Indie Book Club discussion

Indie Book Blog > Indie Book Club Book of the Year (suggested idea)

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Scott (Bookblogger) | 1315 comments Mod
I had a thought today (dangerous stuff) that perhaps we could create a Book of the Year badge. We could take a vote in January and decide out of the 12 fantasy books we have read and another for the 12 non fantasy books with the winner being given the option of putting a badge on their book stating Indie Book Club Book of the Year 2012 or something similar.

I realize it's probably not a huge thing, but I thought it would be kind of a neat idea. I would need someone willing to design the badge and if no one is interested I won't bother with it.

Let me know your thoughts on the matter.

message 2: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments A "Book of the Year" award sounds like a great idea.

What kind of graphic format would you need for the badge? I'm not a designer, but I know a few.

message 3: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Honestly I was just thinking of something small that could be worked into the corner of a book cover or included on a page in the front of the book. I have zero artistic ability so I'm not real sure exactly.

message 4: by Thaddeus (new)

Thaddeus White | 631 comments Mod
This does sound pretty cool, and it'd be great for the winner to be able to refer to.

message 5: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Any other thoughts or feedback? This is going to take a bit of work to figure out so I'd like to be sure that it is something that interests the authors.

message 6: by Heimdall (new)

Heimdall Thunderhammer That is a very cool concept. Any bit of recognition that Indie authors get is much appreciated!

message 7: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new)

Jeffrey Poole (Jaymikal) | 2287 comments Mod
I think it's a cool idea. I have quite a few graphics programs at my disposal. I'll be honest, I'm not that artistic, but I'm sure collectively we can come up with something!

message 8: by Mia (new)

Mia Darien (mia_darien) | 425 comments Sounds like a cool idea. :)

I have a modicum of artistic ability. I'd be happy to help with the badge.

message 9: by Walter (new)

Walter Spence (WalterSpence) Sounds like a terrific idea to me. If we independents are going to boost our collective profile with the overall readership, this is the sort of thing we want to be doing. I've no art talent, but I'm willing to help in any other way deemed useful.