Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Regional get a copy links

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Traveling Diva (new)

Traveling Diva (travelingdiva) | 1 comments First, I would like to say that I love the feature that I can change country codes and have different book links available when I customize my book links. This is great because where I live, I can order from neighbouring countries and usually get better prices than locally.

The problem I'm having is that a lot of them were not added correctly and I wanted to fix them but see I have no ability to do so. I am sure they are user-added and maybe not well understood by the users adding them. I added one myself and afterword thought I should edit the name, but can't.

Here are a few problems:
In CH there are booksellers in France (should be in FR) including BNF and justbooks.fr

In DE, books.ch should be moved to CH. There is also Indigo.ca which belongs in CA. There are also several US sites listed there.

The audible.de is not properly linked to a search criteria, and just goes to the main page. So if you click it from a book edition, it doesn't find the book on the site, although the site offers searches by ISBN and by title.

Also in DE, a lot of "online stores" should actually be "book links" and vice versa. I can only use the links I have added to my custom list as examples:
Buchpreis24.de is a searcher that searches book sellers - it should be under book links rather than online stores.
Amazon.de, BOL.de, and libre.de are listed as book links rather than an online stores, but as they have shopping carts I would think they qualify as online stores.

I hope someone can help clean this up :-)

Thanks!

message 2: by Kara (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Traveling Diva wrote: "First, I would like to say that I love the feature that I can change country codes and have different book links available when I customize my book links. This is great because where I live, I can ..."

Thanks for the examples, Traveling Diva. We'll try to get someone on cleaning these up soon!

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (darciana) | 89 comments I want to add that libri.de is now ebook.de. I get a lot of my English language books from there, so it's definitely an online store.