The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2) The Golden Lily discussion

am i the only one who feels the end is killing me?

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Makaylia Like, really? why??????????????????

Julie No!!! I'm dying inside. Partly. I think they're going to end up together anyway, so no biggy, but then how she just left him like that. And there's the fact that Adrian seemed suddenly soft...

Alannah i just hope he doesnt give up on her, i hope he doesnt become stalkerish either im just worried he might become depressed and start drinking again, i think maybe he might really be better now though so hopefully it all works out

Sandra :) I don't think Adrian will ever give up on Sydney. They get each other in a totally unique way.
Remember when Adrian 'protected' her against Sonya and Dimitri for wanting to take her blood? She thought to herself: 'How can Adrian, who doesn't seem to care about anything, be the one who actually get's how deep this feeling runs?' (It's not the exact quote lol) Adrian said after the kiss: "I'm the only one who truly get's you."
Besides, he might not be as smart as she is, but he knows more then he's letting on. AND he is willing to learn (Take the Hetaerae ,for instance)
Sydney - book wise as she is - is looking for a romance to knock her of her feet. Well, she has certainly found it, haha. But having him being a Vamp doesn't make it easier on the vows she made towards the alchemists. And when heart and mind are at war, there usually will be a casualty or two.

Sigh, with four more books to come, it can go in any direction. But if this relationship doesn't work out, Richelle Mead is in for a whole load of hate mail from all over the world. I'm pretty sure of it lol

Asser You're not the only one! I died too. My heart ached for Adrian.

Veronica this series is a HEA so next book will have more romance between Adrian and Sydney :)

Makaylia Speaking of the next book, The Indigo Spell, what have you guys heard about it?

Sαღιnα I think Sydney will take some time to go from being a good-goody alchemist to someone not hesitating to follow her heart.. Maybe she will defy the alchemists and there will be some massive scandal which will rock the moroi n dhamphir world too.. Cant. Wait. :D
Although the first chapter of Indigo Spell is all about witches and so not looking forward to that part.

Makaylia I find it ironic she hates magic but she is pretty good at doing it

Sαღιnα Makaylia wrote: "I find it ironic she hates magic but she is pretty good at doing it"

She has been taught to hate anything magical or supernatural by her traditional alchemist teachings. But the point is vampires, dhampirs and vampire hunters make this series interesting, while all the witchy stuff and long spells are just annoying. Sydney doesn't need magic, she is powerful in her own way.

Makaylia Samina wrote: "Makaylia wrote: "I find it ironic she hates magic but she is pretty good at doing it"

She has been taught to hate anything magical or supernatural by her traditional alchemist teachings. But the p..."

I agree with you 100%, but i think richelle mead put the magic in it to make it different than the last ones. I mean Rose could see the dead,Sydney can do magic.

Sαღιnα Makaylia wrote: "Samina wrote: "Makaylia wrote: "I find it ironic she hates magic but she is pretty good at doing it" ..."

I never thought about it that way!
Ahh I just hope this magic stuff is kept to a minimum, I so don't want to read pages of Sydney trying to focus on a spell. I want more of alchemists, vampire hunters and hopefully more of the royals and their politics. Adrian and specially Lissa being a huge part of it now. :D

message 13: by Shii (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shii there so ganna end up together any way.. i thought the ending was pretty ok..there is ganna b a third called the indigo spell

Celeste Biersack Yes. Just yes.

Melissa all's i can say is POOR ADRIAN!!!!!

Makayla Melissa wrote: "all's i can say is POOR ADRIAN!!!!!"

but we all know they fall in love. i just cant wait till the next on

Kasey WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH SYDNEY SERIOUSLY THIS IS ADRIAN WERE TALKING ABOUT HE'S HOT, FUNNY, AMAZING, HOT, CARING AND HELLO PERFECT!!!

Makaylia Kasey wrote: "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH SYDNEY SERIOUSLY THIS IS ADRIAN WERE TALKING ABOUT HE'S HOT, FUNNY, AMAZING, HOT, CARING AND HELLO PERFECT!!!"

true dat

Sharon HOW COULD SHE WALK OFF LIKE THAT AFTER THE MOST AMAZING SPEECH GUYS IN REAL LIFE HAVE LITTLE OR NO COURAGE TO GIVE A GIRL?! I was like, how could you NOT kiss Adrian after that declaration?

message 20: by Mukhlisa (last edited Jul 24, 2015 04:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mukhlisa Her walking off totally makes sense. What he said was really awesome but it would be totally unrealistic if she fell into his arms then and there. She has been believing that vampires and humans cant be together her whole life. She has developed a lot and she has come to like them but some things are hard to change. She can't just give that up so quickly for one guy. But theyre obviously ending up together.

Jazmine AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY DID SHE SAY NO? THEY ARE PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER AND SHE KNOWS IT SO WHY DID SHE SAY NO. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

message 22: by Jazmine (last edited Dec 14, 2016 05:49AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jazmine Sandra wrote: ":) I don't think Adrian will ever give up on Sydney. They get each other in a totally unique way.
Remember when Adrian 'protected' her against Sonya and Dimitri for wanting to take her blood? She ..."

Sandra wrote: ":) I don't think Adrian will ever give up on Sydney. They get each other in a totally unique way.
Remember when Adrian 'protected' her against Sonya and Dimitri for wanting to take her blood? She ..."

Sadly i have not read the third book yet i am going to after this and i sure as hell hope that adrian does not give up on sydney. but i am mad at sydney for denying her feelings for him

Jazmine Melissa wrote: "all's i can say is POOR ADRIAN!!!!!"
he is like the best character there is beside Sydney BUT SHE IS SO DAMN STUPID