Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Blocked member and friend request notification

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Not a bug but my mistake :(

I have received a friend request from someone unknown to me which I did neither approve nor ignore, simply blocked the user in question. I was annoyed of too much blah blah and zero in common.

Now I do have this "friend request notification" permanently on my page and cannot get rid off it. The request itself is gone, it says I do not have any, just the notification screams at me. Now I cannot approve or disapprove anymore, obviously.

I have unblocked the user briefly but nothing, still the same. To send a friend request myself is not an option.

Any ideas what I can do to make this notification disappear?

message 2: by Loederkoningin (new)

Loederkoningin | 121 comments I had the exact same problem a day or two ago. The notification will eventually disappear!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

It did finally. I have logged out, cleared the cookies and the cache, logged in again and it was gone. It was probably only because of the cached pages.

I feel a bit foolish now to have started the thread hmpf

message 4: by Petra X (new)

Petra X (PetraX) | 5937 comments I always reckon that someone who doesn't want to follow my reviews but just wants to be friends has another agenda. I find that authors who have huge friends lists requests are almost always like that.

message 5: by Loederkoningin (new)

Loederkoningin | 121 comments Never mind Siiri. After all, it IS annoying when that red notification signal keeps nagging you. You'll get used to it though. Often, it's either this or not getting any notifications at all, ha! :)

I figured that out as well by now, Petra. Somehow, those are always the ones you never hear from again.

message 6: by Izetta Autumn (new)

Izetta Autumn (IzettaAutumn) | 14 comments Similarly, I had someone appear on my Friend's List whom I had not approved. They'd sent me a friend request that I'd never responded to. The next thing I knew, they were listed as a top friend.

Any ideas what happened?

message 7: by Kim (new)

Kim Galla (catmommie) | 396 comments Are you on Facebook? That happened to me and I had to delete them as GR friends, since they never became active GR users.

message 8: by Izetta Autumn (new)

Izetta Autumn (IzettaAutumn) | 14 comments I'm not on Facebook....so I was double confused.

message 9: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (Stewartry) | 127 comments Siiri wrote: "It did finally. I have logged out, cleared the cookies and the cache, logged in again and it was gone. It was probably only because of the cached pages.

I feel a bit foolish now to have started th..."

Don't feel foolish! I'm glad you did - because I have the exact same situation, and now I know that little notification will go away. So thank you!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

:D Tracy, it seems others have also some use for the thread so I am totally okay with it. It was just totally annoying to see the notification on my page without being able to DO anything against it. That was a huge poo-poo but thankfully it made its way into cyberheaven where it can stay for all I care. So yes, it will disappear finally, at least I hope yours will too.