Making Connections discussion

A.K. Hill
This topic is about A.K. Hill
ARCHIVES > A.K. Hill

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Hill (akhill) | 12 comments Hello,

Looking for support, people to review and just some general help getting noticed for my first book A Mediocre Man.

A modern fiction novella charting the demise of an ordinary man in a world obsessed with gossip and rumour.

Given recent news stories in the UK: I should point out that the idea for this book was conceived, and large portions written, well before the events that are currently playing out in the media.

Thanks for reading.
A.K. Hill

message 2: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Hill (akhill) | 12 comments pjreviews wrote: "This one sounds pretty interesting. I review over at http://pjreviewofbooks.com if you are interested in checking it out. Let me know."

Hello and thanks for the post. Any help would be much appreciated.

message 3: by A.K. (last edited Nov 14, 2012 03:31AM) (new)

A.K. Hill (akhill) | 12 comments pjreviews wrote: "How do I go about getting your book?"

The ebook is available to buy from major online retailers:

Amazon USA
Amazon UK
Barnes & Noble
Kobo
Lulu / iTunes
Google Play
Waterstones UK

This is by no means and exhaustive list, and book will also soon be available through smaller and independent online book sellers.

message 4: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Hill (akhill) | 12 comments Read my first ever interview, conducted by TheBookbag.co.uk:

http://www.thebookbag.co.uk/reviews/i...

message 5: by Dexter (new)

Dexter Morgenstern (dexkwondo) | 15 comments I read your book "A Mediocre Man," pretty recently. Very good job. It kept me entertained and definitely didn't feel like I was reading it as a chore (like so many others).

I left a review here on Goodreads, and look forward to reading your next story!

message 6: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Hill (akhill) | 12 comments Dexter wrote: "I read your book "A Mediocre Man," pretty recently. Very good job. It kept me entertained and definitely didn't feel like I was reading it as a chore (like so many others).

I left a review here on..."

Thank you so much. I'm glad you liked it. I know there are some grammar issues, sorry about that. I hope to correct them soon, once I have other projects out of the way.

message 7: by Dexter (new)

Dexter Morgenstern (dexkwondo) | 15 comments Not a problem, unless they're very frequent or they get in the way of the story, I usually ignore grammar issues.

There are probably still some in my novels even after a dozen edits. There are those typo gnomes that crawl out while you sleep and hide new errors in your novel just before you publish it. Gotta keep an eye out for them.

message 8: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Hill (akhill) | 12 comments Read my latest blog post about the problems of social media as a marketing tool:

Attractive Women & Cute Kittens

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Mediocre Man (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

A.K. Hill (other topics)