Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Anthologies

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (last edited Nov 10, 2012 03:51PM) (new)

Amy (Sunflwrbx5) | 8 comments Was wondering if it is possible to separate the stories in an Anthology to their corresponding authors? For Example: In the book "Summer Brides" you have stories from Susan Wiggs, Sherryl Woods, and Susan Mallery. Is it possible for example, to take the story "The Borrowed Bride" by Susan Wiggs, and add the Anthology ("Summer Brides")to the editions listed for that story? If so, how would you go about it?

message 2: by Vicky (last edited Nov 10, 2012 03:48PM) (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments We don't separate anthologies into separate books for each story. An anthology should, however, list all authors so that it can be found through all of their author pages.

message 3: by Amy (last edited Nov 10, 2012 04:05PM) (new)

Amy (Sunflwrbx5) | 8 comments I don't mean to separate, just list this anthology as another edition where that particular story may be found, because when you bring up the authors, most do not list the anthologies that they have collaborated in.
I know the authors list them on their own web site but you will not find them listed here on this site. Especially if they are not the main author listed. It would generate more reading of other authors as well.

message 4: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5524 comments Amy wrote: "Amy Feldmann (Sunflwrbx5) | 8 comments I don't mean to separate, just list this anthology as another edition where that particular story may be found, because when you bring up the authors, most do not list the anthologies that they have collaborated in.
I know the authors list them on their own web site but you will not find them listed here on this site. Especially if they are not the main author listed. It would generate more reading of other authors as well. "

They should appear on the author's page. That is the whole purpose of listing them as a contributor. If you have an example where that isn't happening post it here and we can check it.