Obsidian (Lux, #1) Obsidian discussion

Sarah Hyland as katy!!

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

kpopfan Hey guys how bout Sarah Hyland as Katy?
Just think about it....in the first book Obsidian she describes herself as having huge grey eyes, brown hair,curvy hips and puffy lips. plus she jokes as being a kewpie doll and daemon said (when he first saw her) she looks like a thirteen year old and looks like a doll all big-eyed and vacant.

Just look and see she is so perfect for Katy:

Phowpence Sure. Sarah Hyland is a great actress but I just don't think that she's good enough for the role of Katy. I think her personality is quite different from katy.

message 3: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat actually...thats pretty good, look wise thats kinda how I picture Katy

Jenna Phowpence wrote: "Sure. Sarah Hyland is a great actress but I just don't think that she's good enough for the role of Katy. I think her personality is quite different from katy."

I completely agree! Sarah's voice also doesn't suit Katy's character. Too high-pitched and almost whiny...

message 5: by kpopfan (last edited Nov 13, 2012 03:00PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

kpopfan Soooo who would you have chosen as the role for Katy or like a dream cast for Katy? Cause so far all I can think is how similer Sarah Hylands looks fit Katy's character that was described in the book...

But if you could think of a better person please let me know. :)

kpopfan Vyshu wrote: "totally! she is an amazing actress, i can definetly see her as katy!"

Thank you!! I love her in Modern Family. Sarah is such a sweet girl in real life.

Shanza i think she would be the perfect Katy!

Crystal Simpson Mila Kunis has the same effect visually but she also has a bit of edge to her that Katy exhibits in the book.

message 9: by Ivy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ivy G. Honestly, I think you hit the nail on the head...
Sarah is exactly how i pictured Katy.
I love it!
Great pick!!

Rebekah I don't really see Sarah as Katy in this role. She definitely has a different personality. :/ Not sure just yet .....

message 11: by P (new) - rated it 5 stars

P I think she's perfect. I mean she seems like such an innocent character and that is what Kate is pretty much at the beginning of the series so it's like perfect.

message 12: by Alex (last edited Dec 30, 2012 08:25PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alex No, I cannot see that only because of her eyes and her mouth.They are larger than I imagined and her face is too narrow.

message 13: by Mish (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mish I think she's great as Katy!