Young Readers & Writers discussion

Writing :) > What is your inspiration for writing?

Comments (showing 1-20 of 20) (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shambhawi, Scatterbrains`` (new)

Shambhawi P. (shambhawip) | 314 comments Mod
What inspires you to write? What makes you want to take those words in your head and put them all down on paper or type it out on the computer screen? What makes you take those words and create something beautiful where there was nothing earlier?

If you want to share your inspiration for writings then, share away - if it is something personal then we understand. :)

message 2: by Lady Poppy (new)

Lady Poppy | 152 comments When I write I get all of my emotion out of me. When I write I get all excited and butterflies whirl around inside of me with all of my ideas. Writing makes me feel better in general.

My inspiration for writing is reading, really. So many people don't like reading, and I feel that they might like my stories and try to give reading more of a chance. No one really understands the bliss of reading until they dig into an amazing tale filled with adventure, sadness, mystery, romance, comedy, and heartbreak all wrapped into one big burrito of a story.

I am a shy person in life. I lack self confidence. When I write from a first person view, I make myself whoever I want to be. I could be gorgeous, I could be loved by everyone, I can be anything I want to be when writing. I know it's stupid to make the main character a perfect version of the imperfect me, but it makes me feel better. No, I don't do that every time, I have only done it in one story. Thanks guys.

When in doubt, write it out.

message 3: by Shambhawi, Scatterbrains`` (new)

I write, because I can. Its simple for me really. I have been writing for as long as I remember - poems, stories, just little tidbits of ideas running across my head. My mind sometimes feels like a big ball of thoughts, emotions, ideas all waiting to break out of me. Sometimes as I walk on the streets or I look at the teacher speaking front of me in class, I think - I think what their story might be. And I imagine them as children, wanting so, so much from life then being grounded into the reality of the world when they grew up. And then I go home, take a paper and pen, and then I write the story.

It is sad, really, but I rarely complete a story I've started. My mind moves from ideas to ideas so quickly I am never patient enough to complete one. I always save my incomplete drafts. That is why I stick to poems - it is so much easier to drop those ideas in fragmented words and broken sentences. I write free verse because I cannot bind those ideas in rules and they spill out of me as they were in my head. I think in poems sometimes - the words in my head are sometimes incomplete and just words instead of perfectly coherent sentences.

My best works are always written on paper I can't write in my computer, I cannot feel an intimacy with my words there. I need a paper that I can put in a file, or press in my diary and pull it out and read it later to understand what was running in this thick head of mine.

I still cannot share what I wrote too - my words feel too raw and unguarded but I hope someday I get over that. My writing is almost always dark, dreary and bleak with little hope. I think a lot and whatever I write is a result of me overthinking things. But I love writing and can never imagine myself stopping

Whew..that was long :/

message 4: by Shambhawi, Scatterbrains`` (new)

Feven wrote: "Something that makes me cry, I calm down when I write. I take my emotional pain and combine it with other stories I hear to enhance my writing.

I barely share some of my personal poetry, I think ..."

@Feven I used to get the same attitude from people. I understand. :)

message 5: by Shambhawi, Scatterbrains`` (new)

Pop_dizzle wrote: "When I write I get all of my emotion out of me. When I write I get all excited and butterflies whirl around inside of me with all of my ideas. Writing makes me feel better in general.

My inspirati..."

That was beautiful. But don't ever think less about yourself. The fact that you can create something perfect from words means you are a really awesome person. Not everyone can.

message 6: by Lady Poppy (new)

Lady Poppy | 152 comments Shambhawi wrote: "Pop_dizzle wrote: "When I write I get all of my emotion out of me. When I write I get all excited and butterflies whirl around inside of me with all of my ideas. Writing makes me feel better in gen..."

Thank you, thank you so much :) You are an amazing person.

message 7: by Shambhawi, Scatterbrains`` (new)

Pop_dizzle wrote: "Shambhawi wrote: "Pop_dizzle wrote: "When I write I get all of my emotion out of me. When I write I get all excited and butterflies whirl around inside of me with all of my ideas. Writing makes me ..."

*blushes* So are you. :) I'd love to read some of what you've written!

message 8: by Lady Poppy (new)

Lady Poppy | 152 comments Shambhawi wrote: "Pop_dizzle wrote: "Shambhawi wrote: "Pop_dizzle wrote: "When I write I get all of my emotion out of me. When I write I get all excited and butterflies whirl around inside of me with all of my ideas..."

I'll post the first chapter in your writing section.

message 9: by Shambhawi, Scatterbrains`` (new)

Pop_dizzle wrote: "Shambhawi wrote: "Pop_dizzle wrote: "Shambhawi wrote: "Pop_dizzle wrote: "When I write I get all of my emotion out of me. When I write I get all excited and butterflies whirl around inside of me wi..."

Okay. *runs off to read it*

message 10: by Blue (new)

Blue Iris Hey... Well, my inspiration is usually anything and everything. You know, how when something dumb and funny happens in school and you just feel the urge to write about it..?... Well, it's kinda like that. And I also really like adding something that would just happen any day because most authors stick to their story so much that they forget that their characters also have something like .. a "life".

These Violent Delights (Robin) These movies really influence my writing:
Underworld movie series
Resident Evil movie series
10,000 BC
The Hunger Games and

These songs/artists really influence my writing:
Evanescence
Coldplay
Josh Groban
the script-Hall of Fame
She wolf by David Guetta
Lana Del Rey- Born to Die, Ride, and Summertime Sadness
Eminem- Not Afraid
Nickelback- lullaby
and
MGK Invincible
There's a lot of other things that inspire my writing but once I get an idea inside my head, you'll def. see me writing it down. :)

These Violent Delights (Robin) Elke wrote: "Lol She Wolf is inspiring right! xD I listen to that all the time"

did you see the music video? it's pretty awesome

These Violent Delights (Robin) ^ awesome, now I am really curious

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

If someone cares about my opinion...here it is: :)
I'm writing because I have to!! In my case there's no other opportunity.
There are so many ideas in my head and not enough space! For that reason i need paper. To save them all.

message 15: by Shambhawi, Scatterbrains`` (new)

Haha true that. The head is a clutter of unnecessary thoughts. Writing gives it shape and makes it something necessary :)

These Violent Delights (Robin) Owly wrote: "If someone cares about my opinion...here it is: :)
I'm writing because I have to!! In my case there's no other opportunity.
There are so many ideas in my head and not enough space! For that reason ..."

Same here!! If I keep all these ideas in my head, then I can't learn in school, cause I am too busy daydreaming:)

message 17: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia Nichole (booksteainsanity) Sometimes music helps, or an interesting thought about life. Even pictures can give me inspiration.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I know it sounds weird but: Airports.

Try watching people in the airport. It's amazing what comes to mind!

message 19: by Skyla (new)

Skyla Madi (SkylaMadi) A pen and a piece of paper. You'd be amazed at how easy things flow when you go back to basics.

message 20: by Marie (new)

Marie Herman | 35 comments Three things:
1: My imagination going hay-wire(I have one of the hugest imaginations ever, my writing skills, not so much...:) )
2: Experiences from my life that can really get someone else thinking(Going to write my first novel in February about one after I Finnish my WIP).
3: When I watch/read a really good movie/book that makes me think "That's going to be my story some day". :)