When the World Dies discussion

Comments (showing 1-45 of 45) (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (last edited Nov 12, 2012 07:24PM) (new)

Hannah The Farms are on the Outskirts of the city. Most of the crops have been overgrown with grass and weeds. The zombies are less popular out there but still many venture out there to find food.

Photobucket

message 2: by Dakota (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
Kiara looked around taking in the run down farm she used to help around at when she was about three. She had always thought she worked there because she loved all the animals and helped freed them. Now she sighed glancing down at her feet. A huge white cat was standing just under her feet with his midnight blue eyes keeping a look out.

"Shadowfax, do you think anything is in that barn?" She asked although it was useless. Cats couldn't talk.
"Meow." He replied. She had been bouncing from farm to farm for the past few years surviving on her own. So far she had a black backpack full of old cans of soup and three water bottles filled with fresh river water running through this farm.
So far everything seemed okay and Kiara smiled down at the pure white cat knowing her knives were easy access.

message 3: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 89 comments Xavier steps out on the front porch of the old farm house...He was holding a shotgun that he had found at the house whne he and the soldier found the place several months ago..."Who are you?!" He yells out gun at the ready but he hardly even knew anything on shooting the thing but he still held it very threateningly...

message 4: by Dakota (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
Kiara turns around hands in the air as Shadowfax bristles and hisses. She watches his hands and realizes he's not totally comfortable with that gun meaning someone else had to be.
"Whoa, don't shoot. I'm not going to eat your brains." She says glancing at the cat who is still beside her.

message 5: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 89 comments Xavier lowers the gone smirksing..."Thank God another human...."

message 6: by Dakota (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
"So who are you? I've been around here a few times and no one has ever been here before..." She trails looking around making sure no more guns were pointed at her. Her cat would stop bristling and lick his paw as she put her hand on her hip leaving one arm dangling at her side. This boy was pretty, there was no way he was on his own.

message 7: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 89 comments Xavier frowns..."We have always been here tending the land...What are you doing here now?"

message 8: by Dakota (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
"Well... I've been looking for food." She says then adds to herself, "yeah go with that." She looks at the boy still wondering if anyone was around. Shadowfax would meow before leaping up to where Kiara caught him and held him in her arms. The cat was absolutely massive but he held him with no problems.

message 9: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 89 comments Xavier frowns..."We keep hold of what supplies we do have for ourselves no visitors."

message 10: by Dakota (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
"We...?" Her curiosity leaking out. "So there are more of you." She said 'are' with heavy emphasis. Shadowfax's ears twitched up sensing the small excitement.
"So how many more are there of you?" She questioned next.

message 11: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 89 comments "Just me and a soldier...but thats not improtant he is out hunting right now...and I am asking you to leave before you attract attention..." Xavier says looking around nervously...

message 12: by Dakota (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
"Me? I attract attention? Explain." She says watching him as Shadowfax looked around scanning the trees. 'So there is a soldier', she thought to herself. 'That would explain a lot'.

message 13: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 89 comments Xavier shakes a bit..."Just get out of here...The soldier won't be as mercifulas me he will just shoot..."

message 14: by Dakota (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
"Maybe i can meet him and we can talk." She says trying to persuade him. "What's your name?". Kiara was hoping he wouldn't call the soldier to him because if he did that she would be as sure as dead if the soldier was actually that merciless... Shadowfax just leaped out of her arms and wandered around the grass she was standing on.

message 15: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 89 comments "xavier, but that doesn't matter...I'm not going to call him here to shoot you and make you a zombie...we don't need anymore of thsoe things."

message 16: by Dakota (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
"That's a cool name." Kiara says. "But what if i help you? Humans should start sticking together because this is the first time I've seen one alive and well in a long time." She smiled sweetly, a smile that she used to use to get away from really bad problems. Shadowfax meows and walks up to Xavier and sniffs his pant legs for any suspicious substances.

message 17: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 89 comments Xavier looks down at the cat..."You can stay for now, but if the soldier decides for you to leave then you better do it...and don't try to hit on him, he is mine."

message 18: by Dakota (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
Her eyebrow raises but she says nothing about it. "Thanks Xavier." She smiles and walks up the steps keeping her eyes on him while Shadowfax looks around for any pending danger. "And don't worry, I've learned that boys are the source of most my problems. It is nice to be cuddled sometimes but it's better to kick in the head of a zombie." She winks as she gets to the top step.

message 19: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 89 comments Xavier frowns studying the girl...He keeps the gun on him but open sthe door..."Get in before any zombies smell us."

message 20: by Dakota (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
She smiles and says, "yes sir" happily. She then scoops the cat up in her arms walking into the house as she brushed her bangs (on the left side of her face) out of the way to take in the full sight of the house.

message 21: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 89 comments Xavier locks the door several bolts tightened then he places a board up..."The soldier will be arriving back here soon...."

((Dakota where is the soldier?))

message 22: by Hannah (new)

Hannah ((Dakota can't come on right now but she told me to tell you that the soldier is in another farm building close by))

message 23: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 89 comments ((Coolio thnx))

message 24: by Dakota (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
Kiara nods and says, "Okay cool." She then lets Shadowfax down and he stays by her while she looks around and watches Xavier makes the door impassable.

