Write a Story discussion

starting out > Idea Exchange

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Geneva (new)

Geneva (FireDragon1) | 108 comments Here's a place everyone can exchange ideas if your story is either stuck in the mud or in the closet.

Sariah the Authoress (authoress96pulchritudinous) | 143 comments You no get Ala's story! Humph. *glares at Geneva*

message 3: by Geneva (new)

Geneva (FireDragon1) | 108 comments Mud!!!

Sariah the Authoress (authoress96pulchritudinous) | 143 comments ??????

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

well, i have one I'm writing, but i keep adding more detail, and it's actually changing the story too much. Any advice?

message 6: by Geneva (new)

Geneva (FireDragon1) | 108 comments tell me first what you intended it to be. then whats its turning into.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

*sigh* it's confusing. well, i invented this creature called a Keeper, but there are 3 types. one of the good Keepers meets girl and ya.

but then i added detail...
he meets her first as a child (he's dead and can't age) and she grows up. then i went farther back, into his point of veiw, which i don't want to do...*sighs again*. i also went farther into my main character's story, saying how she was adopted and then yah...it's getting confusing to me. i like the detail, but i think it's changing it too much...or maybe not...i really don't know. i might just be wanting to get to the good stuff, the exciting stuff.

Sariah the Authoress (authoress96pulchritudinous) | 143 comments Gwen's story is about

Sariah the Authoress (authoress96pulchritudinous) | 143 comments Oops. Accident. Neva mind, anyway.

message 10: by Geneva (new)

Geneva (FireDragon1) | 108 comments The Pianist (Alexis) wrote: "*sigh* it's confusing. well, i invented this creature called a Keeper, but there are 3 types. one of the good Keepers meets girl and ya.

but then i added detail...
he meets her first as a child (..."

I have had the same problem with one of my stories. What I did was just take out the parts that I thought didn't pertain to the story and worked from there.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

...yeah. i should do that. it'll be a little hard though cause the story's so jumbled. thanks for the advice!

message 12: by Geneva (new)

Geneva (FireDragon1) | 108 comments The Pianist (Alexis) wrote: "...yeah. i should do that. it'll be a little hard though cause the story's so jumbled. thanks for the advice!"

your welcome. have fun with it!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

:D

message 14: by Bonny (new)

Bonny (Dreams-Of-Ink) | 45 comments My main male character Zed, is pretty much doing his own thing(apparently on some sort of quest in the "badlands" or whatever) and I know absolutely nothing about what is going on.
I was wondering what do you all do when one of your main characters is hiding from you?

message 15: by Geneva (new)

Geneva (FireDragon1) | 108 comments In the past, when that's happened, I've usually just type about it for the view from a different character for a while. That, or move to different story for a bit.

Sariah the Authoress (authoress96pulchritudinous) | 143 comments Hm. Good idea. Sometimes I have to make sure I even want my main character to BE the main character.

message 17: by Bonny (last edited Jan 05, 2013 10:39AM) (new)

Bonny (Dreams-Of-Ink) | 45 comments Geneva wrote: "In the past, when that's happened, I've usually just type about it for the view from a different character for a while. That, or move to different story for a bit."

What if I haven't written anything from his point of view yet? I just can't get into his head to know what he is all about. It's completely frustrating knowing his quest is important but not knowing why. *sigh*

His sister on the other hand just loves to be in the limelight lol

message 18: by Geneva (new)

Geneva (FireDragon1) | 108 comments hmm. sorta of a mystery story. he goes on the quest, you don't find out until he's done it. even for the author. :)