Best Teen Books discussion

Pretty Tough - Advance Readers Copies

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:27AM) (new)

Liz | 4 comments We've got a few galleys of my book Pretty Tough (to be published Aug. 2nd) still available.
Any reviewers out there who want an advance copy - hit me up.

message 2: by bjneary (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:28AM) (new)

bjneary | 236 comments Liz, I am a grade 10-12 librarian who does lots of booktalks. If you would like to send a copy of your book, i WOULD BE GLAD TO READ AND REVIEW.

Let me know and I will give you my mailing address.

BJ

message 3: by bjneary (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:39AM) (new)

bjneary | 236 comments Liz, I really enjoyed Pretty Tough and will be booktalking this book to my senior high reading students as well as students that want to read new books. I think the rivalry between the sisters was great, students like when sports is involved so the soccer & surfing aspect is great and I liked the insecurity issues of both Charlie and Krista! Since they were sisters, you could see how easily they fought big time! I do think the 10th grade students will identify with this book and find it easy to read, the font is a good size and 247 pages is easy enough for good readers and reluctant readers. Let me know if you want me to review it for Razorbill, I think is a book that girls will identify with but if there are boy soccer players and surfers, they may read it as well.
BJ

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Is it too late to ask for one..lol?

message 5: by Liz (new)

Liz | 4 comments Ashley wrote: "Is it too late to ask for one..lol?"

If I had any more, I'd send one but alas...you'll have to hit the bookstore :-)