James Herbert fans discussion

Long may Mr. Herbert continue,

Comments (showing 1-24 of 24) (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ronnie, (new)

Ronnie, | 62 comments I read The Rats trilogy when I was younger and Loved them, all time favourite though has got to be, The Ghosts of Sleath... ,

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris Ward | 16 comments Ghosts of Sleuth is a great book. Can't decide whether I like that one or Haunted more.

message 3: by Ronnie, (new)

Ronnie, | 62 comments Haunted was good but The Ghosts of Sleath was more atmospheric, just superb really, my opinion anyway,

message 4: by Terri-Lea (new)

Terri-Lea Chowles (time2stand) | 17 comments Haunted was a bit predictable, the Ghosts of Sleath will always be my favourite one of his.

message 5: by Ronnie, (new)

Ronnie, | 62 comments I couldn't agree more Terri, I've read it twice but I feel like it should be read again,

message 6: by Terri-Lea (new)

Terri-Lea Chowles (time2stand) | 17 comments I plan on reading all of his books again, I just have so many other books on my list, the woes of an avid reader! ;)

message 7: by Ronnie, (new)

Ronnie, | 62 comments I know, I'm the same with Stephen Kings Books,

message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris Ward | 16 comments Yeah . . . if only there was more time. There are so many books I'd love to get around to reading again.

message 9: by Terri-Lea (new)

Terri-Lea Chowles (time2stand) | 17 comments I'm currently making my way through King's books. Unlike Herbert there are ones I haven't read yet, read all of Herbert's books.

message 10: by Chris (new)

Chris Ward | 16 comments I've read a lot of King but I'd never read the Dark Tower. Last year I read the first seven back to back over about four months. It was quite a journey. Unlike a lot of people, I actually really liked the ending. It was kind of apt.

message 11: by Chris (new)

Chris Ward | 16 comments Haven't read nearly enough Herberts though. Mostly only the more recent ones.

message 12: by Terri-Lea (new)

Terri-Lea Chowles (time2stand) | 17 comments I'm currently reading the Dark Tower books, on the 4th one now. Each book gets better and better, really enjoying the journey :)

message 13: by Chris (new)

Chris Ward | 16 comments I loved the first four, soldiered through five and six, and thought seven was really good. I didn't like Song for Suzannah, while my favorite is a toss up between Wizard and Glass and The Waste Lands.

message 14: by Ronnie, (new)

Ronnie, | 62 comments They're the only King Books I haven't read, just don't think they're My sort of thing, but people do say they are good,

message 15: by Terri-Lea (new)

Terri-Lea Chowles (time2stand) | 17 comments If you haven't read, how can you know if it's not for you? ;)

message 16: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty | 3 comments Im just about to start book five of the dark tower by stephen king i find them fascinating.

message 17: by Ronnie, (new)

Ronnie, | 62 comments I read a short story in one of his compilations,and couldn't make any sense of it

message 18: by Ronnie, (new)

Ronnie, | 62 comments Sleep well Mr. Herbert. Thankyou for the great stories,

message 19: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1 comments Very sad to hear about James Herbert's passing will be such a loss. RIP x

message 20: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Rayne | 23 comments That's absolutely gutting

message 21: by Terri-Lea (new)

Terri-Lea Chowles (time2stand) | 17 comments I'm still in a bit of shock, was dreading this day :'( R.I.P. James.

message 22: by Keith (new)

Keith Larkworthy (kelar71) | 5 comments Mod
Feel like I've lost an old friend. Sleep well James.

message 23: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty | 3 comments Yes indeed RIP James. :(

message 24: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Taylor (mrwriterman) | 1 comments I found out about his death today and I remembered what he did for me many years ago. Although I never met him, it was his rats novel that got me reading. I have been writing my own version of a rats novel recently, so I want to dedicate it to him when i'm finished. Without the memories of books from my younger days I wouldn't be an author now. So here's to a top, top author....
Lee