The Dangerous Lands discussion

The City > City Streets >Center

Comments (showing 1-43 of 43) (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) Arlis leaned in a shadowed alcove in the street, idly running her fingers up and down her bow, her blue eyes scanning the streets.

message 3: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (ChloeMai) Amalia's feet echoed on the cobblestoned floor as she stepped through the surpisingly relativly empty center of the city. She carelessly brushed a golden lock of hair from her face, her scars painfully visible whilst basking in the midday sun. Her wide, multicolured gaze studied the area surrounding her.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) A grin lifted the corner of Arlis's mouth as she saw the girl walking down the street.
"Hello there," she whispered to herself, setting an arrow to the string and pulling the bow back, taut against her jaw as she stepped out in front of the girl.

message 5: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (ChloeMai) Amalia, as ever, remained like a statue. Her facial features didnt shift in the slightest, if anything it looked as if she had been expecting the sudden intrusion on her thoughts. With the carelessness only a professional could master, she flicked her wrist, a powder with a purple hue emiting from the sleeve of her cloak. The potion was quick to engulf the girl in its dense violet colour. A sleeping powder made for the exact situation Amalia was in now. The attacker would be passed out on the floor in a matter of moments.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) Arlis coughed, and dropped her bow, pulling her scarf up around her face to protect herself from the powder, and dashed out of the cloud.
Her vision swayed, and she sagged against the wall, looking at the girl with new respect, her eyes narrowed slits.
"Nice try," she mumbled, as the powder dissipated.

message 7: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (ChloeMai) Amalia nodded regally, a clear sign that she wasnt a commoner off the streets. Without a seconds hesitation her hand lowered to the ground and she swept up the bow. She herself was immune to the potions she crafted, but they worked on others well. She scanned over the bow, before she raised her look toward the girl again.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "That's mine," Arlis said, and then coughed, raising herself up, bracing on the wall, and glared at the girl, "Only I touch my bow."
All effects of the powder was gone now, except a slight tingle in her limbs.
"Quite powerful stuff you got there," she said, raising any eyebrow, but still keeping her scarf up, just in case.

message 9: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (ChloeMai) "Yes. I suppose if your weak enough for it to have an effect." Again, even her voice was regal. She held herself with a good posture, like that of royalty. Her gaze flickered across the bow again and the thought to simply break the object within her hands flicked across her mind, yet she restrained herself from doing so.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "I didn't pass out, did I?" Arlis snapped, feeling her strength coming back, "Now give me my bow back!" Her hands closed around the hilt of a dagger stuck in her belt.

message 11: by wanderer (last edited Nov 17, 2012 12:30PM) (new)

wanderer (ChloeMai) "Uh uh uh." Amalia stated, wiggling her index finger back and fourth whilst her other hand still gripped into the bow.
"I wouldn't do that is I were you. That powder was just a small taster. I have a much stronger one that can withstand any scarf of yours, so I suggest that you remove you hand from that vile piece of weaponry this instant. Otherwise you will most probably be face down on the floor in a matter of moments."
She was calm. So very calm. Almost like an untouchable person.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "Alright," Arlis held her hands up, "Can you just give me my bow? I'll leave after that."
She meant every word. This girl wasn't one to be messed with she could tell.

message 13: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (ChloeMai) Regarding her for a moment longer, Amalia begrudgingly handed her back the bow, movements filled with grace and regality. She knew for a fact that nobody would think her to be of the Merfolk, purely because she was such a large distance away from the ocean. It was a know fact that is Merfolk stayed away from the sea for too long, they were at risk of becoming crazed and could develop mental issues.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "Thank you," Arlis slung the bow across her back, and then regarding the girl.
"Who are you?" she asked curiously.

message 15: by wanderer (last edited Nov 18, 2012 10:16AM) (new)

wanderer (ChloeMai) "Amalia." She replied simply with a bow of her head, her eyes unblinking. Her cloak shadowed her face slightly, hiding her multicoloured eyes from any form of life. Just as she wished it to be.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "I'm Arlis," she replied, and then nodded slightly at her, "Thank you again for returning my bow," and then she disappeared into a side street.

message 17: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (ChloeMai) With a roll of her eyes, Amalia continued to drift along the path, the hem of her cloak threatening to fray as it hovered above the ground. What a strange creature... She mused. Humans always fasinated her, their complex and diverse ways so different from her own.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) Up on a roof, Arlis watched the strange girl continuing deeper into the city.
"Strange," she muttered to herself, and started to follow her on the rooftops, being extra cautious to not make any noise. She didn't like the looks of this person.

message 19: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (ChloeMai) Seeing as the center was strangley empty, Amalia lowered her hood, her eyes now clearly visible in the daylight. By her looks alone she it was clear she wasnt human, and certainly was royalty of such. She brushed another golden lock from her face, pursing her naturally red lips and her gaze scanned the area and she came to a halt.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) On the rooftops, Arlis sucked in her breath. This girl wasn't human, that was sure. And she was beautiful!
Slowly, she inched forward onto her stomach, the hard tiles digging into her belly, being careful to make sure her profile was discernible from the skyline.

message 21: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (ChloeMai) Amalia's inqisitive eye narrowed slightly, feeling herself being watched. Still her face was still and calm, unflickering as her cloak billowed out and she turned on her heel. A hand grasped a hold of her shoulder, whipping her back around again and pinning her against the wall.
"Hello Princess.." The voice said, scowl audiable in the merman's voice. A scout. They had sent a scout after her. With a roll of her eyes she met the mans gaze.
"Hello Darnious."

