The basic Virginian instinct is chastity, and he's turned from it only for a good cause or for a mighty good woman
Although he's never obvious, Virgo can be a master of the art of subtle seductionThe Virgo man is a blend of sharp intellect and solid earth. He can be detached enough to break lots of hearts with a cool kind of flirting, but his critical analytical sense and his fastidious discrimination seldom allow these frequent excursions to leave the platonic arena. It has to burn with a white heat to produce real passion in a Virgo. His modesty and selectivity alone prevent undue promiscuity. Of course, there may be an occasional fall into an earthy, physical experience, but such indiscretions are the exception, rather than the rule. The rule is aloof interest. He'll take his own precious time about finding a love object, because he's as critical and painstaking in the selection of a woman as he is in his eating, grooming, health [and work habits. Don't try to fool him or lie to him. He wants a decent, honest (and genuine relationship. He knows very well how small |his chances are of finding it, but it's useless to expect him |to accept anything less. If circumstances ever do involve |him in a sordid affair, you can be certain he won't remain |in its clutches for long.
| He is a difficult man to stir emotionally. He can go for |a long time without feeling any burning need for a permanent mate. It's enough to make you cry if you've set your | cap for him. You'll wonder if he's made of marble or if he |was born without a heart. No, he isn't made of marble |and yes, he does have a heart. Be patient. To her who (waits comes eventual success.
| Now and then a curious, frustrated Virgo may try a | fling at deliberate promiscuous behaviour, simply to see if |he's lacking in masculinity. He's not, of course, and as | soon as he discovers it, he seeks no more artificial experiences to prove himself. No cool, clear and collected Virgo can be immune to the call of human nature forever, but once he does succumb, he’ll be shy about admitting it. When he's on the threshold of submission, he'll cover his true feelings with elaborate casualness. There is more than a spark of subdued, but extremely refined acting talent in Virgo. He will pretend to be disinterested as cleverly as he pretends to be ill when he's not enjoying himself at a party. Don't expect him to respond with any great display of ecstatic surrender even after he's committed, and while he's still deciding if you're really the one for whom he'll forsake his single state, he'll play it mighty cool, indeed.
Once he's decided it's for real, however, he'll declare himself with touching simplicity. His love will burn with a steady flame, never fluctuating like the love of other Sun signs, and it will give warmth over the years with wonderful dependability. Is that so bad? The one quality of fairy tale romance about Virgo is that, if he's genuinely in love, he will wait for years to claim his true mate, or travel over a thousand mountains to bring her home to his hearth. He's capable of enormous sacrifice in the pursuit of that one dainty foot he's discovered will fit the glass slipper. There's no denying that the flame is strong, once it's been kindled. It's almost impossible to extinguish it. You'll be as eternally adored as Cinderella herself.
After you've caught him, hell seldom if ever invite your jealousy, and he'll be determined to overcome any rough spots caused by financial problems, relatives or outside interference. He'll show incredible strength through emotional and material hardships, as long as you remain by his side. You couldn't ask for a more tender, gentle companion when your heart is broken for any reason by a cruel world or when you're physically ill. He won't shower you with money, but you'll be well supplied with necessities, and he will shower you with consideration.
He has a crystal clear memory and probably won't forget special dates, though he may be a bit mystified as to why you think they are so important. He won't be wildly, passionately jealous, yet Virgo males are possessive in the extreme. This sounds like a fine line to draw, but it's important. The wife of a Virgo who wanders too far away from the home fires too often may find herself without a husband to return to. Virgos are utterly loyal and they dislike destroying family ties intensely, but when their sense of decency has been finally outraged they won't hesitate to make a cold, clean break in the divorce court. No messy, complicated trial separations for them. When it's over, it's over. Goodbye and good luck. Even the Virgo's sharp, unusually excellent memory won't cause him to cry sentimental tears over the past, simply because he's able to discipline his memory as firmly as he does his emotions.
If your heart is set on a Virgo man, you'd better brush up your thinking cap and wear it when he's around. Virgos hate ignorance, stupidity and sloppy thinking almost as much as they hate dirt and vulgarity, and that's a lot. The girl who snares the Virgo heart had better be smartly dressed with a sizable brain under her neat hair style-and you'll notice I said neat hair style. Virgos look for women who are clean in body and mind, and who dress well, but not in flashy extremes of fashion.
You won't have to be Julia Child, but for goodness sakes, don't ever be naive enough to think a Virgo husband will let you feed him out of cans. A pleasure-seeking, selfish, mentally lazy woman will never make it with a Virgo male, even if she's fairly oozing with sex appeal. This is the very last man in the world you can expect to find running off with a topless Go-Go girl, though he might loan her his sweater if she's chilly. When it comes right down to the nitty gritty, he's looking for a wife-not a mistress in any sense of the word.
He may have his cranky and moody spells now and then, perhaps even frequently. But one thing is sure. If you leave him alone, he won't go out of his way to start an argument with you. Just let him get over his grumpiness and he'll surprise you with tenderness to make up for it. Let him worry. It's good for him, sort of a Virgo mental exercise. But when you see it's affecting his physical state, snap him out of it by suggesting something interesting or different to do. It isn't hard to catch the mental attention of a Virgo, though it may be hard to keep it.
Now that you know what you're in for, if you're still in love with that Virgo man, you can look forward io a pretty contented future. You'll have a husband who's alert and well-informed, who won't expect you to wait on him hand and foot or expect you to run around looking sexy all the time with a dab of perfume behind each ear and a rose in your teeth.
He’ll be reliable and pleasant, if you're tactful about his faults. He won't have many of them anyway-unless you call the way he runs his finger across the furniture every night, looking for dust, a fault. Little habits like that. No matter what he does, try not to nag him. Remember, he's not constituted to be able to take the critical analysis he applies to others. Get used to his habit of criticizing you, and laugh it off with the realization that he can't help being such a sensitive hairsplitter. Once that resentment is out of the way, you can relax, and really enjoy your bright, loyal Virgo. He's not an angel. There are no wings sprouting on his shoulders. But lots of wives will be jealous of you.
After all, how many women are married to a hardworking, handsome man who's neat and tidy around the house, performs miracles with the checkbook? How many wives have a smart husband who dresses well, seldom goes out with the boys or makes passes at other women, and is usually gentle and considerate? Look closely again. Is that just the reflection of the street lights around his head, or could it be . . . ? No, it couldn't possibly be a halo. Not after the way he snapped at you when you spilled the buttered popcorn in his lap at the theater tonight. Of course not. That cranky character? Still, there is a kind of an aura. And when he smiles-and you can see yourself in his clear eyes-well, he'll do until someone with real wings comes along.

