Cozy Mysteries discussion

Upcoming New Releases > January 2013

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ❂ Jennifer (last edited Dec 28, 2012 03:48AM) (new)

❂ Jennifer  (jennevans) | 2301 comments New Releases scheduled for January release:

Death, Taxes, and Peach Sangria (Death and Taxes #4)
Diane Kelly

Unnatural Habits (USA release) (Phyrne Fisher #19)
Kerry Greenwood

Out of Circulation (Cat in the Stacks #4)
Miranda James

The Silence of the Llamas (Black Sheep Knitting #5)
Anne Canadeo

Revenge of the Crafty Corpse (Anastasia Pollack #13)
Lois Winston

A Question of Identity (Rona Parish #8)
Anthea Fraser

Speaking from Among the Bones
Alan Bradley

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (MelodieCO) | 5221 comments Have 2 of the 3 on order already!

message 3: by ❂ Jennifer (new)

❂ Jennifer  (jennevans) | 2301 comments I placed my order just a few minutes ago - I already have Unnatural Habits, but since it's a favortie series, I've ordered the hardcover as well. :D

A slow month, which is probably good considering all the books we'll have from December. lol

message 4: by DJ =^^= (new)

DJ =^^= (debzee) | 145 comments y'all buy a lot of books.. do you have a spending limit each month for your books? lol because the way y'all talk it sounds like you spend hundreds each month on these books.

message 5: by ❂ Jennifer (new)

❂ Jennifer  (jennevans) | 2301 comments I do buy a lot of books. :) And no, I don't have a spending limit each month, but having said that, I'm also very careful to order books before they're published and get the pre-order discount. I order from bookdepository so it's free shipping. I order books from used shops or bookcloseouts when I can.

I almost never spend more than 100/month on my books and most of the time, I don't reach 100. I also never shop for clothes here (I buy them when I'm in the US once a year or so) and almost never drink alcohol, go out to eat, etc.

I think everyone has something they spend on: food, tobacco, alcohol, clothes, shoes, whatever. Mine is books. :D

message 6: by Barb (new)

Barb | 750 comments ❂ Jennifer wrote: "I think everyone has something they spend on: food, tobacco, alcohol, clothes, shoes, whatever. Mine is books. :D "

You're right, Jennifer! My two main vices (according to hubby) are reading and scrapbooking. Since I can't borrow most of the things I need for my scrapbooking, that's where my "mad money" goes ... and I get my books from the library :)

message 7: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (MelodieCO) | 5221 comments I do buy a lot of books, but I'm not a clotheshorse or a shoe freak. I don't smoke and rarely drink. I do have a thing for purses, but the ones I like are expensive so mostly I just lust after them! I usually don't reach $100.00 a month either. Usually around 1/2 that.

message 8: by ❂ Jennifer (new)

❂ Jennifer  (jennevans) | 2301 comments Melodie wrote: "I do have a thing for purses, but the ones I like are expensive so mostly I just lust after them!..."

Oh, I do like a good handbag, but like you, those seem to be the expensive ones. I buy one good, expensive bag then use it for the next 3-4 years. :)

message 9: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 3528 comments Mod
Thank you, Jennifer, yes, slow month after December so it's good :D

message 10: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (ShirleytheKindlereader) ❂ Jennifer wrote: "I do buy a lot of books. :) And no, I don't have a spending limit each month, but having said that, I'm also very careful to order books before they're published and get the pre-order discount. I..."

That is my theory too. I don't smoke,drink or eat out and still have a closet full of clothes.
I buy audible credits and kindle books. No clutter and much lower cost. I am now reading "new" release books when they are current.

message 11: by Heather L, Cozy Mysteries Moderator (last edited Nov 13, 2012 12:50PM) (new)

Heather L (WordTrix) | 8749 comments Mod
Not so slow a month as it would originally seem. From Stop You're Killing Me:

Merciless [Mercy Gunderson #3] by Lori G. Armstrong

The Silence of the Llamas [Black Sheep Knitting #5] by Anne Canadeo

Dead Water [Shetland Island #5] by Ann Cleeves

A Question of Identity [Rona Parish #8] by Anthea Fraser

Unnatural Habits [Phryne Fisher #19] by Kerry Greenwood

Out of Circulation [Cat in the Stacks #4] by Miranda James

The One I Left Behind [NS] by Jennifer McMahon

A Grain of Truth [Teodor Szacki #2] by Zygmunt Miloszewski

The Beggar King [Hangman’s Daughter #3] by Oliver Pötzsch

Shadowkiller [Nightwatcher #3] by Wendy Corsi Staub

Skin Game [Herman Jackson #3] by Richard A. Thompson

Revenge of the Crafty Corpse [Anastasia Pollack #13] by Lois Winston

Soft Money [Filomena Buscarsela #2] by Kenneth Wishnia

message 12: by ❂ Jennifer (new)

❂ Jennifer  (jennevans) | 2301 comments Some of those don't sound cozy...

I'll add the ones I can verify fit the bill...

message 13: by RebeccaS (new)

RebeccaS (RebeccaSG) | 130 comments Speaking from Among the Bones: A Flavia de Luce Novel by Alan Bradley comes out Jan 29th. Not sure if this counts as a cozy but I think it should!

message 14: by ❂ Jennifer (new)

❂ Jennifer  (jennevans) | 2301 comments Rebecca wrote: "Speaking from Among the Bones: A Flavia de Luce Novel by Alan Bradley comes out Jan 29th. Not sure if this counts as a cozy but I think it should!"

Added. :)

message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma | 109 comments Rebecca wrote: "Speaking from Among the Bones: A Flavia de Luce Novel by Alan Bradley comes out Jan 29th. Not sure if this counts as a cozy but I think it should!"

I can't wait for the next installment in this series! Wish I had early access to it as well!