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) Arlis raised an eyebrow as another hooded person grabbed the girl and pinned her against a wall.
"Oh no you don't," she whispered, sitting up and drawing an arrow out of her quiver and setting it to her string.
She let it fly, and already had another on the string as it struck the wall a few inches away from the girl, exactly where she had wanted it to go.

message 23: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (ChloeMai) "Looks as if somebody has my back. Kind of like you did before you turned into a scout." Amalia hissed, her glare hard and icy. Darnious paled slightly.
"Come on Leigh, you know it wasnt lik-" She cut him off.
"No D, I dont want to hear your excuses." His green eyes gazed at her intently.
"Please dont be like this." His tone was begging now. He absoloutley hated the fact that he of all people were being forced to do this.
"The only way I would possibly forgive you if you were to let me go this instant, and dont make me return to the kingdom." She uttered, drawing out each word. Without hesitating Darnious released her. And his eyes widened in suprise when she flung her arms around his neck, although he gladly accepted the hug. They had used to be as close as brother and sister, and were even related by blood, him being her cousin.
"I missed you.." She muttered, this had been the first type of emotion she had shown in a long time.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) ((So of course you know you have to make his charrie, right? XD))

Arlis smiled as the man looked startled, and then frowned in confusion as the girl hugged him.
"What is going on?" she mused, and stood up, her bow drawn back, and her cloak fluttering a little in the wind.
"Tell me if you like him or not, so either I put this arrow away, or stick it in his heart," she said to the girl. She didn't know why she was sticking up for her, but she never liked seeing girls being attacked.

message 25: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (ChloeMai) ((Yup xD Might take a while :3))

Amalia pulled away from the hug, eyes now studying the girl.
"He's ok..I think. Keep the arrows though, might need them for later." She said, glancing at Darnious yet again, whom just gave her a somewhat guilty half hearted shrug.
"And thank you for offering to stick one in his heart." She said with a thankful nod, not in the least suprised that the girl from earlier, Arlis, had been following her.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) ((Np lol but I'm gonna ask you to make him soon...cause technically you can't be RPing in here without a charrie Xp))

"Not a problem," Arlis replied, replacing the arrow into her quiver, slinging her bow across her back once more, and then sliding down a pipe to the street level.
She walked up the man and eyed him.
"So who are you?" she asked.

message 27: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (ChloeMai) ((Ok, I'll post a pic of him and everything and then throughout whatever spare time I have I'll add more info))

Darnious opened his mouth, about to reply sarcastically in his oh-so royal voice, but instead Amalia placed a hand on his chest.
"This is my cousin, Darnious. Darnious this is Arlis. Both of you play nice."
She said the last part in an exasperated tone, almost like one used on young children.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) ((Alrighty ;))

"I don't play," Arlis said, raising an eyebrow, and then looked at the two of them, "And you creatures are??"

message 29: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (ChloeMai) "We are not creatures." Darnious said sternly, narrowing his eyes.
"We are just as civil as you. In my mind, creatures implys that we are some kind of animal."
"D! I said to be nice." Amalia groaned, looking up at him.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "I meant creatures as in not human," Arlis said, narrowing her eyes at Darnious.

message 31: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (ChloeMai) "Merfolk." Amalia said shortly, nudging Darnious a bit further away from Arlis. She waited for the confused reaction, that or shock. Again, Merfolk were highly advised against wandering to far from the ocean, so as not to become liable to mental illnesses and becoming crazed.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "You're far from home," Arlis replied, folding her arms, not at all fazed. After all, she had seen some strange things living on the streets.

message 33: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (ChloeMai) "Yes, and I dont plan on returning." Amalia replied definatly, crossing her arms. This caused a eye roll for Darnious.
"You have to go back eventually, I mean after all you ar-"
He was cut off by his cousin sharply tapping him on the arm.
"I never speak of that life." She informed him.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "You are like high up or something?" Arlis guessed, looking between the two of them, an eyebrow raised, "Please don't bring all your drama here."

message 35: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (ChloeMai) "It isnt drama. I just simply dont want to live there anymore. I do not deserve to and dont want to be forced back." Amalia said, eyeing Arlis up closley.
"We dont have a choice into what life we were born to."

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "I don't complain at least," Arlis replied archly, holding her ground.

message 37: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (ChloeMai) "No, but when your princess and heir to the throne its not exactly a walk in the park. And factor in that you've been possessed by a daemon and ended 10 lives and its not the best damn deal." Amalia snapped, arms crossed.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "No, but I've killed a daemon," Arlis said quietly, "It seems to me that you're pretty much still a princess by the way you talk all stuck up!"

message 39: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (ChloeMai) "If you dont realise its the way Ive been raised. I cant just magically make myself stop talking royally or acting royally, not only is it in my blood I was taught to be like this. Do you honestly think I want to be this way? I hate the way I talk, the way I cant simply walk without remember precise ways on how to place my feet. It draws attention. And even if you have killed a daemon, you dont know what its like to be possessed by one, not unless you experience it first hand."

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) "Wow, that was quite the speech," Arlis said, taking a step back and yawning, "I didn't really listen, so you can spare all that jabber."
She looked over at Darnious, "And you are a prince then?" she asked, completely ignoring Amalia.

message 41: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (ChloeMai) Instead of answering, Darnious simply ignored her as she had done with his cousin. Amalia glanced up at him and then back up at the girl before simply holding her arm out a letting loose a bout of potions, this time a stronger lot that could not be prevented in knocking others unconcious.

message 42: by ♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (last edited Nov 21, 2012 03:59PM) (new)

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) Arlis looked at her for a second as the fumes rose, a surprised look on her face.
"I was helping you," she said, before they rose to her face, and she slumped to the ground.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) ((RP in City Tavern then XD))