message 2: by Neena (new)

@Saurabh this one is yours.....tell me how much you agree

message 3: by Neena (last edited Nov 13, 2012 09:23PM) (new)

Now you being too serious just like a true virgo:) I perfectly understand no two people can be alike. But it's so much fun to read all this. There are many things about my sun sign too that are not true like being too flighty and dreamy etc. I'm totally opposite there but I read all this in lighter sense.

message 4: by Neena (new)

No way....that's silly really....I mean who can see future really?

message 5: by Neena (new)

@Saurabh tell me one thing...you really thought I believed in future forcast?

message 6: by Neena (new)

:)

message 7: by Sharan (last edited Nov 15, 2012 01:26AM) (new)

Sharan (SharanMangalore) | 162 comments @Neena... Well it does describe my nature to the dot!! especially "He will pretend to be disinterested as cleverly as he pretends to be ill when he's not enjoying himself at a party"

message 8: by Rahul Nath (new)

Rahul Nath (cultofpersonality) | 2406 comments I am a Virgo man.......will read the whole thing now and make comparisons :D

" hate ignorance, stupidity and sloppy thinking" +1

"This man lives almost entirely on a practical, material level, and he has little use for the abstractions of storybook romance" +1

"is a blend of sharp intellect and solid earth. He can be detached enough to break lots of hearts with a cool kind of flirting, but his critical analytical sense and his fastidious discrimination seldom allow these frequent excursions to leave the platonic arena" +10 :D :D

"He has a crystal clear memory and probably won't forget special dates, though he may be a bit mystified as to why you think they are so important" +1 :P

"He’ll be reliable and pleasant, if you're tactful about his faults. He won't have many of them anyway-unless you call the way he runs his finger across the furniture every night, looking for dust, a fault. Little habits like that" -1

message 9: by Neena (new)

Wow lots of virgo here.....My own experience tells me they are good husbands...I hope women in your life feel same too:)

message 10: by Neena (new)

