Speaker Geeks! discussion

What Do You Think (General)? > Is the World Going to End on December 21st?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 116) (116 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
What's your view on this?

message 2: by Lo, I'm a waste of time (last edited Nov 07, 2012 02:31PM) (new)

Lo (DarkAlleyCookies) | 563 comments Mod
I don't think it will. People are only saying this will happen because the Mayans ended the calendar on that day. The Mayans aren't future-tellers, and their calendar had to end somewhere. I know it's in some people's religion to believe this, but personally I just think it's a big panic over nothing, like with our past few end-of-the-world scares.

message 3: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
Exactly. Isn't it ironic that we were just discussing the Mayans in World History today?

message 4: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, Lend me your ears! (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 91 comments Mod
I don't think it will, but I am anxiously waiting for the zombie apocalypse !

message 5: by I am Dangerous (new)

I am Dangerous | 147 comments Non-sense.I don't think so and if it has to end it should end on 29th nov,we have our exams starting from that day:(

message 6: by Yazid (Ciel) (new)

Yazid (Ciel) (plue) It will end... but not now...

message 7: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
Yes.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Obviously not! Jesus clearly says that he will come back (a.k.a. the world will end) on God's timing alone and when everybody is least expecting it.

message 9: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
Yes, my thoughts exactly.

message 10: by Lo, I'm a waste of time (new)

I'm not Christian, but I think the world will end when the sun burns out or something.

message 11: by Yazid (Ciel) (new)

Yazid (Ciel) (plue) From my belief, it's going to end when the signs appear.

message 12: by Lo, I'm a waste of time (new)

What signs?

message 13: by Yazid (Ciel) (new)

Yazid (Ciel) (plue) You know, signs stated in the Holy Books. First would be the small signs and then the big signs, then the world would end.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

i'll tell you on the 22nd... blah ..Imo, religious or not, all things that have a beginning, must eventually come to an end.

btw since there are mentions of religion, mines state that teh world will be destroyed when it has become completely demoralized, and 'good' ppl are being persecuted.

message 15: by Yazid (Ciel) (new)

Yazid (Ciel) (plue) Mine said the end would be the nearest when there is Illuminati and all the people did not believe in God.

message 16: by l (new)

l Mayan calendar did not include leap years. We were supposed to be dead months ago xD Also, I don't think we should be trusting the Mayans, these were the same people who thought the sun wouldn't rise the next morning if they didn't sacrafice a beating human heart to their 'sun God' each day :\

message 17: by Lo, I'm a waste of time (new)

That's true.

message 18: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
Lauren ~I just read the most wonderful story!~ wrote: "Mayan calendar did not include leap years. We were supposed to be dead months ago xD Also, I don't think we should be trusting the Mayans, these were the same people who thought the sun wouldn't ri..."

Not to be a smart-aleck, but I think that may have been the Aztecs. But, the Mayans did engage in royal bloodletting to offer a sacrifice to their gods because they believed that the soul was in the blood, and giving part of one's soul was the most precious gift ever.

message 19: by Lo, I'm a waste of time (new)

Leah wrote: "Lauren ~I just read the most wonderful story!~ wrote: "Mayan calendar did not include leap years. We were supposed to be dead months ago xD Also, I don't think we should be trusting the Mayans, the..."

Oh dang--I learned about the Aztecs last year! How could I have gotten them mixed up?

message 20: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
It's fine. I hope I didn't sound snotty or smart-alecky.

message 21: by Yazid (Ciel) (new)

Yazid (Ciel) (plue) How do you learn this stuffs? o.o'

message 22: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
World History mainly. Some of it...well, I don't know WHERE I read it.

message 23: by Yazid (Ciel) (new)

Yazid (Ciel) (plue) Oh ok. Interesting stuffs.

message 24: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
:)

message 25: by I am Dangerous (last edited Nov 14, 2012 08:07AM) (new)

I am Dangerous | 147 comments Alright the world is going to end someday but when we don't know but whenever it is going to end i dont care i just want to enjoy till it doesn't end.

message 26: by Lo, I'm a waste of time (new)

I'm pretty sure it's not going to end until the sun blows up--like a billion years later.

message 27: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, Lend me your ears! (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 91 comments Mod
Lo wrote: "I'm pretty sure it's not going to end until the sun blows up--like a billion years later."

Yeah.

message 28: by Xdyj (new)

Xdyj | 127 comments Idk, my guess is humans would probably go extinct long before that given our self-destructive tendencies :)

message 29: by Lo, I'm a waste of time (new)

But..but...but...right before Christmas? No!

message 30: by Yazid (Ciel) (new)

Yazid (Ciel) (plue) Lo wrote: "But..but...but...right before Christmas? No!"

Lol.

message 31: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silverbane (Nightlightknight) It reminds me of the furore caused by the Y2K bug, I mean, sure global warming has thrown up some rather extreme and freak weather patterns, but as far as I know, and I'm no scientist, or religious believer, there is no indication as to why the World is going to end this year.

message 32: by Tab (new)

Tab Defarge | 512 comments Woah... That's a good connection

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I really don't think it will, although a lot of messed up things are happening all around the world people can't predict when the earth will end, only God knows and if your no religious, well, I don't know who you should believe but I think it's stupid. The said the world was going to end in 2000 or 2001 or something and it didn't happen.
I swear thy called it off now anyway?

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I dont believe this.

message 35: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
Neither do I. People have been predicting the end of the world for a loooooooooooooooong time. But God said that only He knows when the world will end, so I'm not exactly worried about this.

Mrs.Crazy (nico di angelo) | 4116 comments Mod
I'm not worried either and I don't think anything will happen really.

message 37: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
The freshman class at my school is going to see "The Hobbit." It's the last day before Christmas break for me. *shrugs* That's about the most eventful part.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I am not worried.I am excited.My birthday is on Dec.24.So if world ends on Dec.21,I am gonna born again three days later.Pretty cool:)

Lol!!!

message 40: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
That's cool!

My brother's b-day is December 27

message 42: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
So is my grandpa's!

message 43: by jacie (new)

jacie (jaciesmith) First of all, I am a very devout Christian and believe that God will give few signs, all while man is least expecting it.

On the other hand, though, the world was supposed to start over every two thousand years, SUPPOSEDLY.

Though, the Mayan calender did not include leap years so we would've died in May. It's all for corporate culture, it is. If the Mayans have known that the apocalypse would begin on December 21st, 2012 for a some large amount of large years, why didn't USA News tells us until 2008? See, they want you to buy their stories in the paper or prepare for the apocalypse by filling their cabinets with food.

message 44: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (last edited Jan 16, 2013 06:39PM) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
I think that they just want it to turn into a franchise. If they ACTUALLY thought it would happen (which it won't), wouldn't they be scared by now?

And, I too am a Christian. I can't remember the exact Bible verse, but there is one that says that even the Son does not know, which leads me to believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) that a PERSON wouldn't know either. Also, they've been predicting the end of the world since it was foretold that it would end. As far as I'm concerned, it's just another day.

(edit: It's Matthew 24:36)

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Dnt worry,just think about people you love.Its gonna be alright.

message 46: by Lo, I'm a waste of time (new)

It's a little strange though, because I remember previously people screaming about the end of the world last year, and now that it's the week of, nobody seems to care?

message 47: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
I know, right?

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Just 2 more days and the movie "2012" will be declared as Comedy.

It's so crazy right.

message 50: by Lo, I'm a waste of time (new)

Ha ha best joke I've heard all day

« previous 1 3