Writing Passionates discussion

Your Publisher

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) My publisher is Publisher America. It is a great for those who don't have any money. Publish America doesn't charge you anything. They want your book, not your money. Check out their website to get more details about their publishing.

www.publisheamerica.com

message 2: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments So, do you get to sell the books, or do they get all the money for your ideas? Is it a site where they publish your books and get money from advertising?

message 3: by Roni, What the neck!? (new)

Roni (V_A_B) | 2889 comments Mod
i don't think that the company is a website mckenzie. I think that the company actually publishes the book, and they just have a website. Almost everybody has a website nowadays, and Its not that hard to make one. And I don't mean a website that you give information to create the site for you like myspace or facebook or zoomshare. I mean making it from scratch.

message 4: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments I didn't mean like that. I meant that do you send it to them and get payed for the work and then they make money off of it? Or do they publish it and you pay for the publishing but you make all the money off of it?

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Kensie,

It depends on the publisher you go with. With my publisher, you send in your work and there is a process of making your book. My publisher doesn't charge me anything for my work, they don't charge for publishing or binding or anything like that. You get a book sales report twice a year and you get paid twice a year. And I believe they make some kind of profit of it too but the author makes the most profit. hope this helps.

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Recently, I have recieve information that Publish America has a really bad reputation has a publishing company, so DO NOT USE THEM TO HAVE YOUR WORK PUBLISHED.

message 7: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments Didn't you say that you used them?

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) yes i did use them and i just learned that they have a bad reputation. apparently i didn't do any research on publishing companies in the first place. you live and you learn.

message 9: by Roni, What the neck!? (new)

Roni (V_A_B) | 2889 comments Mod
yeah, i heard about that. Someone in a different group said if you want to find out if a publishing company is good or not then you type in their name followed by the word scam. I did this for publishamerica and a ton of things popped up. It was amazing. If I ever personally know anyone who wants to publish something, I will definitly tell them not to use publishamerica.

message 10: by Josh (new)

Josh | 83 comments good to know

message 11: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

Seth (NinjaaaaaofWritingbooks) | 2205 comments Mod
ya, i heard that too Roni

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

it's smart to do that.