Saurabh wrote: "Neena wrote: "Wow lots of virgo here.....My own experience tells me they are good husbands...I hope women in your life feel same too:)"

Yes..they do, but they don't know how wrong they are:P"

Who Saurabh? you mean guys themselves or women in their life?

message 11: by Neena (last edited Nov 15, 2012 11:49AM) (new)

Saurabh wrote: "I mean the women:D"

Lol Saurabh I'm sure the right woman(the one for you turely) ll feel it when the time comes. You know virgo guys are not emotionally deficient when it comes to casual affairs(they do have lots mark my words) but once they are committed and settled, they become their real self. I would rather have a man who gives me compliment once in may be two weeks only but he really means what he says rather than having one who showers me with all kind of romantic gestures and compliments every day but he never means a thing really. Well all virgos are not alike but few basic things are usually common.

message 12: by Neena (new)

But I can see why you are always in trouble with your gf now:D poor girl!

message 13: by Neena (new)

I'm always on right side Saurabh. I can imagine what all she has to go through. Though aries woman have fiery temper and I can imagine what you have to go through too:P

message 14: by Neena (new)

Rahul wrote: "I am a Virgo man.......will read the whole thing now and make comparisons :D

" hate ignorance, stupidity and sloppy thinking" +1

"This man lives almost entirely on a practical, material level, an..."

Rahul I like your + and - points....I can see you had fun reading all this:)

message 15: by Neena (new)

Just a guess Saurabh....I know lots of Aries girls in real life and fiery temper is common among them so made a guess:)

message 16: by Rahul Nath (new)

Rahul Nath (cultofpersonality) | 2406 comments Yeah, I read horoscopes sometimes just for fun. And comparing my real self with the usual traits of a Virgo man is always interesting :D

I read somewhere that a Virgo man should never go for a Virgo woman and Taurus and Scorpio girls are the best suited for us :P

message 17: by Neena (new)

@Rahul well I really don't know about that. I'm a gemini and they say virgo and gemini is not a good match in long run but we are very content. I think happiness in any relationship depends on each partner's maturity, mutual understanding between them and acceptence of each other despite all faults.

message 18: by Julie (new)

Julie | 1 comments How does a cancerian woman fare with a virgo?

message 19: by Gayatri (new)

Gayatri | 120 comments Pls post about Virgo woman

message 20: by Chemist3 (new)

Chemist3 | 1 comments "He may have his cranky and moody spells now and then, perhaps even frequently. But one thing is sure. If you leave him alone, he won't go out of his way to start an argument with you. Just let him get over his grumpiness and he'll surprise you with tenderness to make up for it. Let him worry. It's good for him, sort of a Virgo mental exercise. But when you see it's affecting his physical state, snap him out of it by suggesting something interesting or different to do. It isn't hard to catch the mental attention of a Virgo, though it may be hard to keep it"

'But when you see it's affecting his physical state, snap him out of it..'
what exactly does physical state mean?

message 21: by Neena (new)

Chemist3 wrote: "I'm sorry that this may not be an appropriate place to post this. But I really need some help/advice esp from virgo guys or ppl who know about virgo guys.
I have read many thread on virgo man. The..."

First of all please don't mind when I say I found it hilarious seeing your post like this here:P Not my fault though. Your post made this thread look like newspapers' agony aunt columns:P:D

I'm no expert in astrogy signs. I have posted all this stuff from internet just for fun. I like to read about it but I don't essentially believe in it:)

To your inquiry, virgo or no virgo, I would tell you one thing about this guy or rather guys in general; from all his behaviour, he is giving you clear signal of not interested anymore. Forget him and move forward!!!! and please don't post these kinds of things again in any of thread in this group.

message 22: by Pratik (new)

Pratik | 5 comments hi guys n girls 1 more virgi here :)

message 23: by Pratik (new)

Pratik | 5 comments hi guys n girls 1 more virgi here :)

message 24: by Vasavi (new)

Vasavi | 78 comments hi.. can any one give info on Virgo Woman?

message 25: by Neena (new)

Vasavi wrote: "hi.. can any one give info on Virgo Woman?"

Done Vasavi:)

message 26: by Vasavi (new)

Vasavi | 78 comments Neena wrote: "Vasavi wrote: "hi.. can any one give info on Virgo Woman?"

Done Vasavi:)"

Thanks Neena :)