The Cardinal of the Kremlin (Jack Ryan Universe, #5) The Cardinal of the Kremlin question

will jack ryan succeed in his mission against the russians?
Sonya madden Sonya Nov 11, 2012 09:03AM
The Cardinal of the Kremlin (Jack Ryan, #5) by Tom Clancy I just started the cardinal of the kremlin but Jack ryan seems to be a go to em guy.

Clancy is great right up to but not inclusive of Rainbow Six......and then? meh

AMAZING book! My very first Tom Clancy, which led to very first curse in Russian ^_^ and decades-long enjoyment. Loved how he spun out the different sub-plots until they all merged.

Sadly, transition to Jack, Jr. didn't work so well for me and Op-Center never lit the proverbial spark.

I also have no idea why this popped up on my homepage tonight...but it's my favorite Clancy book and I highly recommend it! The book is about Afghanistan and its subject matter is still very relevant today.

Have no idea why this popped up on my home page tonight, but I will say that I read this book years ago. Loved it.
Not his normal kind of stuff- this was back when Clancey really 'wrote' IMO. His newer work... Same old song and dance, the way i see it.
Hope you enjoy.

It is a great book.

"Rainbow Six" was definitely a shark-jumping moment.

SPOILERS---as if....

The idea of an international team working like clockwork and never getting a scratch as they took out every bad guy was painful.
"The tooth of the tiger" where Jack Junior calls the baddie by his e-mail name as he stabs him to death with a pen. seriously?

"dead or alive"--drivel. can't say anythig else.

Hoping "Red Rabbit" is pre-shark--it's the last of the "originals" to finish,a nd then I will never read him again.

Leonardo Noto Red Rabbit is a really good book. I greatly enjoyed all of Clancy's 1980s and early 1990s books, but I'm also not a fan of his later works. Red Rabbit ...more
May 04, 2013 05:53PM