Q&A with Paul Vincent discussion

1 view
Short stories

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (last edited Nov 13, 2012 04:52AM) (new)

Paul Vincent (Astronomicon) | 109 comments Mod
I'm slowly building up a collection of short stories I've written within the Astronomicon universe. Each is a completely stand alone story with no prior knowledge of Astronomicon required but I'm wondering what on Earth I should do with them.

It's been suggested that I should wait until I've got a dozen or so of them, and publish a book of short stories, but at my current rate of writing them it will probably be another two years before any of them see the light of day.

They're too small to sell individually, so what's the best plan? I've wondered about giving them away free to increase general awareness of the whole Astronomicon thing, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea?

message 2: by Paul (last edited Nov 16, 2012 06:40AM) (new)

I am gradually coming around to the view that, in the long term, I would be better off using them as promo material to post on the VERY many short story/creative writing sites on the web, rather than attempting to sell them directly.

It would be nice to hear the opinion of others on this one.

message 3: by Paul (new)

I've decided to go ahead and use them as promo material, posting them free in a variety of places. You can see the first one here:

http://authspot.com/short-stories/astronomicon-boundary/

message 4: by Paul (new)

Impressive, after posting a link to my short story here, on Twitter, Google+ and Facebook, it got precisely ZERO reads! I think I would probably have got more people to take a look if I'd just said "Don't click on this link!"

lol.

message 5: by Paul (new)

Got the read count up to 2!

Promotion wise I've obviously got something completely wrong with this one.

Where's a good place to post science fiction short stories?