The Great Ga'Hoole Tree discussion

Discussions > The Movie

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So what did you guys think of the movie?

I liked it, but I didn't. There were a lot of flaws...Its one of those movies where if you have never read the books the movie's good.

message 2: by Chewy (new)

Chewy For the movie, I didn't like it for 3 reasons:

1. They twisted the story line so much, I didn't know what I was watching

2. Their target audience was a couple years lower then the books target audience

3. The animation was childish, missing the target audience again

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

mhmm. Soren's parents were supposed to be dead, Nyra wasn't supposed to be at St. Aegolius, they left out Skench and Spoorn, and i think Hortense too. and who the heck, was the rodent?!

Kristi~Lost in My Own Head~ (derek1) | 16 comments I thought the movie was okay. The books far surpass it. I didn't like the animation, some of the scenes that I believed irravevent and way too far from the book, and the characters didn't have enough.....kick I guess. I was disappointed with the movie. If I hadn't read the books, I think I might have enjoyed it

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah, that's like what i said...if you've never read the books, it's a good movie. if you have..it stinks.

i have to agree with you on the characters. i thought Gylfie would have WAY more spunk to her. Digger was happy go lucky when he was supposed to be nervous alot...Twilight was eh, Soren was just there...*sigh*

Kristi~Lost in My Own Head~ (derek1) | 16 comments Digger seemed too loony to me. And Twlight was SUCH a let down. I didn't get to hear the humor he had in the books. I found him rather pathetic in the movie

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

ditto

message 8: by Corally (new)

Corally  | 1 comments Never seen the movie but from the commercials i already like the books more.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

yep. *nods once*