Indie Book Club discussion

18 views
Book of the Month: Other > Nominate genres for December

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Scott (Bookblogger) | 1315 comments Mod
Historical fiction is off limits. All genres must be seconded to be included in the poll.


message 2: by J.D. (last edited Nov 12, 2012 07:11AM) (new)

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Is "science fiction" too broad a genre?

Edit: I see we have a couple of books floating around that straddle the line between SF and Fantasy. How out about "SF/F fusion" or "genre blending" as a category?

(I know - I'm a pain.)


message 3: by Jade (new)

Jade Kerrion (Jade_Kerrion) | 24 comments J.D. wrote: "Is "science fiction" too broad a genre?

Edit: I see we have a couple of books floating around that straddle the line between SF and Fantasy. How out about "SF/F fusion" or "genre blending" as a ca..."


Seconded.


message 4: by Massimo (new)

Massimo Marino | 26 comments Hi there. Very new to the group, so I hope I'm not crossing a line.

Would a "post apocalypse" genre be too restrained or coercive?


message 5: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Scott (Bookblogger) | 1315 comments Mod
Massimo wrote: "Hi there. Very new to the group, so I hope I'm not crossing a line.

Would a "post apocalypse" genre be too restrained or coercive?"


Welcome Massimo, post apocalyptic is fine for a genre. We actually had that win several months ago, but that's fine. Repeat genres are good as long as it's not two months in a row.


message 6: by Steph (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 178 comments I'll second post apocalypse - though I'm intrigued about what constitutes SF/F fusion...


message 7: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Scott (Bookblogger) | 1315 comments Mod
Steph wrote: "I'll second post apocalypse - though I'm intrigued about what constitutes SF/F fusion..."

That's a good question. J.D. did you have a book in mind to meet the genre requirement? I'd just be curious to see an example of what you had in mind.


message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris Bullock (chrisbullock) | 7 comments How about Childrens Stories? No-one seems to be assessing this level of 'education'.


message 9: by Will (new)

Will (wweisser) | 6 comments My book Epic Fantasy 0.9b is a blend of science fiction and fantasy. It's science fiction set in a fantasy world, which sounds a little strange I know, but it does make sense by the end ;p.


message 10: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Scott wrote: "Steph wrote: "I'll second post apocalypse - though I'm intrigued about what constitutes SF/F fusion..."

That's a good question. J.D. did you have a book in mind to meet the genre requirement? ..."


Will beat me to it. ;)


back to top