Young Adult Contemporary Romance discussion

Barbie Girl (Baby Doll, #1)
This topic is about Barbie Girl
❤ ARCHIVES > GIVEAWAY: Barbie Girl by Heidi Acosta (Until December 4)

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Courtesy of Ms. Heidi Acosta

I would like to offer your Group followers a chance to read my new Novel Barbie girl it is a young adult contemporary romance novel. The story follows 17 year-old Barbie Starr -- a young girl who is facing the harsh realities of life -- realities that include a mother who is addicted to pain killers and an autistic younger brother who does not speak:

The only thing that Barbie Starr wants to do is graduate high school so she and her little brother, Everett, can get out of Alabama. She doesn’t care about the rumors that are spread around about her like wild fire. Rumors are nothing new to her. Sure, maybe she could change her reputation, but why bother. She is leaving Alabama as soon as she can. That is, if she can pass algebra and graduate.
The only thing Dylan Knight would like to do is get through to graduation unnoticed; he has had enough of the drama that is high school. He took the whole of last summer to bulk-up and the neighborhood kids finally stopped calling him names and picking on him. He only wants to remain outside out of the circle of constant rumors that surround the so-called popular kids who get all the attention. He would not, however, mind if his long time crush Katie took notice of him.

It’s Barbie, however, who notices Dylan and she offers him a deal he can’t pass up, if he helps her pass algebra, she’ll help him get the notice of his dream girl Katie. Dylan agrees, but, as it turns out, nothing is simple when it comes to Barbie. Somehow, she can’t help but draw attention to herself -- and to him. Soon Dylan finds himself tossed into the whirlwind of rumors that seem to follow Barbie everywhere. Can he save his reputation and still get the girl of his dreams? Or will Barbie be the one to break through his carefully-built facade?

If you are interested go to: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...
Coupon Code: AL85N
It expires Dec 4th 2012

message 2: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy | 2 comments I just got this. It sounds really good.

message 3: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle It is :) I am going to read it next month after I come back from my vacation :D

message 4: by Rose (new) - added it

Rose (Roses-Book-Corner) | 1 comments I just got this book today with the code!! Right on time too!!!

message 5: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Good for you Rose :D