Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Off Topic Discussion > A Review of the International Spy Museum

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gamal (new)

Gamal Hennessy I recently took a trip to The International Spy Museum in DC and I think members of this group would be interested in what they have to offer. My review of the place is here.

http://bit.ly/Qro8d2

Have fun.
Gamal

message 2: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Lisa P | 1536 comments Mod
Gamal wrote: "I recently took a trip to The International Spy Museum in DC and I think members of this group would be interested in what they have to offer. My review of the place is here.

http://bit.ly/Qro8d2..."

I was just in DC...wish I had stopped there...sounds interesting!

message 3: by Gamal (new)

Gamal Hennessy I missed it the first time I went to DC too. I had to wait years to try and go again.

If you're not going to be in DC for a while, you can still read their blog and listen to their podcast. Some of them are fantastic.

http://www.spymuseum.org/

Have fun.
Gamal

message 4: by The Pirate Ghost, Long John Silvers Wanna-be (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (PirateGhost) | 5323 comments Mod
I live in the D.C. area, well close, not actually in the area, and I remember when they opened it. THe opening was cool spys reppeling down the sides of the building and stuff.

I want to go too, but haven't made it yet. (it's not off of the Maul.)

And, don't forget the Air and Space Museum and the Natural History Museum (which is very very cool too!)

message 5: by Gamal (new)

Gamal Hennessy I, Curmudgeon wrote: "I live in the D.C. area, well close, not actually in the area, and I remember when they opened it. THe opening was cool spys reppeling down the sides of the building and stuff.

I want to go too..."

It is worth a trip sir. If you don't have kids, I suggest going during the day when kids are in school. You might have the place all to yourself.

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim Crocker | 271 comments Wow! Sounds like an interesting place to visit. So is the Space Museum on the mall. You can look right down into the cockpit of the Black Bird. So what a cool site, dude. Now I will have to check out your books, too. Way to go!

message 7: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Gamal wrote: "I recently took a trip to The International Spy Museum in DC and I think members of this group would be interested in what they have to offer. My review of the place is here.

http://bit.ly/Qro8d2..."

Looks like a fun place to visit...hopefully someday.

message 8: by The Pirate Ghost, Long John Silvers Wanna-be (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (PirateGhost) | 5323 comments Mod
Jim wrote: "Wow! Sounds like an interesting place to visit. So is the Space Museum on the mall. You can look right down into the cockpit of the Black Bird. So what a cool site, dude. Now I will have to check o..."

The natural History Musuem is great, and it's just down The Mall from the Air and Space Museum. It's a hike, but it's a hike worth it. Both are great places. I think my kids liked the Natural History Museum better, which is HUGE, with all the life like displays and stuff.

I've been to the Air and Space Museum several times. I love the I-Max theater there, not to mention the numberous shows and displays. They even have a flight simulator for an F-14 (Unless they upgraded it to an F/A 18.

message 9: by Gamal (new)

Gamal Hennessy Jim wrote: "Wow! Sounds like an interesting place to visit. So is the Space Museum on the mall. You can look right down into the cockpit of the Black Bird. So what a cool site, dude. Now I will have to check o..."

The spy museum has a similar interactive element. There is an air duct that runs over several of the exhibit rooms and you can test your ability to remain quiet by crawling through the air duct, listening to the conversation they pipe in through the speakers and watching the sound monitor they have attached to the air duct. It's a lot of fun, especially since the air duct is wide, clean and has a very nice carpet on the floor. ;)