SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Para-Themed TV Shows & Movies > Castle's "Final Frontier" Episode

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 24904 comments Castle isn't a para-themed show, but the "Final Frontier" episode took place at a sci-fi convention and had Nathan shooting off some Firefly-isms. Stubby @ TOR talks more about it in his article: http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/11/cast...

I'm in the mood for a Firefly/Serenity marathon :)

message 2: by Daffodil (last edited Nov 09, 2012 08:12AM) (new)

Daffodil (Daffodil--RIPCranberry) | 2098 comments Sounds great! What time? I'll bring the popcorn. ;D

And I loved Castle's Kirk impersonation, very funny.

message 3: by Paris (new)

Paris (PAH13) | 1183 comments The cameo by director Johnathan Frakes was great too. I love that man, he's so freaing funny. Overall I loved the episode. It was everything I've come to love about Castle with the awesome nerd overtones and Firefly inside jokes.

Daffodil, his Kirk impression was great.

message 4: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 24904 comments :D We watched the Firefly 10th anni show last night. Would love to see them all get together again for another movie. I made DH promise to go with me to a comic con when we're back in the states. Would love to meet them! Although, I'd probably be too nervous and end up just admiring them from afar.

message 5: by Paris (new)

Paris (PAH13) | 1183 comments Steph wrote: ":D We watched the Firefly 10th anni show last night. Would love to see them all get together again for another movie. I made DH promise to go with me to a comic con when we're back in the states..."

I was so sad I couldn't watch that. I don't get the channel it was on. I'm hoping I can find it online somewhere. I am really hoping that we can get them or at least Nathan at Emerald City Comic con sometime soon. He comes up here a lot to do video game voices for Bungie so why not a quick trip for ECCC?

Steph, don't let the nerves get you. Even if you end up embarrassing yourself, it's worth it. Your once in a lifetime story will be even better.

message 6: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 24904 comments So true! I'll have to remember to pack my big girl panties. ;)

message 7: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (Daffodil--RIPCranberry) | 2098 comments I used to go to the Slanted Fedora Star Trek conventions in Indy on Thanksgiving weekend with a friend. This was over 10 years ago, before the company got into trouble and eventually closed. I also attended a couple around Valentine's day in Champaign, IL. Had a wonderful time each and every time and stood in a lot of autograph lines. I was able to see Brent Spiner, Marina Sirtis, James Darren, Aron Eisenberg and lots of others. I've also had a chance to see Peter Jurasik & Andreas Katsulis from Babylon 5 speak. Definitely worth the time and money to go!

message 8: by Vivian (last edited Nov 14, 2012 01:11PM) (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments That was a fun Castle episode! I love all the Firefly references in the show.

I was out and missed the Anniversary special on tv over the weekend. I was totally bummed, but guessing I can find it somewhere to watch later...

Daffodil, sounds like you had fun! I tried to go to a Castle panel a couple years ago at comic con san diego, but the line was ridiculously long and the room filled up. I would totally try again in the future though.

message 9: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (Daffodil--RIPCranberry) | 2098 comments They reran the Firefly special on Science channel last night. I recorded it on my DVR, but haven't watched it yet.