Somewhere nearby an abandoned farm, Ash walks stepping carefully in his black boots and holding a shot gun in his left hand while holding a bag in his right hand. Around him it's open except for the farm house that he just raided. There wasn't much but it was enough to get the two if them by. He growled in frustration. This was going to end soon and he had only a few ideas left.

message 25: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 89 comments Xavier moves to teh windows peaking throuth cracks i the boards.

message 26: by Dakota (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
Kiara watches Xavier seeming to have no care in the world about what was happening all the while keeping Shadowfax in the corner of her eye.

Asher rounds the corner in the vision of Xavier walking with the same annoyed look on his face as always which highlighted his cheek bones and lovely face structure. The bag swung as he walked and the gun could have been pulled up at any second to shoot something ASAP

message 27: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 89 comments xavier smiles moving quickly paced to the door and unlocking many bolts and hatches opening it quickly to embrace him.

message 28: by Dakota (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
Kiara watches his reaction carefully and very subtly. Shadowfax meows jumping up onto a railing where he could walk along it down a hallway and into the other room.

The soldier walks up the front steps checking behind him. His shoes are loud on the wood and he looks uneasy. He knows something is different than before. Asher has picked up this skill from many years training under the best.

message 29: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 89 comments Xavier smirks..."What's wrong?"

message 30: by Dakota (last edited Dec 05, 2012 09:28PM) (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
Kiara looks between Xavier and Asher while she cocks her head sideways like an animal would.
"Nothing." She simply says as Shadowfax sits perfectly like a statue. His eyes are slits and he wraps his tail around him watching the blondie.

Asher looks to Xavier first and then throws the bag onto the floor and holds up the gun to Kiara. He his face has turned from mildly mad to stone. He takes a few careful steps into the room so the door can be re-locked. His eyes don't stray from the new girl who could possibly be infected.

message 31: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 89 comments (9Xavier already opened the door))

message 32: by Dakota (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
((Ooh Kay lemmie change it))

message 33: by Dakota (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
((Done))

message 34: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 89 comments Xavier stands infront of her momentarily..."I told her she could come in but you were the judge if she could stay." He says lightheartedly.

message 35: by Dakota (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
"Hello Sir." Kiara says with a smile. "I can assure you i'm not a zombie."

"Xavier... Remember the story i told you a about how i let a girl come into the house and she ended up almost killing me?" Asher asks glaring at him. He holds the gun less tense and lowers it a fraction.

message 36: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 89 comments Zavier frowns..."I'm sorry...it's just she wouldn't shut it if i didn't let her in....I told her she can stay for only a few but when you got here you decided..."

message 37: by Dakota (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
"You make me sound like an annoying girl who can't make it on my own." Kiara mumbles looking at the ground.

"So I decide?" Asher asks. "Well what are your thoughts on her?" He adds questioning Xavier. He puts the gun down and looks her up and down checking for any bites.

message 38: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 89 comments Xavier smiles..."She seems interesting...but she apparently only request a place to live. I would say we could keep her for a bit until we move on."

message 39: by Dakota (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
Kiara smiles and pets Shadowfax. Her thoughts were wandering again and yet she sill seemed all there.

"Fine." Ash sighs. "You can stay. My name is Asher and I'm a soldier."

"The name is Kiara." She answers and looks around at the old house. It must have been pretty old even before the zombies but now it was spooky old like a ghost was going to bug them.

message 40: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 89 comments Xavier smirks..."I'm glad your back safely Ash."

message 41: by Dakota (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
"I'm glad to be back. Now can you go get dinner started?" Ash asks. "There is more ingredients in that bag."

"You guys cook?" Kiara asks trying to be less awkward. Shadowfax walks down the railing into the kitchen on the other side looking around. Kiara watches him out the corner of her eye making sure he was alright.

message 42: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 89 comments Xavier is heard in the kitchen chopping hard at meat then tossing wood into a wood stove.

message 43: by Dakota (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
"Of course we do." Asher replies simply. "I could cook anything in the world but we are a little short on resources."

"Wow. He sounds good at it." Kiara says looking around awkwardly.

Ash wanders to the kitchen and says. "Can you go show Kiara where she will be sleeping?" He asks nicely. There is a couch downstairs and five bedrooms upstairs and one attic one floor higher and that much more filled with spiders. Two of the bedrooms upstairs are rotting and your foot would go through the floor boards in a second if you were not careful. Each room had a different door color too.

message 44: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (JacobHottLifeSucksThenWeDie) | 89 comments "Um right I'll take her to the black door bedroom...it is the closest to sturdy from ours...Kiara...um...I have the blue door room you are two doors down from that...the black door room..." He starts walking upstairs.

message 45: by Dakota (new)

Dakota | 47 comments Mod
Kiara fallows Xavier with her hands laced together at her back. Shadowfax trailed along behind her watching and silently.

Asher continuos the cooking using expert moves and experience.