The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) The Summoning discussion

book review

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (last edited Nov 06, 2012 12:06PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amber I would recommend the book The Summoning to girls and guys but since the main character is Chloe and she’s a girl and has girl “issues”, I would lean on mostly for girls. I picked up the book because I didn’t have a book so I randomly started reading and it was perfect I didn’t like reading until I read this book because it showed me exactly what genre I like and what I didn’t like. This book is adventures, mind rushing, involves ghosts, demons, and etc.

The book The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong is about a girl named Chloe that doesn’t believe in who she is. All her child hood she said she always saw the “boogeyman” but actually saw or contacted ghosts. One day in school she sees a ghosts and starts screaming because she thought it was a real person and all the teachers held her down and took her to a place for “special” children. When she goes there two boys fall in love with Chloe which gets Tori jealous. The boys try to tell her that she’s a necromancer but doesn’t believe them because she says it’s for crazy people. Later on her powers start to affect her and it hits her. She’s a necromancer. Her and her friends try to escape because she soon realizes the workers at Lyle house that are trying to “help” her are instead trying to KILL her.

The theme of this book is mostly powers, personality, and freedom. The most important characters of this book are Chloe Saunders, Derek and Simon (the brothers), Tori, Rae (Rachelle) and Chloe’s aunt. This book mostly takes place in The Lyle House, ware houses, anywhere hobos can live and Simon’s dad’s friend’s house. This is a have to read book!!!

By: Amber