Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > fake profiles?

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ivan A. (new)

Ivan A. (ivanabu) | 166 comments I really do not know where to place this question, but I am interested how to delete an add book to shelf or comments on some books site and can I do that?

It says that profiles do not exist, and it's little weird because one of the names of book authore match the profile name, so I think someone made ​​a fake profile and added book.

It is a book Osnove statistike by Jasna Horvat and Josipa Mijoč:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16...

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 32656 comments Mod
I don't understand what you are asking. I added that book to Goodreads at your request. Is there something wrong with its information?

message 3: by Ivan A. (new)

Ivan A. (ivanabu) | 166 comments everything is fine with the book, but some people who add to their shelf that book does not exist as users on Goodreads.
I tried to go into their profile and send a friend request, but it wrote that the profile does not exist but on book site their names stayed.
It says that the author of book Josipa Mijoč added that book on her shelf and there is no profile. I got the massage:
Oops - we couldn't find that profile.
I think that someone is created profile under name of author of the book and it is not the author.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 32656 comments Mod
That usually means that the account has been deleted. The book page is heavily cached, so reviews from users other than your friends (which update immediately) take a couple days to update.

In any case, this is not something librarians have any control over.