UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Ian Rankin
This topic is about Ian Rankin
General Chat - anything Goes > Ian Rankin Video Diary

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul Turner (PaulJTurner) | 22 comments Very interesting documentary on BBC1 tonight. Ian Rankin is followed throughout the process of writing his latest novel. Those who missed it can watch on BBC iPlayer if they are in the UK.

It is of particular interest to authors as he goes through the various challenges he faces at each stage of the process. This is one of the most successful authors in the world and, after many best sellers, he still struggles with getting motivated to start, with his plots, with various decisions he makes before and during the writing of the novel and getting his characters to be consistent with previous novels they have featured in.

A must-watch programme for all who love reading novels, particularly Ian Rankin's fans and also for authors.

To watch on BBC iPlayer, the link is http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/...

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 8486 comments I watched this last night, and found it very interesting (as a non-author!)

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2219 comments Yey, thanks for that, Paul. Hadn't spotted it before. Off to watch.
Have just treated myself to the new Rebus/Fox - a wickedly high price and just about the only time I have ever paid more than a fiver for an ebook. He's worth it.

message 4: by Paul (new)

Paul Turner (PaulJTurner) | 22 comments No problem Karen, hope you enjoyed watching it :)

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2219 comments Yeh, just watched it Paul... all that self doubt and agonising. Just amazing someone so established still goes through it. What a lovely guy.